GDT: GDT #26 New York Islanders vs Los Angeles Kings | December 9th | 7:30 PM | F/OTW 3-2

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Bortuzzo is really well spoken, comes off very likable and humble.
Went to the Blues board and found all I needed to know. Heart and soul guy and loved by blues fans.

With Reilly and Bortuzzo in the fold it’s nice to have a couple of vets who play the game the right way and can be relied on in key moments when experience takes over.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
IMG_4237.jpeg

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think the Isles hit and held the Kings enough early in the game to keep them from getting to skating. Even after a brutal 2nd period the game was still within reach. One key for us was Talbot giving up rebounds in the 3rd period that he was controlling thru the first 2 periods.

Consider this win an early Christmas present.

Oh yeah, Dobson with another solid game as the alpha. 25+ minutes, 1 apple in OT, and a +2 for those that care about that stat.
He was all kinds of steady tonight.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Also, smart by Mayfield to take that fight in place of Bo Horvat. Can't have him dropping the gloves if possible.

I will say this. Having a guy like Bortuzzo on your team makes everyone play a little bit bigger.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Also, smart by Mayfield to take that fight in place of Bo Horvat. Can't have him dropping the gloves if possible.

I will say this. Having a guy like Bortuzzo on your team makes everyone play a little bit bigger.

Mayfield has not played well this season at all but him stepping up and taking that fight over is what is needed out of our 7 year man.

Bortuzzo was boring and solid tonight. If he can play the bottom pair and add leadership and toughness he is beyond welcome

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mayfield has not played well this season at all but him stepping up and taking that fight over is what is needed out of our 7 year man.

Bortuzzo was boring and solid tonight. If he can play the bottom pair and add leadership and toughness he is beyond welcome

It's games like tonight where Mayfield shows his worth to the team. Sticking up for his teammates has always been his identity and his shot on net led to Lee's 2nd goal. You just have to take the good and the bad.

He has also elevated his game in the playoffs. 7 years is excessive, but he is a quality player in his role.

Reactions: TMI and MJF

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Went to the Blues board and found all I needed to know. Heart and soul guy and loved by blues fans.

With Reilly and Bortuzzo in the fold it’s nice to have a couple of vets who play the game the right way and can be relied on in key moments when experience takes over.
Honestly? I'm just gonna go ahead and say it....... There has been no drop off at all since Reilly replaced Pelech in the lineup. Not knocking Pelech but something's been off since last year. His injuries have either taken a huge toll or he's aging quickly but Reilly has been solid defensively and gives us more in the offensive zone.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Bortuzzo ragdolled a guy on his first shift and I think it made guys want to match and/or exceed that kind of physicality.

Something about not wanting a guy who just went through once practice showing you up on home ice.

Reactions: MJF and chico19341

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Bortuzzo ragdolled a guy on his first shift and I think it made guys want to match and/or exceed that kind of physicality.

Something about not wanting a guy who just went through once practice showing you up on home ice.
Also just being able to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad