Garbage Bag Day | Player Exit Interviews

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Edmonton OilersVerified account
‏@EdmontonOilers
"It eats me alive. If it doesn't, you shouldn't be here. I'm someone who doesn't handle losing very well." @cmcdavid97 on #Oilers season

I dont think the captaincy and stuff matters much but how can you not just give him the C for next season?

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Man these interviews are depressing. I almost want to trade Hall for the sake of his sanity. Its hard to develop your own players when this team just breaks their spirit before they hit their prime.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
‏@EdmontonOilers
"It eats me alive. If it doesn't, you shouldn't be here. I'm someone who doesn't handle losing very well." @cmcdavid97 on #Oilers season

I dont think the captaincy and stuff matters much but how can you not just give him the C for next season?

kudos, slow handclap, :yo::handclap:

Somebody with the right attitude.

Most of the rest singing "sunshine, lollipops and..."

The "If it doesn't, you shouldn't be here"

McDavid is uber wise and not one to mix words or say something carelessly. Theres some intent with that statement. Big intent.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Man these interviews are depressing. I almost want to trade Hall for the sake of his sanity. Its hard to develop your own players when this team just breaks their spirit before they hit their prime.
Hall played like there was light at the end of the tunnel for the first half of the season. Then other players getting injured or having performance drop-offs saw the tunnel cave in.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There's nothing there you can make much conclusions about. Just a lot of platitudes and whatever

I don't really care who goes to the worlds either.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
On the other hand, a strong tournament might reestablish some trade value for him. Currently, I don't think RNH has nearly the value that some people seem to believe. I still see a great hockey player in him but he certainly hasn't shown it to this point in his career.

To finish the season or in the World Championships?

To finish the season. It's a case of the degree of severity, but I don't like the idea that he came back to play in a meaningless season if it hurt the progress or recovery of his knuckle. I get it RNH was motivated to return (left off the World Cup team, team and himself not having a strong season), but I'd just rather he was at a point where this knuckle injury is behind him rather than an issue later.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
‏@EdmontonOilers

Give that man a C.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Maroon going to worlds.

"Great opportunity for me, really excited and looking forward to it"

Heres a guy that was among the best players here in his stint here and that has played WAY more hockey than anybody here and is probably tired and he's thrilled to be going. Great attitude Maroon.

Maroon on Oilers culture: "Different obviously, its a younger team, not a vet team, and there needs to be improvement on ice off ice"

Interesting that he mentioned off ice. That was volunteered.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
To finish the season. It's a case of the degree of severity, but I don't like the idea that he came back to play in a meaningless season if it hurt the progress or recovery of his knuckle. I get it RNH was motivated to return (left off the World Cup team, team and himself not having a strong season), but I'd just rather he was at a point where this knuckle injury is behind him rather than an issue later.

I hear you, but I think there are injuries you play through in the regular season that you don't play through in the World Championships.

Maybe he re-aggravated it when he came back?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I just get the feeling from that Hall presser and some of his recent pre/post game interviews that he would be fine with being traded

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I just get the feeling from that Hall presser and some of his recent pre/post game interviews that he would be fine with being traded

Seems a little sad, but solid and well thought out presser. Hall has grown up right in front of us and he's a man now.

He's just being realistic. He said everything as well as anybody could.

He's been a trooper, never complaining, and the most likely player to show up every game other than McDavid.

I hope he's still here. Would be a big loss not to have him.

But with maturity and experience he probably realizes it would be easier to have team success elsewhere.

What I liked though is he wasn't interested in any excuses. "Every team has injuries".

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
kudos, slow handclap, :yo::handclap:

Somebody with the right attitude.

Most of the rest singing "sunshine, lollipops and..."

The "If it doesn't, you shouldn't be here"

McDavid is uber wise and not one to mix words or say something carelessly. Theres some intent with that statement. Big intent.

Just give him a couple years and he'll be talking like Eberle, weddings and soup opera.

This organization will work hard to make it happen:
madmag.jpg

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Seems a little sad, but solid and well thought out presser. Hall has grown up right in front of us and he's a man now.

He's been a trooper, never complaining, and the most likely player to show up every game other than McDavid.

But with maturity and experience he probably realizes it would be easier to have team success elsewhere.

What I liked though is he wasn't interested in any excuses. "Every team has injuries".

The return better be a top pairing Dman.

Watching that interview, I just wonder if trading them all would be best IF chia could somehow find good hockey trades.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

I always wonder how people can question his character. The guy hasn't given up on this failure of a franchise yet, not every player has that kind of patience. It would be so easy for him to ask for a trade and have a fresh start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad