Proposal: Gaudreau (CGY) for Brady Tkachuk (OTT)

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
A rough equivalency to this trade would be the Hawks hypothetically trading Patrick Kane for Milan Lucic ten years ago. If that doesn't pucker your butthole then we are definitely not on the same page.

Oh! Or speaking of Hawks trades, the Hawks trading Panarin for Saad so he could be reunited with Toews.

Better example is Luke Schenn for JVR. AT least that involved brothers.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I think it is more likely than not that he becomes a top 5-10 power forward in the league. I mean there aren't a ton of great ones to begin with... He's got the pedigree, work ethic, skill set, and natural physical gifts.
Well it's not more likely than not. The Flames are not trading an already top young forward, for a guy who might become one.

Even Brady's brother, who is supposedly the better of the two, isn't a guarantee to be a top power forward.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Calgary's not rebuilding, they have no need to move an established star for a prospect, even a really good one like Brady.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Why is that assumed? Outside of hockey, do brothers always work at the same companies?
Lots of people work with their siblings if they are in related fields.

Not saying they would ever do this but I've worked with my brother at several companies

And the company I'm working for atm (not with my brother ) has at least three siblings / couples on the shift I'm on and the place only runs a ten person night shift

Last edited:

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Not even remotely close. The stars would have to beyond align for Brady to become anything close to the player Gaudreau is. He hasn't shown that level of offense.
Actually the stars will have to align for Brady to come close to what his brother Matthew is let alone a superstar like player in Gaudreau, Brady most likely top out as a 30-40 pt winger with an edge, so far he lacks an NHL shot and creativity that his older brother has.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Well it's not more likely than not.

Why? Because you say so?

The Flames are not trading an already top young forward, for a guy who might become one.

Even Brady's brother, who is supposedly the better of the two, isn't a guarantee to be a top power forward.

I never once argued that the Flames should make this trade, not sure why you would even bother with that.

I would be curious to see your list of 10 power forwards better than Matt Tkachuk

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Why? Because you say so?

I never once argued that the Flames should make this trade, not sure why you would even bother with that.

I would be curious to see your list of 10 power forwards better than Matt Tkachuk
This is going to depend heavily on your definition of "power" forward. What exactly makes Matthew Tkachuk a power forward? He fights? There are a lot of guys who throw far more hits and use the body more, including guys like Ovechkin.

Tkachuk is my second favorite player on the Flames, but he has a long way to go before being top 10 in anything. To conclude that his brother, so is not as good of a player, is a likely going to be a first line and top 5-10 power forward is absurd.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Tkachuk needs to gain 20 pounds before anyone calls him a power forward.

He's 19 and 190 pounds.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This is going to depend heavily on your definition of "power" forward. What exactly makes Matthew Tkachuk a power forward? He fights? There are a lot of guys who throw far more hits and use the body more, including guys like Ovechkin.

Tkachuk is my second favorite player on the Flames, but he has a long way to go before being top 10 in anything. To conclude that his brother, so is not as good of a player, is a likely going to be a first line and top 5-10 power forward is absurd.

I define a power forward as a player who plays a heavy, intimidating game. Throws big hits, not afraid to drop the gloves, makes plays in the dirty areas, and produces offense.

I don't know if I could name 10 guys of that criteria that I would take over Tkachuk.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Every time you think a trade proposal can't possibly get any worse, someone steps up to prove that just isn't so. There's no way in the silly f*** that Calgary would ever do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad