GDT: GDT 12-13-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Meh. I'll disagree.

Plus it's something to watch rather then loading up 18 minutes of commercials. (pretty much)
i hate Green Bay, but clay Matthews had 2 roughing the passer penalties his entire career... he got 3 in 3 games to start the season, literally for tackling.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
They have made the conference finals just last year and have won countless playoff series. They have done more in just last year than the leafs have done in decades.
You missed the memo; the only measuring stick available is how many cups we've won with our current core.. Any other accomplishments are immediately disqualified because a guy said so..

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
i hate Green Bay, but clay Matthews had 2 roughing the passer penalties his entire career... he got 3 in 3 games to start the season, literally for tackling.
Oh, I know.

The Sharks, or anyone really, should not be losing to this Stars D.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
You missed the memo; the only measuring stick available is how many cups we've won with our current core.. Any other accomplishments are immediately disqualified because a guy said so..

Apparently you can't "crow from the rooftops" until you win something - I don't make the rules, @beauchamp does.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Last year Buffalo won 11 home games out of 41. They won their 11th home game this year in game 16. Both sides of that are crazy.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
6wiKgSH.jpg

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
The Sharks can not get anything going.
(now watch em score)

I also think by seasons end, Khudobin will win out Bishop for starter.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Got blasted Monday night for saying Tampa looked sloppy against the Rangers, next game they give up 81 shot attempts to the Leafs?

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
American broadcast talking about the bouncing puck and how the league freezes them ect ect...

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
:huh:

But they won something, didn't they ?

7 more series over the last 4 seasons.

The Leafs won one lottery, though...

They've won 2 series more in the past two years, you know the same time frame when the Leafs actual core has started playing in the NHL.

Whoopie-doo.

Anyway, I don't have time to argue with somebody who's clearly over sensitive that I called the Leafs a great team -- it's fine you don't need to agree. Standings do though.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They've won 2 series more in the past two years, you know the same time frame when the Leafs actual core has started playing in the NHL.

Whoopie-doo.

Anyway, I don't have time to argue with somebody who's clearly over sensitive that I called the Leafs a great team -- it's fine you don't need to agree. Standings do though.
Yep. They’re a great team and the standings prove it. Of course they’re only one point in front of another great team Buffalo.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Got blasted Monday night for saying Tampa looked sloppy against the Rangers, next game they give up 81 shot attempts to the Leafs?
Well, when you put it like that.. Scoring chances were 22-14, so that's not quite so ugly. Giving up 6 power plays isn't a great way to win, either.

It was an absolute crapshoot of a performance for about 55 minutes though, yeah. Toronto played really well but couldn't get shots through our stonewall, while we played like ass and netted 4 goals. Toronto truthfully has more reason to be pleased with the game, though understandably the fans won't see it that way.. Bittersweet victory for the Bolts.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Yep. They’re a great team and the standings prove it. Of course they’re only one point in front of another great team Buffalo.

Calling Buffalo a great team at this point is a little early IMO. They seem like contenders but its still a long season. I honestly expect the Leafs and Bruins to battle it out for the 2nd and 3rd seed in the end

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Well, when you put it like that.. Scoring chances were 22-14, so that's not quite so ugly. Giving up 6 power plays isn't a great way to win, either.

It was an absolute crapshoot of a performance for about 55 minutes though, yeah. Toronto played really well but couldn't get shots through our stonewall, while we played like ass and netted 4 goals. Toronto truthfully has more reason to be pleased with the game, though understandably the fans won't see it that way.. Bittersweet victory for the Bolts.

Alot of shots but Tampa defenders did a good job of keeping guys like Matthews and Marner away from their sweet spots. Anyhow Tampa got the W and thats all that matters in the end

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Calling Buffalo a great team at this point is a little early IMO. They seem like contenders but its still a long season. I honestly expect the Leafs and Bruins to battle it out for the 2nd and 3rd seed in the end
Thanks for proving my point. Calling either the Sabres or Leafs a great team is premature. I’d say the Leafs are a good team. Tampa is a great team.

Reactions: snowkiddin

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I'm gonna let you guys in on a secret....

This second period, might have been worse then the first period.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Alot of shots but Tampa defenders did a good job of keeping guys like Matthews and Marner away from their sweet spots. Anyhow Tampa got the W and thats all that matters in the end
I agree, though there should be very little disappointment from the Leafs fans. Well-played game.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Thanks for proving my point. Calling either the Sabres or Leafs a great team is premature. I’d say the Leafs are a good team. Tampa is a great team.

The difference between both teams is the Leafs have already proved they can make the playoffs in back to back years after being dead last. They are a little more proven then the Sabres. Tampa is one of the few elite teams ill give them that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->