Garbage Bag Day | Player Exit Interviews

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Chia up in 10 minutes.

Can they get MacT to do it instead? I'm really impatient. I want to hear a list of all the players we don't like any more and want to trade, and a list of the type of players we desperately need and maybe even some specific names.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Hall is back. And wearing an A. He clearly isn't a guy that can brush off losing easily. In that way I think he and McDavid (slam dunk captain next year) are similar.

Yak I think is gone, but he helped his trade value with his last ten games. Eberle I think is gone too.

Depending on the returns I can see all three of Yak, Ebs, and Nuge out the door. Don't necessarily agree on RNH, but of those three he's got the best shot of returning a top pairing defenceman.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Edmonton OilersVerified account
‏@EdmontonOilers
"It eats me alive. If it doesn't, you shouldn't be here. I'm someone who doesn't handle losing very well." @cmcdavid97 on #Oilers season

I dont think the captaincy and stuff matters much but how can you not just give him the C for next season?

Wow. That response is strikingly different from what you usually hear from the other guys on the team. That's the attitude you love to see in a player. Funny how an 18 year old kid shows the most leadership and passion out of anyone on this team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hall had a quote that was pretty clearly borne of frustration: 'the stink is still there from the season. Right now, it's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not gonna lie'.

Followed that up by saying 'The message (on wanting to be an Oiler) is still the same. I'd love to be here. It's home for me now. '

For the love of God. Get that man some defence.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall had a quote that was pretty clearly borne of frustration: 'the stink is still there from the season. Right now, it's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not gonna lie'.

Followed that up by saying 'The message (on wanting to be an Oiler) is still the same. I'd love to be here. It's home for me now. '

Feel bad for Hallsy. Six years of poor management.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
I think Hall is back. And wearing an A. He clearly isn't a guy that can brush off losing easily. In that way I think he and McDavid (slam dunk captain next year) are similar.

Yak I think is gone, but he helped his trade value with his last ten games. Eberle I think is gone too.

Depending on the returns I can see all three of Yak, Ebs, and Nuge out the door. Don't necessarily agree on RNH, but of those three he's got the best shot of returning a top pairing defenceman.

The team should build around Hall and McD. Drai and Nurse should be developed properly with managed time on ice and linemates because they are too young to make a call. The rest are complementary players.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

This team would be so, so much better if we had defensemen that could actually spring quick breakouts.

The Joker*

"No one's untouchable, except a couple guys."

Laughs ensue from everyone, including Chia.

The Joker*

"I'm reasonably confident that I'll be able to address it in a meaningful way."

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Yeah definitely doesn't sound like Chia is looking to deal the pick. One of the core players is most likely gone.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
No surprise that Chiarelli is still putting a priority on size this off-season.

Likes Kassian. Sounds like he'll be back despite expecting higher production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad