Value of: Gaudreau

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't think we lose the trade even if Johnny hits 100(I mean it is a given he hits 100 points with Eichel), if Reinhart become a 60-65 point guy and Middlestat becomes a 50-55 point player, than I think it is a good deal for both teams.

Reinhart already is a 65-point player.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
there's just no way kotkaniemi is gonna be traded and if he is it's for a bonafide #1 C which Monahan is not.
He finished 8th in center scoring last year, 6th in center goals, wins a lot of face-offs. He doesn't play with tons of jam for sure, but to say a guy who finishes top 10 in his position and is an incredibly consistent producer isn't a #1 center seems a bit odd. Are only Crosby, Bergeron, McDavid, Barkov, Schiefele, Matthews and Mackinnon #1 centers in your book? Because that's the only way your comment makes sense. It's not like Monahan is old either. He's 24 entering his prime.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I was on the Avs fans side...

I don't really know why the Avs would do that tbh

They wouldn't.
Atleast they really, really, really shouldn't.

I don't actually understand why Avs fans want to load up on stars upfront tbh. Sure if they come very cheap in a ROR type of steal deal then you have to go for it but otherwise it does not make much sense to me. We got Rantanen, Landeskog, Donskoi and Burakovsky as our top6 wingers who are all doing very well (when healthy which is the huge issue right now) as well as Mac and Kadri. Sure it would be nice to have a star player on our second line but the better course of action is just to keep Donskoi with Mac on the top line an bump one of Landy/Rantanen down to play with Kadri. That way our roster will actually be sustainable and somewhat affordable longterm.
If we bring in a Gaudreau or Hall, it simply won't be. Especially if we make the horrible mistake of giving up Byram in the process continuing the tradition of the Avs being in need of a quality D in the nearer future...

Avs are #2 in Goals scored so far this season despite being injury ravaged upfront. Why would you mess with that unless you get to land a homerun in the process?

I hope Sakic is smarter than that. Our team has great chemistry and right now is as a group overcoming massive adversity in form of these effing injuries. I don't understand the impulse of so many Avs fans on here to just go out and splash our assets right now. Is it because it is like spare money burning holes into your pocket or because we finally are not the team having to give up the shiny toy and actually have the money to buy the shiny toy even though we don't need it?

I am a bit baffled tbh. I could see Sakic dealing a bit of secondary youth away to strengthen the roster given that we have a ton of prospects right now that ultimately won't all be getting a chance anyways. But going big game hunting with our prime assets? Doesn't seem all that smart to me given the circumstances...

Reactions: DallasGaume

Cruznoost

Feb 6, 2018
I know we can really use a bonafide #1 centre but man would it be nice to somehow bring in Brady Tkachuk
as well and it be interesting to look at a package that involves Gaudreau...
I don’t know just saying...

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
He finished 8th in center scoring last year, 6th in center goals, wins a lot of face-offs. He doesn't play with tons of jam for sure, but to say a guy who finishes top 10 in his position and is an incredibly consistent producer isn't a #1 center seems a bit odd. Are only Crosby, Bergeron, McDavid, Barkov, Schiefele, Matthews and Mackinnon #1 centers in your book? Because that's the only way your comment makes sense. It's not like Monahan is old either. He's 24 entering his prime.
In 6 seasons he has broken 64 points exactly 1 time and this season he is back to producing at that 60 point pace. That may be a 1st line center to you but not to me. Combine that with the fact that he is not a play driver and benifits a lot from playing with gaudreau his regular low to mid 60s offensive production is less inspiring. Moreover he is not very good defensively. He had a career year last year that he is not likely to match. For a big guy he also doesnt use his size very well.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Monahan is not a number 1 center, as we have seen whenever he's played any amount of time without Gaudreau on his left wing. Go watch the games vs Winnipeg and Carolina to get an understanding of what Monahan really is (when he was asked to carry his own line). They are literally the two worst games of Monahan's season in terms of shot differential - he was out-shot 37-19 at 5v5 in those two games... Coincidentally, Gaudreau looked like his old self with Lindholm as his center.

Gaudreau has struggled this year to be sure, he is obviously frustrated - I think teams are realizing that Monahan isn't a real threat on his own and they have put even more emphasis on shutting down Gaudreau.

Peters badly needs to shuffle the lines.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don't know what it would take but he would look deadly playing on a line with Barzal.

Not and Isles fan but it would be kind of fun to see them go all-in on a star up front and kind of make a run. I know their success is based on a real team concept that is well coached and disciplined but the thought of getting a guy like Gaudreau next to Barzal to really unlock what Barzal is capable of and to give the Isles a really dynamic 1-2 punch to go along with their depth and discipline would be pretty neat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->