Garbage Bag Day | Player Exit Interviews

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
82 points seemed like a reasonable goal for this year. I would've been happy with that.

But alas, expecting things out of the Oilers...

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Good praise for Reinhart. Definitely has a good pass and thinks the game well, he needs to improve his skating though.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Absolutely agree.

It can't just be size, has to size that can play and improve the squad. Those two were simply fill.

Yeah, I agree with that. Pardy seemed alright to start but they have enough big, slow defensemen who can't move the puck well. Don't want him back.

Gryba, eh I don't like him but he's a fine bottom pairing guy. But I wouldn't pay him more than 1.75m-2m and I hate how many penalties he takes because of how slow he is. Not a good puck mover either but he can play 'a bit', still wouldn't want him back. If he wants 2m, then he can get that elsewhere. Not paying a bottom pairing guy who brings no offense that much.

I'm fine with acquiring size that can play like Maroon. That's an interesting mix, but slow guys who are just big who can't play are what I hate.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Part of me wanted fireworks but Chia was very smart with his final words.

Didn't show any of his cards. Criticized where needed, praised where needed. And flat out said his plan is to bring in a backup and fix the D.

Nice final words. However I can see some of the more dense fans being unhappy.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Part of me wanted fireworks but Chia was very smart with his final words.

Didn't show any of his cards. Criticized where needed, praised where needed. And flat out said his plan is to bring in a backup and fix the D.

Nice final words.

It's really refreshing to see. MacT would have bragged about targeting Subban or Pietroangelo and would have gotten hit with tampering.

Gretzkyforever99

Dec 28, 2014
Great White North
"It eats me alive. If it doesn't, you shouldn't be here. I'm someone who doesn't handle losing very well." @cmcdavid97 on #Oilers season

just slap the C on him now and move forward...this is his team now

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Also, Chairelli is a much better skilled GM in the way he handles the press compared to MacT.

Every time MacT opened his mouth it was a PR disaster and that's something an experienced guy just knows what to say and what not to say. MacT had no clue.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Also, Chairelli is a much better skilled GM in the way he handles the press compared to MacT.

Every time MacT opened his mouth it was a PR disaster and that's something an experienced guy just knows what to say and what not to say. MacT had no clue.

Forget PR, he killed all his negotiating leverage as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Interesting comments on the whole. looks like he'll bring in another backup from somewhere to compete with LB for the job. Maybe another guy that wouldn't have to go through waivers if he doesn't take the job.

Somewhat encouraging, somewhat discouraging news on Klefbom. Still really don't like hearing talk about custom skates.

Lots of talk about size. Don't really see any value in bringing Cracknell or Pardy back, but I like what Gryba brought.

Klefbom-XXX
Sekera-XXX
Davidson-Gryba
Fayne

I'd be OK with this. Rather have Fayne pull pressbox duty than Nurse or Reinhart.

He seemed pretty confident that he'd be able to address his defence this offseason. I hope he's right.

Sounds like he wants to hang onto his pick. Can't say I blame him. A player picked this draft doesn't have to be protected. Could be the difference between losing a guy like Maroon or Davidson for nothing in an expansion draft.

Loved his quote about the team being a slightly taller midget. :laugh: the team is definitely better but not near enough.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It's really refreshing to see. MacT would have bragged about targeting Subban or Pietroangelo and would have gotten hit with tampering.

Plus a list of all the players he wants to trade, just to ensure we get the minimum possible value for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad