Not open for further replies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Is there no way it could happen?
Theorically?

Sure.

The two wild cards would need to be from the Atlantic.

The Leafs or Bolts would need to finish 4th/5th in the Atlantic, and play the winner of the Metropolitan in the first round (4th if the Atlantic winner has more points than the Metropolitan winner, 5th otherwise).

They would play the first two rounds in the Metropolitan.

If they win both, they would play the Atlantic playoffs winner.

So who do you see finishing 4th/5th in the Atlantic ?

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
12.13.2018-22.41.png

Disgusting 3rd by the Jets

I don't know, if we use the TWS metric, looks like Edmonton dominated the 3rd.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
And they still won 4-1.

That's what teams on another level do. They win games regardless. If anyone thinks that's how Tampa would look possibly 7 games in a series, I have some real bad news for them.

Tampa was not impressive tonight, Vasilevski was though.
They rode a hot goalie and more than their share of puck luck.
Good for them, Tampa is up 1-0 in this year's series.
If the Leafs can carry this same game going forward though I think that Tampa will be in tough to stay in front.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If the Leafs can carry this same game going forward though I think that Tampa will be in tough to stay in front.
Yeah. You should definitely predict that the team lapping the Atlantic conference will play bad every night.
It’s one game. And even on an off night TBay scored 4 goals.
Leafs defense needs some work imo.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I get that you guys played TB well, but you can't really believe that's how it'd be every game?

Surely it's not lost on people that Tampa played a bad game, right? They didn't have a shot for over 13 minutes in the 3rd period. They gave up 50.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Well, at the same time, I’m sure that Tampa has played many games better and with more jump than they did tonight. They wouldn’t be leading the league by so much if tonight was an example of them firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: JDBolt

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
If TB played a bad game and still won 4-1. I wouldn't be lol-ing if that is the best the Leafs can do.

If you're going to spend this much time trying to downplay the Leafs, at least spend as much time actually watching them play.

This is the exact type of game the Leafs win frequently. Get outshot by a large margin and still pull away with a multi-goal win. It's happened at least 10 times this season already.

They end up on the wrong side of that and all of a sudden it makes them a bad team?

Do you even have a favourite team? Or do you just exist to be miserable?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I feel bad for Nurse he honestly is brutal. Oilers ruined his development by throwing him to the wolves. He has skill but no IQ. I wonder what he wouldve turned out like on a different team.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
This Tampa core hasn't won anything yet and yet the fans around here are basically acting like they are the Warriors of the NBA. It's a fantastic team but I at least want to see them win before the fans start taking on the role of Godfather lol
They've won one more Cup than the Leafs in the last 51 years and actually have won a series (nine, in fact), since the 2004-05 lockout.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Does not matter what topic I read on HF this season: "best Atlantic line vs Central line" / "who has the best top9 forwards" / "Point vs Marner" / "Canada national team roster" / "Laine vs Marner" etc. Every single post left by Leafs fans is literally: "shoulda, woulda, coulda".

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Does not matter what topic I read on HF this season: "best Atlantic line vs Central line" / "who has the best top9 forwards" / "Point vs Marner" / "Canada national team roster" / "Laine vs Marner" etc. Every single post left by Leafs fans is literally: "shoulda, woulda, coulda".
I really hate grouping fan bases.
Doesn't matter what group, but you can find all kinds of fans within each fan base. No need to lump them all together.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
They've won one more Cup than the Leafs in the last 51 years and actually have won a series (nine, in fact), since the 2004-05 lockout.

I said core.

Can you name any current Tampa core players that played on that team? Or are you going to move the goalposts now because you realize you've made a mistake?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I feel bad for Nurse he honestly is brutal. Oilers ruined his development by throwing him to the wolves. He has skill but no IQ. I wonder what he wouldve turned out like on a different team.

The only skill he has is skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad