Proposal: Gaudreau (CGY) for Brady Tkachuk (OTT)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Obviously everyone and their brother (lousy pun) know that the brothers will want to play together eventually. Would Ottawa be willing to deal Brady to the Flames so that they can kickstart their rebuild with a guy like Gaudreau so that the brothers can play together ala the Sedins? Obviously Calgary will need to give up some value because no one knows what Brady really is yet, however would the Flames conversely be willing to move their top offensive player for Brady so that they have a future core that will grow up together literally and figuratively?

I think it is an interesting trade that could give Ottawa a star player to build around and sell to their fans. Johnny Hockey is an offensive dynamo, but in the long run maybe uniting the Tkachuk brothers would pay off for Calgary considering the age of their core. At the moment Calgary gives up more value imo, but it is a Hockey trade that could work out for both teams.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Brady isn't worth anywhere near a player with a PPG+ season, missing PPG by 1, and two 60+ point years.

It's an overpayment... I am aware. How else do you move the needle to make it happen though?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Obviously everyone and their brother (lousy pun) know that the brothers will want to play together eventually. Would Ottawa be willing to deal Brady to the Flames so that they can kickstart their rebuild with a guy like Gaudreau so that the brothers can play together ala the Sedins? Obviously Calgary will need to give up some value because no one knows what Brady really is yet, however would the Flames conversely be willing to move their top offensive player for Brady so that they have a future core that will grow up together literally and figuratively?

I think it is an interesting trade that could give Ottawa a star player to build around and sell to their fans. Johnny Hockey is an offensive dynamo, but in the long run maybe uniting the Tkachuk brothers would pay off for Calgary considering the age of their core. At the moment Calgary gives up more value imo, but it is a Hockey trade that could work out for both teams.

You hope that Brady turns out to be Gaudreau but right now it's not even close.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This idea doesn't make any sense, Calgary is in a win now mode, not in a rebuild now mode. On top of that Gaudreau's contract looks like a great value.

Brady is a good prospect, but if Ottawa wants Gaudreau, its Brady and it would be Ottawa's first round pick this year not lottery protected, but I don't think that Ottawa has their first round pick. Stone isn't as intriguing anymore as his contract is for this year and he's a UFA.

In other words, I don't think that Ottawa would have the pieces to move the needs on a sub 25 year old top 10 winger in the league on a good contract.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
A rough equivalency to this trade would be the Hawks hypothetically trading Patrick Kane for Milan Lucic ten years ago. If that doesn't pucker your butthole then we are definitely not on the same page.

Oh! Or speaking of Hawks trades, the Hawks trading Panarin for Saad so he could be reunited with Toews.

Reactions: flamesforcup

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Trading your top player for some magic beans and hope it could work out? Is BT a moron?

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Huge no from the Calgary.

I wouldn't trade Monahan or Matthew Tkatchuk for Brady let alone our best and most exciting player since Iginla. There is some speculation that the flames were trying to grab B. Tkatchuk around 5 at the draft, possibly with Hamilton going the other way before he was traded to Carolina.

@10:48 But Ottawa snagged him at 4

Super cool video if like this kind of stuff.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kinda weird proposal. I'm not sure at all, it would be enough Svechnikov jr to get Johnny. And Tkachuk isn't even close to Svechnikov's value.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Knowing their upbringing and seeing them as youngins, I have a good feeling we will enjoy watching them playing against each other as opposed to with each other.

Regardless, you don’t trade Geadreua. It’s a stupid idea for a guy that will hopefully be a 60 pt power forward if all goes well

Also, this is not a hockey trade. It is essentially a gamble for Calgary

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I actually hope for chemistry that will win cups.

What chemistry? This was sent like the Sedins who were twins and grew up playing together Brady and Matt haven’t played together for 5+ if they ever did at all.

It's an overpayment... I am aware. How else do you move the needle to make it happen though?

You don’t it’s a terrible idea so you don’t do anything to even attempt to move any needle.

Brady Tkachuk makes no sense for the Flames. Trading for a guy because of his last name is dumb enough on its own, trading your 1st line LWer for a last name is insane.

Tkachuk already was drafted too high based on his last name no need to now overpay for him based on that as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad