GDT: GDT 12-13-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
So many spins in the GDT tonight, must be laundry day. It takes a dope to see a rope-a-dope. I saw an incredible goaltending performance.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Holy shit. That was just awesome by the Preds. Play with the puck until under 2:00, leaving the Canucks with no 5on5 time to make a real comeback.

Wow. Great job.

Reactions: 7even

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Bolts looked absolutely terrible and still won by 3, not too worried going forward. Leafs were impressive tonight though, really liked Kapanen's game. I shuddered whenever Marner had the puck as well...can't wait for the next matchup between these two teams.
I'll say this though -

I do not like the Leafs PP set up. One of the reasons Vasi was able to do so well is - as an athletic goaltender - he doesn't need much time to square to a shooter. With zero one-time threats since Marner and Matthews each play their strong side, it's going to be harder to beat him.

Does Toronto not have anyone with a good One-T? I know it's an odd critique of a top 10 PP, but there weren't a lot of shots I was worried about on the PP (not counting scrambles).

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Crappy loss. Leafs deserved better, but Vasilevskiy was on fire and a couple of blunders and a lucky bounce or two sealed the deal.

Why would you want to meet them in the playoffs?
The games would be awesome, besides, if we want to win it all, we have to beat teams like them. I would accept a series of upsets that gets us to the final, but I would rather build the team to beat them. I want to have a Cup in Toronto as much as anyone; however, if it were another season of heartbreak I would rather go out entertained than be upset by a team we should beat.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
You definitely wouldn't lose many when playing like that.. Puck just fell our way tonight.

Bounces were part of it but I thought y'all's D really played the front of the net well, not many second chances to be had, especially on the PK. Our PP tried that jam play like 10 times and there was nothing there.

Reactions: JDBolt

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
And they still won 4-1.

That's what teams on another level do. They win games regardless. If anyone thinks that's how Tampa would look possibly 7 games in a series, I have some real bad news for them.

Literally nothing to do with my post.

Tampa is not on another level. If they were the Leafs wouldn't have dominated the game.

As it stand Tampa is the best team in the league. Not a level above the Leafs though.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
12.13.2018-22.41.png

Disgusting 3rd by the Jets

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
The games would be awesome, besides, if we want to win it all, we have to beat teams like them. I would accept a series of upsets that gets us to the final, but I would rather build the team to beat them. I want to have a Cup in Toronto as much as anyone; however, if it were another season of heartbreak I would rather go out entertained than be upset by a team we should beat.

Yeah. No thanks. I'd rather not wish for such a series.

I don't want to have a heart attack before the Leafs hopefully win one cup. Then I can.

Reactions: Leaf Fans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad