Proposal: Gaudreau (CGY) for Brady Tkachuk (OTT)

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Obviously everyone and their brother (lousy pun) know that the brothers will want to play together eventually.

Where are you getting that from?

I think it is an interesting trade that could give Ottawa a star player to build around and sell to their fans. Johnny Hockey is an offensive dynamo, but in the long run maybe uniting the Tkachuk brothers would pay off for Calgary considering the age of their core. At the moment Calgary gives up more value imo, but it is a Hockey trade that could work out for both teams.

More value?

You have to be kidding. This is hilariously lop-sided in the Senators favour. This a joke.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Obviously everyone and their brother (lousy pun) know that the brothers will want to play together eventually.

Where are you getting that from?

I think it is an interesting trade that could give Ottawa a star player to build around and sell to their fans. Johnny Hockey is an offensive dynamo, but in the long run maybe uniting the Tkachuk brothers would pay off for Calgary considering the age of their core. At the moment Calgary gives up more value imo, but it is a Hockey trade that could work out for both teams.

More value?

You have to be kidding. This is hilariously lop-sided in the Senators favour. This a joke.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
One of two possibilities here.

1) OP is trolling.

3) OP just started following hockey or is 11 years old.

I'll go with trolling for 100 please Alex...

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
One of two possibilities here.

1) OP is trolling.

3) OP just started following hockey or is 11 years old.

I'll go with trolling for 100 please Alex...

A lot of Flames fans became obsessed with Brady because of the last name. He was already overrated by most because of his last name but among many Flames fans this overrating came to an insane level because of the fact that we have Matthew and he is a fan favorite.

So I think it is likely more that he has overrated him because of watching Matthew and now thinks that Brady, based on his last name.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Yeah I’ll just wait till Brady signs with Calgary when he plays out the next three years in college.

Yeah, because 4th overall picks always wait until they’re done college to sign...

As for the proposal, it sucks out loud for the Flames.

FingerLickinGood

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah, because 4th overall picks always wait until they’re done college to sign...

As for the proposal, it sucks out loud for the Flames.

If you would have done any research on this you would have known that it doesn't sound like Brady Tkachuk will sign in Ottawa. Therefore, after the deadline to sign the player is reached he becomes a free agent.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Seems like a resounding no to the idea. Can a mod lock this up?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Both Tkachuks is possible to see in Ottawa.

Matt Tkachuk for Mark Stone at the deadline, and there you go.

So the Flames trade one of their best young players for a month of Mark Stone?

How about Michael Stone for Brady Tkachuk so you can have both Stone? That makes just as much sense.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Both Tkachuks is possible to see in Ottawa.

Matt Tkachuk for Mark Stone at the deadline, and there you go.

How about Michael Stones for Brady Tkachuk? That makes just as much sense.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If you would have done any research on this you would have known that it doesn't sound like Brady Tkachuk will sign in Ottawa. Therefore, after the deadline to sign the player is reached he becomes a free agent.

1) Do you know when that date is? It’s August 15, 2021.

2) I’d love to see the “research” you have that shows he won’t sign by that date.

3) I’d also love to hear about all the past examples of top-4 picks that postponed professional hockey for 3 years so they could become a free agent. I’ll wait.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

How about Michael Stones for Brady Tkachuk? That makes just as much sense.

Contract status aside (still think Flames should have pursued this trade before Sens gave him 1 yr deal), Mark Stone is considerably better than Matt Tkachuk. And the Flames actually need a 1RW (Neal more of a 2RW at this stage).

Brady for Michael? That's atrocious.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Contract status aside (still think Flames should have pursued this trade before Sens gave him 1 yr deal), Mark Stone is considerably better than Matt Tkachuk. And the Flames actually need a 1RW (Neal more of a 2RW at this stage).

Yes, if everything else is equal, I would take Stone but they are not so I would keep the younger and probably cheaper option with control

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Yes, if everything else is equal, I would take Stone but they are not so I would keep the younger and probably cheaper option with control

I can't argue with that stance and realize Tkachuk is already a fan fave, but Stone would make GODreau and Monehan better. Dude is a 2 way/possession beast. Pay more in salary, but get more at the same time.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

What?

Stone on a reasonable deal for Tkachuk USA terrible deal, Stone for Tkachuk prior to him signing would have been a fireable offense.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

What?

Stone on a reasonable deal for Tkachuk is a terrible deal, Stone for Tkachuk prior to him signing would have been a fireable offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad