GDT: GDT 12-13-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If you're going to spend this much time trying to downplay the Leafs, at least spend as much time actually watching them play.

This is the exact type of game the Leafs win frequently. Get outshot by a large margin and still pull away with a multi-goal win. It's happened at least 10 times this season already.

They end up on the wrong side of that and all of a sudden it makes them a bad team?

Do you even have a favourite team? Or do you just exist to be miserable?

I was speaking about the 3rd period. We will disagree. I never thought at any point in the 3rd that TB was in danger of being tied or losing the game, did you? Answer honestly. And if you do think they were in danger at what point were they?

As I said and I know I am accurate. TB was in complete control in the 3rd playing to protect a lead. When you do this, the shots on goal are not indicative to the score.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I feel bad for Nurse he honestly is brutal. Oilers ruined his development by throwing him to the wolves. He has skill but no IQ. I wonder what he wouldve turned out like on a different team.

This is over the top but i kinda agree about the IQ. He's not good.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I was speaking about the 3rd period. We will disagree. I never thought at any point in the 3rd the TB was in danger of being tied or losing the game, did you? Answer honestly. And if you do think they were in danger at what point were they?

As I said and I know I am accurate. TB was in complete control in the 3rd playing to protect a lead. When you do this, the shots on goal are not indicative to the score.
What we saw today was a veteren team play a lazy game against a young team who played like it was a playoff game to them. In a real series Tampa would demolish the Leafs. U could just see how bad the Leafs defense was. Tampa played a laid back game and still won 4-1 lol.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yea his size and skating had the potential too turn him into something elite.

Nope. His ceiling was always defensive defenseman, which don't really have a place in the league anymore.

No IQ, no hands, no shot, no passing ability.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I am not saying Toronto is better than Tampa, but after seeing this thread tonight, I know I will get a lot of satisfaction now if Tampa doesn't win the cup again. Cheered for them the last two years but damn if HFBoards doesn't have a way of making me cheer against certain teams.
I'm smiling...

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I feel bad for Nurse he honestly is brutal. Oilers ruined his development by throwing him to the wolves. He has skill but no IQ. I wonder what he wouldve turned out like on a different team.

Might top out as a poor man's Tyler Myers and Tyler Myers is not that good.

It is kind of tough for him though, who is he supposed to learn from? Toolsy players like that, especially ones that rely on their physical gifts and athleticism need a lot of time and direction to develop. I don't think he was given enough of either in Edmonton.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Leafs/Lightning has been over for an hour now.
Who cares anymore.

It's all Stars/Sharks!
and it was a miserable 1st period with nothing of interest to report!

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I said core.

Can you name any current Tampa core players that played on that team? Or are you going to move the goalposts now because you realize you've made a mistake?
What, Me Worry ?

They've won 7 series in the last 4 seasons, or the last 3 times they made the playoffs...

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
What we saw today was a veteren team play a lazy game against a young team who played like it was a playoff game to them. In a real series Tampa would demolish the Leafs. U could just see how bad the Leafs defense was. Tampa played a laid back game and still won 4-1 lol.

Hahaha.
Flames fan with a flaming hot take!
Here I have one too, the Flames goaltending won't take them anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad