GDT: GDT 12-13-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'll say this though -

I do not like the Leafs PP set up. One of the reasons Vasi was able to do so well is - as an athletic goaltender - he doesn't need much time to square to a shooter. With zero one-time threats since Marner and Matthews each play their strong side, it's going to be harder to beat him.

Does Toronto not have anyone with a good One-T? I know it's an odd critique of a top 10 PP, but there weren't a lot of shots I was worried about on the PP (not counting scrambles).
I think Kapanen and Nylander have pretty good one timers, but that's about it. Matthews is also generally so good on his strong side that it doesn't matter. The Leafs more rely on fast puck movement and crowding the front of the net. It hasn't really worked so well lately, probably because teams are starting to figure it out

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid with his 4th post in the last two games.

WPG comes back to win it just after.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
With our defense what it is.. I'm definitely ok with a point against the Jets.
Such a good team.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
That's Talbot for ya, oh well.

Very happy with getting 3 out of a possible 4 points in the Peg this year.

Reactions: Coffey

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'll say this though -

I do not like the Leafs PP set up. One of the reasons Vasi was able to do so well is - as an athletic goaltender - he doesn't need much time to square to a shooter. With zero one-time threats since Marner and Matthews each play their strong side, it's going to be harder to beat him.

Does Toronto not have anyone with a good One-T? I know it's an odd critique of a top 10 PP, but there weren't a lot of shots I was worried about on the PP (not counting scrambles).

Eh. Their one goal was Kappy beating a squared Vasi clean. Toronto's PP usually runs around Matthews picking a corner or Marner threading it to the slot for a tip, tap in, or jam. Matthews was not good this game and Tampa did a really good job clearing the net front, and Vasi is so big and athletic that you're not getting low shots by him. The inefficacy was matchup vs systematic, IMO.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Josh Morrissey is such an underrated star in this game. I am starting to sound like a broken record. Jets can play it any way you want. With skill or on the boards.

Reactions: Bounces R Way
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad