Garbage Bag Day | Player Exit Interviews

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'll be updating this first post with quotes as they come available over the next couple hours.

Full audio of the interviews will likely be available on the Oilers website later today.

Matty Hendricks

Jordan Eberle

Nail Yakupov

Taylor Hall

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Cam Talbot

Connor McDavid

Last edited:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Garbage bag day? What garbage bag day? We're already in Vegas.

signed- "The Core"

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Are you taking two weeks off work for it? ;)

ps Your brother having a baby would actually be noteworthy. At least medically interesting..
Heh touché. I was subtly trying to indicate that the two events are linked. :)

It's good to see Maroon going to the Worlds. Man could he be an impact player if he gets into better shape. I'm really intrigued to hear what Chiarelli has to say. I'm praying he doesn't say anything along the lines of "I really wanted to see this group stay healthy and play a few games together" because that's the obvious cop-out.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Classy Yak.

Does he really need to retweet stuff enforcing he's not coming back?

I personally think the first comment is what he was trying to bring forward with the retweet, but honestly, this kid needs some lessons about how to handle himself in interviews and social media :)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Don't like Nuge playing with his hand not being 100%.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I personally think the first comment is what he was trying to bring forward with the retweet, but honestly, this kid needs some lessons about how to handle himself in interviews and social media :)

I half-way agree.

I think it's an unneeded shot, and a show of respect to the city.

But like you said, time to handle yourself better.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I don't really care about Yakupov anymore. He'll get traded, look the same, blame someone else and head to the KHL to make his money.

I'm sure we'll get to see a hundred posts of why Eberle, RNH or whoever else isn't as good as Yakupov years after the trade based on hand-picked stats. :shakehead

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Don't like Nuge playing with his hand not being 100%.
On the other hand, a strong tournament might reestablish some trade value for him. Currently, I don't think RNH has nearly the value that some people seem to believe. I still see a great hockey player in him but he certainly hasn't shown it to this point in his career.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'm pretty sure Ebs thinks he's just fine the way he is, and it's the team that needs to catch up to him. He's got over 400 games under his belt now and I haven't seen any evolution in his game over the last 3-4 years. 2 more years until we have to worry about what to do before he becomes UFA. I really don't see the point of keeping him much longer, there is no way he can be part of the long term here with McDavid and Drai's contracts coming up and our need to reallocate money to building a good D group.

Last edited by a moderator:

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Wow. Hall played 82 games.

In the last 4 season he's only played 15 games fewer than Seguin has.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He already got exposure to playing with the best players in the WC last year and won gold and it didn't do much to improve his NHL performance. He has some family obligations that are conflicting with the Worlds schedule this season so he's not attending. I honestly don't see the problem here.

FTR, I think he has been awful this season and want him dealt for a Dman or even in a package of lesser role players just because I think both he and the team need a fresh start but I don't see any issue with him skipping the Worlds to be with family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm pretty sure Ebs thinks he's just fine the way he is, and it's the team that needs to catch up to him. He's got over 400 games under his belt now and I haven't seen any evolution in his game over the last 3-4 years. 2 more years until we have to worry about what to do before he becomes UFA. I really don't see the point of keeping him much longer, there is no way he can be part of the long term here with McDavid and Drai's contracts coming up and our need to reallocate money to building a good D group.

Yep.

That's indelibly clear in this. The player would rather not play in the top level of hockey left this spring to play in and with the best possible players he could be playing with/against.

More important things to do.

Oh well. Hope the org takes notice that Eberle is peach pleased with his season.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
He already got exposure to playing with the best players in the WC last year and won gold. He has some family obligations that are conflicting with the Worlds schedule this season so he's not attending. I honestly don't see the problem here.

FTR, I think he has been awful this season and want him dealt for a Dman or even in a package of lesser role players just because I think both he and the team need a fresh start but I don't see any issue with him skipping the Worlds to be with family.

Knowing the Oilers luck, Eberle would probably have blown out a knee at the WC's, thus not being traded in the offseason

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Alright lets just stop with Eberle not going to the Worlds uhh... "talk".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad