Value of: Gaudreau

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
For Calgary, a Gaudreau for Couturier 1 for 1 is their wet dream. I doubt Philly has interest in this though.

Reactions: Devonator

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
RNH for Monahan .
Setting aside value for a second. Monahan is signed for 2 more years than RNH. No way the Flames trade 4 years for 2 years. Add in that Monahan is 2 years younger and way more productive and you have a very lopsided trade.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I posted this in a different thread:

To CGY:

Hall (50% retained)
Misyul
Zacha
Coleman
Conditional 1st if Hall doesn't resign (maybe even model it after the Karlsson deal and offer more than 1 potential first).

To NJD:

Gaudreau
Jankowski
Parsons
Rieder
3rd

Why would NJD do this?

If they can't keep Hall...they get a bit younger with their star player, they maintain a star player instead of trading for picks/prospects. That has to be of interest. Gaudreau is a hometown kid. They do lose a bit of strength amongst their depth for doing this. They also add a goalie prospect who's struggled in Stockton but has some pedigree. It's one of their weakest organizational positions if not the worst. And they add a pick.

Why would CGY do this?

They also trade for a hometown kid, but vastly improve their depth while still maintaining a star player. I think this trade makes them soooo much better. I think Zacha would be a great fit on the flames, especially adding a strong defensive presence down in the lineup and Coleman adds grit and skill. Getting Hall retained offers huge cap flexibility for this season that very few competing teams have.

Thoughts? I'm a fan of neither team.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I get HF likes to hate on the kid but man, most of these offers are straight up insulting. Guy is very nearly point per game for his career and is signed for under 7 million for this season and two more. That is a rare and valuable player.

Not like I expected much but cmon, do better.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I get HF likes to hate on the kid but man, most of these offers are straight up insulting. Guy is very nearly point per game for his career and is signed for under 7 million for this season and two more. That is a rare and valuable player.

Not like I expected much but cmon, do better.

But but wet dream to want a guy like Couturier back... shocking takes. Couturier is good but we’re talking about a PPG Player in Johnny. Funny how 20 games of mediocre flames play and Johnny has low value.... he’s still 18 points with an underachieving team so far this year.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
The Flames don’t need goaltending.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Devonator

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The thing is, Calgary wants a 1 for 1 swap. We don't want quantity for an almost career PPGer.

And this is why these threads generally go no where. 1 for 1 deals for star players maybe happen with forward in exchange for defense... but that isn't what the Flames need.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Kuznetsov for Johnny. Kuz had his booger sugar issues/Gaudreau feeding Ovechkin would be amazing.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
And this is why these threads generally go no where. 1 for 1 deals for star players maybe happen with forward in exchange for defense... but that isn't what the Flames need.

Right, and I don't even see Johnny getting dealt until the 2020 offseason. More teams are inclined to trade player for player during the offseason when cap isn't as much of an issue.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Right, and I don't even see Johnny getting dealt until the 2020 offseason. More teams are inclined to trade player for player during the offseason when cap isn't as much of an issue.

A good coach doesn't disrupt his locker room.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I don't think the value is that far off 1 for 1 but I think the Flames would need to add
I do agree the value is fairly close....but certainly the Flyers do not need to add....a one for one swap is fairly decent...though again I want nothing to do with Johnny....he folds like a cheap suit when the going gets tough...even some Flame fans admit this.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad