Rumor: [Garrioch] Cost for Pageau is 1st + prospect.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So they're hoping to net a similar return as Taylor Hall basically... seems right

Don't see any way that happens. He's still a middle-6 tweener on most teams, and he's a UFA at seasons end. Not worth a 1st + prospect

Hall returned a good prospect (Bahl), a couple secondary prospects (Merkley, Schnarr), a mid 1st, and another potential 1st/2nd if Hall re-signs.

In what world is a 1st+prospect ask hoping for a similar return?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hall returned a good prospect (Bahl), a couple secondary prospects (Merkley, Schnarr), a mid 1st, and another potential 1st/2nd if Hall re-signs.

In what world is a 1st+prospect ask hoping for a similar return?

Its not remotely close to the same thing its incredible how anyone would not understand the difference.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Errhhhh, the main piece going back to Montreal was worth more than whatever 1st rounder Ottawa will get out of Pageau (Suzuki was a year removed from being picked 13th...)

Yup. Same goes for Stone returning Brannstrom, a mid-1st drafted prospect, but not getting a 1st round pick back as well.

Ridiculous argument.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
He was being deployed as a shutdown 3C by Boucher, and was doing pretty well at it. He got multiple Selke votes that year. Also helped shut down the Bergeron line in the first round, and did as well as any against Crosby and Malkin in Round 3.

He's a playoff player. He's worth a late 1st + meh prospect to a contender.

So he almost singlehandedly beat a team in one of the games in the 2nd round, as a 3rd line C, and was shutting down every team’s best players all the rest of the time while chipping in 3rd line level offence ?

Seems valuable to me...

I hope for you guys that you do get what you think his value is. Personally I don’t know about a 1st, but there might be a team out there that believes that he can help them make a run. It’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
High price means more demand.

Buyers demand

Sellers supply

Means more buyers.
Seller's market means the seller can set the price higher than usual because there's lots of demand (buyers) for a certain types of players, while the supply or amount of such players available for trade is low.

Basic rules of demand and supply.

Now whether it actually is a seller's market or not remains to be seen.

Calpuckguy

CaledonHockey5
Jan 17, 2020
I mean... id pay it!
I would have thought about paying that a few weeks ago, but always a knock on pageau, can't put it together consistently. Lots of ups and downs for a ufa, to command a 1st rounder in a super deep draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad