Rumor: [Garrioch] Cost for Pageau is 1st + prospect.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
INSIDER TRADING: Ducks GM Bob Murray wants to be busy before trade deadline
https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey...murray-wants-to-be-busy-before-trade-deadline

A league executive noted Saturday that if the Senators do put centre Jean-Gabriel Pageau on the market before the deadline there will be no shortage of interest. The expectation is the club will have discussions with Pageau, an unrestricted free agent on July 1, to see what he’d like on a new deal and then make a decision. A proven playoff performer and a perfect third-line centre/penalty killer for any team headed to the post-season, the belief is in excess of 15 teams will show interest in Pageau. Anybody going to the playoffs is going to kick the tires because he knows his role and plays the right way. The belief is if GM Pierre Dorion decides to move Pageau, the asking price will be a first-round pick and a prospect.

Also added this which was interesting:

Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon has been scouring the marketplace for a blueliner and a backup goalie to help the club get to the post-season. There’s some talk the Panthers have an interest in Ottawa defenceman Dylan DeMelo. He’s a UFA on July 1 and there’s no certainty that he’s going to be signed. Not sure what the asking price would be and the word is the Carolina Hurricanes may also be looking at DeMelo as an option.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man if the sens have 3 1st rounders in this draft their rebuild could he done by 2022. Crazy they could have a core of

Branstromm/chabot/docker/

Tkahcuk/raymond/rossi/brown

Along with the 1st +prospect from this trade along with some other nice prospects I'm forgetting. And if the get laf+byfield the rebuild could be done next season if they have similar year to 2017 leafs. Crazy turn around for the team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I initially read it as "Price for Pageau and a 1st", and all I could think is "yeah, that's the standard kind of dumb move I can see Bergevin making" :laugh:

I think asking for a 1st and a prospect for Pageau is reasonable based on what Hayes brought back last year. I don't think he'd be worth it though, that's the price you pay for a 2C rental and I don't think Pageau is a 2C caliber player on a playoff contender.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I initially read it as "Price for Pageau and a 1st", and all I could think is "yeah, that's the standard kind of dumb move I can see Bergevin making" :laugh:

I mean unloading Price's contract for just a 1st would be good...getting Pageau on top of that would be quite a nice bonus.

Turn around and trade JGP for another 1st et voila, you got rid of Price for a mere downgrade in the 1st round. Quite a win.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I would prefer the Senators to sign Pageau, but I think if he's available then every team in a playoff spot should be calling up the Senators. Not only is he a known playoff performer, but he's also a great shutdown centre that has matched up against Bergeron and Crosby and did a pretty good job against both.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I really think the Sens should try to re-sign Pageau. He is exactly the type of player they need moving forward - a guy that can mentor the younger players on the nuances of a 200ft game.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Canes could certainly use Pageau, especially with the rumored Haula/Brind'Amour feud and trade request, but our FO would likely want to extend him before giving up one of our firsts. Yes, his shooting percentage is primed for regression, but even so, his analytics are awesome and he could settle into our 3C spot medium-term.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pageau's a good player, just think he's being over valued if that's the cost for him in a trade.

With his play this year he’s raised his value. Teams could use him for a playoff run middle
6 center that contributes both ends.

depending on the prospect I could definitely see a team paying that price.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I think this is just talk, none of the remaining rentals get a first that includes Pageau unfortunately

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad