GDT: GDT #26 New York Islanders vs Los Angeles Kings | December 9th | 7:30 PM | F/OTW 3-2

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What did you and others think of Bolduc? He didn’t look like a car wreck… so that’s a start.

I think he's been okay. There's just not much about his game that is looking like it'll be anything worthwhile though. At this point I would expect to see flashes of what he could become but there really hasn't been much. If he's steady then that's good enough right now.

Reactions: seafoam and Big L

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
To be fair, the response you were quoting was from a chain that started with the premise that there has been a minimal drop-off from Pelech to Reilly.

Reilly over Pelech on the short-term can be survived, but over the course of a season it would be bad.

Reilly over Aho, sure no problem. But with that said Reilly has had some equally bad Aho moments. But overall seems a better option.

What did you and others think of Bolduc? He didn’t look like a car wreck… so that’s a start.

Since the earth went flat. Please try to keep up! Sheesh! :sarcasm:
I replied to @PWJunior elsewhere that I liked Bolduc's last 2 games. He's been solid and was pleased that Lambert used him in the last minute of a tie game. Signs that he's gaining confidence.

As for Reilly, he's on the team because of an injury to Pelech, but he does not play Pelech's game. Reilly is a puck mover and has been effective for us offensively, as well as helping with clean O zone entries. So I can't draw that line from Reilly to Pelech. His comparable is Aho.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
So what was this slew-foot that the Kings fans are all upset about?

This whole thing is so weird… I didn’t even know there was a thing going on.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I think he's been okay. There's just not much about his game that is looking like it'll be anything worthwhile though. At this point I would expect to see flashes of what he could become but there really hasn't been much. If he's steady then that's good enough right now.
As @MJF , has also said… he has looked better. I’m not really expecting anything from him at this point. Just think it would be very helpful if he can give some minutes or become enough of a chip to get someone who does.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I replied to @PWJunior elsewhere that I liked Bolduc's last 2 games. He's been solid and was pleased that Lambert used him in the last minute of a tie game. Signs that he's gaining confidence.

As for Reilly, he's on the team because of an injury to Pelech, but he does not play Pelech's game. Reilly is a puck mover and has been effective for us offensively, as well as helping with clean O zone entries. So I can't draw that line from Reilly to Pelech. His comparable is Aho.

I don't know why Lambert wouldn't have given him confidence before now. :sarcasm:

Agreed about Reilly vs Pelech. I think Reilly replaced what Aho was supposed to bring and Bolduc/Romanov are expected to replace what Pelech brought.

As @MJF , has also said… he has looked better. I’m not really expecting anything from him at this point. Just think it would be very helpful if he can give some minutes or become enough of a chip to get someone who does.

I'm more okay giving him reps than I am Aho. At least there's the potential to be something more with more playing time. If they want to trade him off after gaining a little value I'd be fine with that too.

Maybe they keep him, we're going to need some 5/6 defensemen Mayfield's contract is up anyway. :laugh:

Reactions: MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

I dunno, I’d like to see a replay of said infraction(s).

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)

I remember the play in the game thinking the kings player pulled down Lee. I thought it was weird that the kings player was looking for a penalty.

The play on Gavrikov was a collision on a bang bang play definitely not a penalty, thankfully he came back in.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Deja Vu
Some thing said about Holmstrom
And even Gauthier earlier this season

How about we wait for 80 NHL games first?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I remember the play in the game thinking the kings player pulled down Lee. I thought it was weird that the kings player was looking for a penalty.

The play on Gavrikov was a collision on a bang bang play definitely not a penalty, thankfully he came back in.

It's borderline but seems 100% accidental. Lee doesn't appear to be intentionally using leverage or to intentional kick out the back of Kaliyev's legs. He we knocked off balance during the battle and fell backwards. If he isn't pushed against the wall nothing would've happened.

Reactions: Big L and islesmb

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Holy crap almighty…. THAT is half of what they’re crying about?!!

Kaliyev in trying to check/knock down Lee succeeds in doing so… Lee is falling down THEN he makes contact with his leg. Lee was off both feet before the time of contact… where was his foot supposed to go.

This is just embarrassing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Kaliyev in trying to check/knock down Lee succeeds in doing so… Lee is falling down THEN he makes contact with his leg. Lee was off both feet before the time of contact… where was his foot supposed to go.

One of these things is not like the others.

Reactions: Big L and PWJunior

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

sawft.jpeg

Kings fans watching at home

Reactions: PWJunior

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Look closely at Kaliyev’s left arm when he goes down with Lee. He’s 100% holding Anders through the whole situation which is what most likely caused him to fall. The Gavrikov hit was Anders picking his head up last second and trying to avoid the contact which is why they went knee on knee to begin with. They flipped out about the call on Byfield but I’m sure they were perfectly fine with him digging at Sorokin after the whistle like it didn’t exist. That fanbase is almost comical.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Kaliyev was pulling Lee down and that caused the contact. The leg on leg wasn’t intentional.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't get the bellyaching on those non-calls either.. Lee didn't initiate contact with Kaliyev or Gavrikov. They were both trying to hit / hold him. Both of Lee's reactions happen 100 times every game. Kings fans make up excuses when their team blows a lead...Islander fans blame their team and coach, lol.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI and Lek

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Kaliyev was pulling Lee down and that caused the contact. The leg on leg wasn’t intentional.
LA fans weren’t too happy when I called that one before even watching a replay. They probably wouldn’t be happy if I called out Kempe for slashing anyone who came near him or Byfield for diggging at Sorokin after the whistle then throwing a tantrum it was blown.

Reactions: MJF

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It's borderline but seems 100% accidental. Lee doesn't appear to be intentionally using leverage or to intentional kick out the back of Kaliyev's legs. He we knocked off balance during the battle and fell backwards. If he isn't pushed against the wall nothing would've happened.
I think if Kings fans watched Lee attempt to skate with speed more often, they'd realize how ridiculous the claim is.

I'm sure we're going to see warts with Bortuzzo, but mere competence was a nice change. It's too bad because I like Aho - I want to see a smaller guy succeed. But he doesn't just loses battles nearly all the time now.

I'm kind of surprised Reilly only has 13 goals in his career, because he seems to waste no time getting the puck on net when he has opportunities.

Echoing props to Mayfield. I suppose he got the penalty for being the "2nd man in" in that fight when he stepped in for Horvat. I don't have a problem with him getting the extra 2 there, and I don't have a problem with him taking the penalty there. This was a situation imo where the refs understood 100% what was going on. No instigator because Englund willingly dropped the gloves. The only person I blame in that situation is Barzal. Hopefully he doesn't put himself in that situation again. Englund's hit was polite, if anything. I understand Horvat wanting to back his guy, but like Butch, I don't like the idea you have to fight after a perfectly fine, level hit like Englund's.

Sorokin was good. He's luckily avoided a lot of criticism, because it's getting harder to discount the difference in level of control we've seen when Varlamov plays. I hope he's turning it around.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Lee attempts to skate with speed? You take that earth is flat accusation back and sit in the corner for 10 minutes.
The way Lee skates the earth does appear flat, but that flat slope is somehow always always up hill. His stride is Sisyphaen.

(Sorry if this doesn't make sense but if I tried to make it more clear, I'd need to specify a vector that has a positive y axis slope relative to the perpendicular of the force of gravity).

Reactions: miscs75

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The way Lee skates the earth does appear flat, but that flat slope is somehow always always up hill.

(Sorry if this doesn't make sense but if I tried to make it more clear, I'd need to specify a vector relative to the direction of the force of gravity).
I’d love to see a fastest skater comp between Anders, Pat Maroon, Nick Ritchie, Matt Martin, Ryan Reaves and UFA Josh Bailey. Would be fun to watch that over the usual guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad