Rumor: [Garrioch] Cost for Pageau is 1st + prospect.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Driedger is hurt but he's expected back in another week or so. But he's a rookie, I think Tallon is just trying to shore up the depth for the stretch run.

Ya I was wondering if it's worse than expected. All I know is it's an upper body I think. To me he's probably been the best goalie they have had in net this year, he's so structurally sound and at that cap hit, I'd leave him, but I guess you're right it probably is safer to get a good veteran goalie in there. To me he's the perfect Darling to Bobrovsky's Crawford if we're speaking Tallonese. I don't know who you could get with playoff experience though that's available. Any ideas?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Speak for yourself id do that deal in a heartbeat for Murray.

Why? Where would he fit? How would he help the future at all? We have Nilsson and Hogberg in the nhl already and Dac/Gus in the AHL. Along with Anderson in limbo rn

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Ya I was wondering if it's worse than expected. All I know is it's an upper body I think. To me he's probably been the best goalie they have had in net this year, he's so structurally sound and at that cap hit, I'd leave him, but I guess you're right it probably is safer to get a good veteran goalie in there. To me he's the perfect Darling to Bobrovsky's Crawford if we're speaking Tallonese. I don't know who you could get with playoff experience though that's available. Any ideas?

Craig Aaaaaanderson, come on down!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Uh what he has 2 cups is 25 years old and the sens have no number 1 goalie. Absolutely need him.

Uh what, there is a reason the Penguins want to trade him.

And the Sens dont need a star goalie right now, which Murray is struggling big time to be anyway. They have a couple solid prospects coming up between the pipes. And for next season at least, they dont need goalies stealing them wins.

What they need are draft picks to find some future star forwards.

A goalie is literally the last thing on their list.

Reactions: Altimus and Taluss

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It's definitely a career year and he is not going to be a guy that consistently scores 30+ goals. Also, I dont think he's been injured a lot. There is only one injury that I know of and that was his achilles last year in training camp.
If I was a team high in the standings pushing for the cup who needs a 3C, I'd definitely be ok with giving up a late 1st. Pageau is a Swiss army knife type of player that can log hard shut down minutes and provide great depth for a cup run.
I agree with you, my point was : it would probably be a mistake for Ottawa not to trade him (to extend him) if they can get a first for him.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

It's the groin I think, it's not serious from what's been reported. He's been week to week since the 17th. He's expected back when we resume play next weekend.

Eh, Driedger's been solid, no doubt. But I think if he played as many games as Bob has, he'd have the same numbers. Bob has been good his last 4-5 games, even if his overall numbers don't reflect it yet. Panthers have the #1 offense, but will certainly finish in the bottom 10 in ga. The players on this team just think offense first, are too casual on defense. Although q has had them tightening up things defensively the last few games.

Bob hasn't been top level Bob for most of the season, but he doesnt have an easy job either. Florida gives up a lot of high danger chances. He's still gonna be the man come April if the Panthers make the playoffs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Uh what, there is a reason the Penguins want to trade him.

And the Sens dont need a star goalie right now, which Murray is struggling big time to be anyway. They have a couple solid prospects coming up between the pipes. And for next season at least, they dont need goalies stealing them wins.

What they need are draft picks to find some future star forwards.

A goalie is literally the last thing on their list.

First of all i dont think they want to trade him. Secondly the reason they would consider it has more to do with expansion, cap flexibility and the emergence of Jarry. Not giving up on him, which would be an incredibly dumb way to look at it, he is 25 years old.

The sens have plenty of prospects in net they dont have a proven starter. He addresses that need. I do agree they need elite forwards but they already have 5 picks in the first two rounds.

I am expecting a 1st for him potentially a plus. But if they can get a 25 year old with two cups im taking it.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I disagree

A young team like the Avs shouldn't be gambling on short term success by giving up long term assets

They'd be better served keeping their pick, and simply using their cap space this summer to sign a center

To get JG Pageau in the door and a chance to work on a contract extension. I'd pay that above package. He'd be a dynamic 3rd liner on the Avs. Gives us flexibility as well.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I mean... id pay it!

Nothing but respect for this player (who is better than his career numbers would suggest that he is), but I don't think it would be a good idea for any team to add to a first to rent him for 2 months. Well, any team other than the Senators, anyway. This transaction would be s a great idea from their perspective.

Reactions: bert

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Jost + ? for Pageau

Pageau is good on the PK and at face-offs, two of the Avs most glaring weaknesses.

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Kadri - Donskoi
Nichuskin - Pageau - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I agree with you, my point was : it would probably be a mistake for Ottawa not to trade him (to extend him) if they can get a first for him.
I would agree with this, because Ottawa is a rebuilding team. He'd be a good target for a team in win-now mode.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Jost + ? for Pageau

Pageau is good on the PK and at face-offs, two of the Avs most glaring weaknesses.

Jost + 1st

for

Pageau + OTT 3rd****

*Becomes OTT 4th if Avalanche make it to 2nd round of playoffs
**Becomes TBL 5th 4th if Avalanche make it to 3rd round of playoffs
***Becomes STL 6th if Avalanche make it to 4th round of playoffs
****Becomes OTT 7th if Avalanche win the cup

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Just grabbing 3rd place teams - Lots will hate it, i dont care.

Islanders - Ho Sang + 1
Panthers - Ang + 1
Stars - Melnick (Cause it would be hilarious) + 1
Flames - Jankowski + 1

Are saying Jankowski + 1st round pick? There should be no way the Flames do that. This is a very deep draft and Pageau does not do anything for the Flames.

My prediction is that unless the prices don't come down, this is going to be a quiet trade deadline.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I'd love to see Pageau on the Panthers. They need a more defensive center who is better than Boyle/Toninato.

Barkov - Trocheck - Pageau would be damn solid down the middle.

Reactions: bert

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not remotely interested at that price, but I agree someone will pay it. Hopefully a Blues rival. :)

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
lol it's definitely not a buyer's market if that's the price

Come on now
These articles come out at this time every year, there was on last year saying the asking price for Dzingle was a first. Maybe someone pays up for Pageau but I think 2 seconds is a lot more likely then a first.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nice pick up by the Sens. They will get an excellent return on him. As a Leaf fan I can only hope they screw up the picks :)

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
These articles come out at this time every year, there was on last year saying the asking price for Dzingle was a first. Maybe someone pays up for Pageau but I think 2 seconds is a lot more likely then a first.

K but depending where the picks are exactly, two seconds could be much more valuable than a late first...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad