Value of: Gaudreau

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I know we can really use a bonafide #1 centre but man would it be nice to somehow bring in Brady Tkachuk
as well and it be interesting to look at a package that involves Gaudreau...
I don’t know just saying...

Flames > Gaudreau
Flames < B. Tkachuk

Flyers > Patrick, Sanheim
Flyers < Gaudreau

Senators > Tkachuk
Senators < Patrick, Sanheim

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
What would Calgary want from Columbus for Gaudreau? He’d be a player we’d covet to replace Panarin’s production on the top-line

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
What if the Devils take Frolik with Gaudreau - what more would have to happen?

Base of the deal being:

NJ:
Gaudreau
Frolik

Calgary:
Hall (no extension)

Im thinking the Devils still add - but what?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Taylor Hall, 1 for 1.

With an extension.

You see, this does nothing for Calgary, we will be in the same spot, lost in the Pacific Ocean on a canoe. If we trading(big if) Johnny we need a good center coming back.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
You see, this does nothing for Calgary, we will be in the same spot, lost in the Pacific Ocean on a canoe. If we trading(big if) Johnny we need a good center coming back.
I get it. I have a gut feeling Hall would be a better playoff presence, but since there's really no history to back that up, it's purely speculation on my part.

And Johnny and Taylor both get to play at home.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
What if the Devils take Frolik with Gaudreau - what more would have to happen?

Base of the deal being:

NJ:
Gaudreau
Frolik

Calgary:
Hall (no extension)

Im thinking the Devils still add - but what?

WTF Hall with no extension is a big get lost from the Flames, we're literally giving up a top line winger on a good value contract for no guarantee that Hall is going to stay. If its Hall no extention send over your first no lottery protection +

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
WTF Hall with no extension is a big get lost from the Flames, we're literally giving up a top line winger on a good value contract for no guarantee that Hall is going to stay. If its Hall no extention send over your first no lottery protection +

That was the question. What would you add for Devils if Hall is unsigned to get Gadreau. I figure taking Frolik is an add for Devils because of his salary. What in addition would it take. Unprotected 1 is probably a no from NJ but honestly its a proposal I would not scoff at.

This is probably overly complicated but if the devils acquire more picks with Vatanen, Green and Simmonds I would include those picks in such a deal. For example, if they somehow acquired a 1 from a contender for say, Vatanen, I would add that with Hall for Frolik and Gaudreau

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Gaudreau+ for S. Jones. Or as mentioned, for PLD. We're not selling low on him.

A team trading for Gaudreau is doing so as a win-now move, so it doesn't make much sense to give up a significant piece off the roster to acquire him

And if Calgary is looking to move Gaudreau, it's because they want to trade him (for whatever reason), so it'll be tough to get equal value in a 1 for 1 swap

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
A team trading for Gaudreau is doing so as a win-now move, so it doesn't make much sense to give up a significant piece off the roster to acquire him

And if Calgary is looking to move Gaudreau, it's because they want to trade him (for whatever reason), so it'll be tough to get equal value in a 1 for 1 swap

The thing is, Calgary wants a 1 for 1 swap. We don't want quantity for an almost career PPGer.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Are you using Nolan Patrick as your starting point for Johnny Gaudreau ? The same Patrick that has migraine issues and never had more than 31 points in a season? Start with Couturier and start adding from there. Imagine Giroux and Gaudreau together on the same line and you'll understand why it starts with Couturier.

I think most of these proposals are bad for the Flames but Gaudreau doesn't get you Couturier . Coutureir is a beast defensively and very very good offensively . I wanted him draft over RNH . Philly would hang up the phone as soon as you mention his name .

Reactions: Dooble08

Bond

May 10, 2012
Name a player you think you can get in a 1 for 1 swap for Gaudreau
If they cannot get a good 1 for 1 trade then they probably do not trade him unless it is for a top C prospect but that is not likely either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad