Rumor: [Garrioch] Toronto "Kicking Tires" on Tyler Myers

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We have throw away bottom pairing D. Holl is beyond any polite interest. If he "can be flipped for further assets", do it yourselves and give us the return.

Retention is fine, but be prepared to pay for it. 6 million cost the Leafs a 1st a few seasons ago, and 5 million across two seasons cost us a second and a smaller cap dump coming back. If it's necessary, super, but Toronto not having cap space isn't something we're forced to work around. Myers' contract isn't far from being over, and frankly he's shown to be an asset the last year and some, as our team is demonstrably worse with him injured or otherwise out of the line up.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We have throw away bottom pairing D. Holl is beyond any polite interest. If he "can be flipped for further assets", do it yourselves and give us the return.

Retention is fine, but be prepared to pay for it. 6 million cost the Leafs a 1st a few seasons ago, and 5 million across two seasons cost us a second and a smaller cap dump coming back. If it's necessary, super, but Toronto not having cap space isn't something we're forced to work around. Myers' contract isn't far from being over, and frankly he's shown to be an asset the last year and some, as our team is demonstrably worse with him injured or otherwise out of the line up.

I wish the Leafs would move him for futures I have wanted that for 3 years but the Last time I checked the Leafs were 5th in the entire NHL, so it's not going to happen when was the last time you saw a playoff team sell a player that didn't ask for a trade?

It doesn't happen.

Just so there is no confusion while the title of this thread is "Tyler Myers to the Leafs"

I do believe that If he goes regardless of where he goes Toronto otherwise Money is going back to Vancouver either via or retention that's not exclusive to him going to Toronto that goes for him going anywhere

SensFan4lyfe

Nov 2, 2022

tyler myers is not worth a first rounder LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Holl's salary would not be enough to fit Myers even with 50% retention but Vancouver. Yes the Leafs can demote players to fit under the cap. A Myers to Toronto would need to look more like this.
Holl,Engvall, 3rd and a prospect like SDA/Abruzzese and retention.

See Muzzen LTIR

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

Myers has no value so keep him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Why would Toronto want Ferland
HOw deep into LTIR can a team dig? Would Ferland’s LTIR be of no use to the Leafs? providing Van takes back an equal contract like Kerfoot, shouldn’t that allow the Leafs to use the Ferland LTIR?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
HOw deep into LTIR can a team dig? Would Ferland’s LTIR be of no use to the Leafs? providing Van takes back an equal contract like Kerfoot, shouldn’t that allow the Leafs to use the Ferland LTIR?

The Leafs can take on Ferlands LTIR, doesn’t really change anything for Toronto as long as Muzzin is on LTIR. I wouldn’t imagine it being beneficial for Vancouver to make that deal either.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Myers isnt that bad.
I'm no fan, trust me... however i think he sort of gets crucified by Canuck fans and then other fanbases just jump on the hate-band wagon. His contract is horrible, sure but he brings some decent on ice utility if used correctly. One thing to note is that his errors are magnified because of his physical size. Everything stands out.
Last year, he was good. Actually pretty good, playing on a bad team, but played main shutdown minutes with OEL and was decent. this year seems to have been a step back in terms of his play. I may be in the minority but last year he was a solid second pairing guy imo, but this year he's playing more like a No.5 guy.
No bais, he would be a considerable improvement over Holl.
I'd like to see him on the Leafs. I'd wish both of them the best.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
No one will. If he's moved it will be for another bad contract like Zaitsev.
Can you imagine? Three way with the giraffe, Ziatsev and Holl moving?

It'd be like Joe, Eddie and Mr. White at the end of Reservoir Dogs.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
So Garrioch claims to know who the Leafs are 'kicking tires' on but didn't know that the team he covers was actually kicking tires on the player?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

What an awful take. Holl has ugly moments but he's been playing top 4 minutes for a top 10 defensive team in the league for 2 seasons now. I'm not saying he coming to a team and carrying a 2nd pair, but he is far better than "throw away bottom pairing" D. If nothing else he is a solid bottom pairing guy at worst.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
The Leafs can take on Ferlands LTIR, doesn’t really change anything for Toronto as long as Muzzin is on LTIR. I wouldn’t imagine it being beneficial for Vancouver to make that deal either.

If that’s the case;

Myers and Pearson for Holl, Kerfoot, Engvall and a draft pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad