Garbage Bag Day | Player Exit Interviews

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
Eberle is the biggest idiot on the team.

"Yea, I was ok, but nah, not interested in improving my game or getting more experience against tough competition at the WC. Going to kick back in Saskatchewan, crank the Brad Paisley, chug some Bud Lites, you know, take it easy, and hopefully everybody else works hard so they're as good as I am by the time October rolls around."

I hope he's ****ing gone by September.

With a pregnant and expecting sister and a wedding to attend, I think jordans eberles personal time is his to do with as he wishes

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
With a pregnant and expecting sister and a wedding to attend, I think jordans eberles personal time is his to do with as he wishes

There is literally no obligation to go to a B tournament. This isn't like he's skipping out on he Olympics or the playoffs.

Hockey players are people first.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

"Yea, I was ok, but nah, not interested in improving my game or getting more experience against tough competition at the WC. Going to kick back in Saskatchewan, crank the Brad Paisley, chug some Bud Lites, you know, take it easy, and hopefully everybody else works hard so they're as good as I am by the time October rolls around."

So you're getting mad at a guy who would rather spend time with his family? In the offseason

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Dear god man, you need to get your priorities looked at. He's still a human being and if he wants to spend some time with his family when his sister's expecting and he's committed to a wedding then let him. Some people on here expect way too much out of these guys.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Doesn't sound like any intention to trade the pick.

God dammit. More overrated teenagers.

As it probably should be. The pick becomes even more valuable with the expansion draft coming up by adding an exempt core player although winning the lottery might change everything with Chia then having one of the most valuable trade pieces in the league.

I think you look to trade #1 for a top Dman if possible, keep #2 and take Laine, trade #3 or trade down and take a defenseman or take a Dman if they end up 5th or deal that pick for Hamonic.

Some of the high salaried forwards need to be dealt to address the needs on defense and it sounds like Chia is of that same mindset. There will be plenty of free agents available to fill the void of RNH, Eberle etc. Sell them on playing with McDavid, new arena etc. and voila.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I personally look forward to his consistent disengagement every season as much as you guys apparently do.

A child being born is a miracle that may only happen once in a lifetime if that.

The World Championships is a B tournament that happens every single year.

Eberle is a person. Maybe Datsyuk is a piece of garbage for thinking of retiring from hockey to spend time with his family?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Take Laine or trade down.

No interest in Matthews.

Why exactly? You don't have any interest in a 6'2 centre with elite skating, great hockey IQ and playmaking, and a very good shot?

I can understand making a case of Laine due to us needing a big RH shot on the PP and liking his size for the team, but to say you have no interest in a guy who will likely be better than every forward on our team not named McDavid is somewhat puzzling.

Anyways, I'm still holding out hope that we win the lottery and are able to make a deal for a #1D, perhaps Subban or OEL if any of the rumours comes to fruition. If not I'd be more than ecstatic with picking up either Matthews or Laine and moving other pieces for D help. Both are top 6 ready imo, and will be capable of 20G 40-50P seasons, potentially more depending on who they're playing with, and how the D looks come next year. Hell even Pulju would be a welcomed replacement for Eberle with his speed and size.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I personally look forward to his consistent disengagement every season as much as you guys apparently do.

I think Ebs needs to go. It's part of a needed culture change for him to be moved.

Still think it's a dick move to criticize him for not prioritizing going to the world championships over reasonable family obligations.

Didn't Iginla decline the WCs every year?

How many sisters does Iggy have? How many kids do they have?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Yes, he is paid to jump to conclusions like this. Not that I don't hope he's right, but how does he conclude these things based on these interviews? lol.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Is this confirmed or is this your usual doomsday opinion?

Of course its not confirmed, Chia was asked if there was any damage to tendons or ligaments and said no, and that if the Oilers were in the playoffs Klefbom likely could have been playing, but he just shut him down because it kept being re-aggrevated by Klef pushing so hard to try and get back. He did also say that one upside is that Klef is in terrific shape right now, so that sounds like he's been training through the entire thing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I liked the optimism he displayed when asked whether he thought he'd be able to meaningfully improve the defence.

That was the biggest point that he made out of the whole PC. I think that it may well mean that Hamonic is in the bag because he has a very good working relationship with Snow.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Yes, he is paid to jump to conclusions like this. Not that I don't hope he's right, but how does he conclude these things based on these interviews? lol.

My guess is Chia saying that he expected there to be a captain starting next year, Hendricks saying he could see McDavid excelling in the role of a captain in the future as well as other praises of teammates about him being their on ice leader. Maybe its a bit of a stretch to jump there, but its certainly not out of the question.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Eberle has played in 5 World Championships. I think it's pretty clear at this point when he turns them down, he has a valid reason to do so.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016

Spector does seem to be granted more interviews with Chiarelli than the rest of the media, but the first is obvious and it's funny the talk of moving a 'core' player. Doesn't that make it an oxymoron? If they're a core player why would you move them?

I'm sure it'll be eberle and that's it.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

I didn't get the part about McD being captain from the presser. Definitely agree with Spector's conclusion that part of the core will be moved for a D. That was pretty apparent from what Chia said.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
My guess is Chia saying that he expected there to be a captain starting next year, Hendricks saying he could see McDavid excelling in the role of a captain in the future as well as other praises of teammates about him being their on ice leader. Maybe its a bit of a stretch to jump there, but its certainly not out of the question.

Ah, my bad, I must have missed the Chia comment that he expects a captain to be named for next year. That definitely makes it a lot more likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad