Value of: Gaudreau

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
That was the question. What would you add for Devils if Hall is unsigned to get Gadreau. I figure taking Frolik is an add for Devils because of his salary. What in addition would it take. Unprotected 1 is probably a no from NJ but honestly its a proposal I would not scoff at.

This is probably overly complicated but if the devils acquire more picks with Vatanen, Green and Simmonds I would include those picks in such a deal. For example, if they somehow acquired a 1 from a contender for say, Vatanen, I would add that with Hall for Frolik and Gaudreau

Chances are a extended Hall is in the 9 to 10 million dollar range and maybe more. Gaudreau is in the 6.75 million dollar range for 2 years after this one Gaudreau has out produced him as well. So even an unprotected first for a unsigned Hall isn't enough and moving Frolik's salary doesn't move the needle that much considering this is the last year of his salary.

If Calgary is moving Gaudreau its got to be a absolutely home run for Calgary.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
giphy.gif

Gaudreau for Matt Murray would be an idiotic trade for the Flames.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Chances are a extended Hall is in the 9 to 10 million dollar range and maybe more. Gaudreau is in the 6.75 million dollar range for 2 years after this one Gaudreau has out produced him as well. So even an unprotected first for a unsigned Hall isn't enough and moving Frolik's salary doesn't move the needle that much considering this is the last year of his salary.

If Calgary is moving Gaudreau its got to be a absolutely home run for Calgary.

How about un-signed Hall and Bratt for Gadreau and Frolik?

EDIT: Can add conditional picks on both sides (or just one). CAL gets a pick if they do not sign Hall, NJD gets one if they do.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Flames don’t move Johnny for B T. Not 1 for 1
You know your team better than I do, but I’d think the flames would be very happy with this. Brady is unreal and being paid Pennies this year and next. Gaudreau proved he’s soft a butter when it counts, and as you know from Brady’s brother, the Tkachuks are far from that. From an Ottawa perspective there’d be no way I’d do this.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
You know your team better than I do, but I’d think the flames would be very happy with this. Brady is unreal and being paid Pennies this year and next. Gaudreau proved he’s soft a butter when it counts, and as you know from Brady’s brother, the Tkachuks are far from that. From an Ottawa perspective there’d be no way I’d do this.

Johnny is also paid pennies for another 2.5 years. Yes he is soft compared to B T but he is still one of the best wingers in the game, regardless of how these 20some games have gone for the Flames. It’s a whole team issue not just Johnny. Of course Johnny will take the most heat and in a sense it makes sense as historically he has been the engine on this team.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Johnny is also paid pennies for another 2.5 years. Yes he is soft compared to B T but he is still one of the best wingers in the game, regardless of how these 20some games have gone for the Flames. It’s a whole team issue not just Johnny. Of course Johnny will take the most heat and in a sense it makes sense as historically he has been the engine on this team.
Listen I recognize that Gaudreau also has a really good contract. Both are going to get paid big bucks right after though, and I think you’d rather have the younger guy there. Yes Gaudreau is more skilled than Brady, but Brady brings a much better all around game and I think shakes up the culture in the locker room too. Also, having an extra $6m in cap this year and next could go a long way for you guys.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
How about un-signed Hall and Bratt for Gadreau and Frolik?

EDIT: Can add conditional picks on both sides (or just one). CAL gets a pick if they do not sign Hall, NJD gets one if they do.

That pick better be the devils first unprotected at least.

There's no benefit to an unsigned Hall who's likely to add 4 million bucks to the Flames cap number.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Listen I recognize that Gaudreau also has a really good contract. Both are going to get paid big bucks right after though, and I think you’d rather have the younger guy there. Yes Gaudreau is more skilled than Brady, but Brady brings a much better all around game and I think shakes up the culture in the locker room too. Also, having an extra $6m in cap this year and next could go a long way for you guys.

I think that if we moved Gaudreau for BT that shows that we are retooling and we won’t really need to save that money this year. Got Brodie Hammer and Frolik coming off the books in the summer.

I’d be down if he was a C and not a winger.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Flames > Gaudreau
Flames < Brady Tkachuk

Sabres > Reinhart, Mittelstadt
Sabres < Gaudreau

Senators > Tkachuk
Senators < Reinhart, Mittelstadt

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I mean, KK is a good start but we’re trading an all star.

If I wasn’t clear by my first comment I’m totally agreeing with you. The plus would have to be fairly significant.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gaudreau would look pretty good in Carolina and would instantly make them a contender.

Gaudreau for Necas + Bean?

ComixZone

Jul 24, 2005
So, just look at the market.

Mark Stone returned an elite prospect, a 2nd round pick, and a bottom six forward. Gaudreau’s contract I think bumps that value a bit.

To Buffalo: Johnny Gaudreau, Mark Jankowski
To Calgary: Dylan Cozens, 2020 1st round pick, 2020 4th round pick

Gaudreau + Eichel would be something else. Jankowski because Friedman somewhat spoke to it today.

Also, what’s Colin Miller’s value at? Is he a cap dump? I’m sure Buffalo could add that in if required.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad