Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Started playing Phantsy Star IV on my phone, didn't have a Genesis growing up and I always wanted to play it. Seems good so far though I need to look up what all the spells/techs do as the game doesn't tell you. My only exposure to the PS universe was the online game on the Dreamcast

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Getting back into Slay the Spire a bit. Such a deep, but easily understood game. I like it quite a lot.

Also playing PUBG occasionally.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Weird, the combat was one of the best parts for sure.

SDV is an amazing game. One of my favourites this gen. I have like 150 hours in it, and counting.

Pretty much just playing AC: Odyssey a bit, been a slow grind but it's a good game. Some Borderlands 2 and Sea of Thieves a little bit also.
A bit late responding to this, but its not that the combat is bad, but just not for me. Too fast paced and reactive for my liking. I feel like I spend every fight with bigger machines rolling every 3 seconds trying to weave in arrows or traps any chance I get and praying I don't roll into bad terrain. Maybe I'm just bad at the game still. I know a lot of people love it, but it doesn't cater to my tastes as much. I'll play through, because I'm interested in the story though.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
It helps to learn where the robots weak points are and hit it till the meter fills up and they blow up all nice and pretty.

The story really picks up in the second half as it gets away from the tribe issues onto a bigger issue

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
i don't know whats wrong with me but i have 3 games on the go...rdr2, metro exodus and far cry new dawn...i used to only play 1 game at a time...i would invest completely, now as soon as i get a little bit bored/frustrated i switch...not sure if i've evolved and this is normal for gamers or i'm getting too picky/critical...i'm still enjoying the experiences but in a different way...i just haven't been "hooked"..honestly the last game I couldn't put down was dying light...are there too many good games or not enough??

You are getting older is what is likely happening :laugh:

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Started playing Phantsy Star IV on my phone, didn't have a Genesis growing up and I always wanted to play it. Seems good so far though I need to look up what all the spells/techs do as the game doesn't tell you. My only exposure to the PS universe was the online game on the Dreamcast

From someone who doesn't play too many RPG's PS IV is really good. Wish Sega would reboot that series proper. Anyway along with the tech's you can also combine techs for some ridiculous attacks.

Been playing Katana Zero.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
AC Origins

I LOVED Odyssey quite abit (new to the AC franchise) so decided to pick up its cousin the in the reformed AC style.

Its considerably different then Odyssey in terms of the skill tree. Moreso then I had though it would. I dont like Beyek as much as Kassandra, however hes a lot better character then Alexios. Im about 10-12 hours, it doesnt feel like archery plays as big a role, nor have I encountered nearly as many massive forts to conquer at this point. I would have preferred if you were given the choice of playing the entire game as Aya or Beyek, similar to the choice between Kassandra and Alexios in Odyssey.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I'm debating detween Origins and Borderlands 2 as my next game. Haven't played an AC game since 3 and I played maybe 5 hours of BL1.

How is the ancient Egypt setting in Origins? It's one of the reasons why I went for it instead of Odyssey, with it being 20 dollars cheaper as another lol

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Anyone play Warframe? I tried it many years ago and didn't like it much, but I was playing Destiny then so that might've affected my opinion. Well, I decided to give it another shot since I haven't Destiny 2 in months and I needed something new to play on my Switch...and it's pretty badass. Moves really smooth and fluid, being a sneaky ninja is great fun. I have a sword, throwing knives, and a bow...i might change out the knives for a gun but I don't know what type yet. Anyway, impressive game and it's free

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Anyone play Warframe? I tried it many years ago and didn't like it much, but I was playing Destiny then so that might've affected my opinion. Well, I decided to give it another shot since I haven't Destiny 2 in months and I needed something new to play on my Switch...and it's pretty badass. Moves really smooth and fluid, being a sneaky ninja is great fun. I have a sword, throwing knives, and a bow...i might change out the knives for a gun but I don't know what type yet. Anyway, impressive game and it's free

I have about 600 hours or so. ive been taking a break lately but ill surely jump back in again soon

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sitting at about 500 hours. Haven't played in a long while though. So much great stuff to do in that game, though eventually it did get repetitive to me. I'm sure I'll hop back on eventually.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
For some reason Warframe didn't click with me.

Part of the problem might have been that I loaded into a mission with some randoms who immediately took off and completed the objectives while I was still trying to figure out what was going on....

....noob syndrome?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Anyone playing Imperator: Rome? I'm about to have a few weeks off as I move cities, so I'm wondering if I should pick it up.

Sep 19, 2008
Very excited to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PC tomorrow. Pre-ordered it around Monday or tuesday and it will unlock 5/9/19

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Very excited to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PC tomorrow. Pre-ordered it around Monday or tuesday and it will unlock 5/9/19

I still need to finish Yakuza 0. I bought it when it launched but havent got round to it yet. likely will buy the two Kiwami's too

Reactions: Roman Fell

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
A bit late responding to this, but its not that the combat is bad, but just not for me. Too fast paced and reactive for my liking. I feel like I spend every fight with bigger machines rolling every 3 seconds trying to weave in arrows or traps any chance I get and praying I don't roll into bad terrain. Maybe I'm just bad at the game still. I know a lot of people love it, but it doesn't cater to my tastes as much. I'll play through, because I'm interested in the story though.
There's a slowdown time skill you can get which is really good. Also make sure you're going for the weak spots; you have a lot of different weapons to use to get the job done. The rope caster is really good for the bigger robots, it hold them down for a bit allowing you time to do something else. The one arrow which gets rid of parts covering their weak spots is really good to start a fight out with. Also have one of your weapons the elemental bow; freezing an enemy for example is really good.

Sep 19, 2008
I still need to finish Yakuza 0. I bought it when it launched but havent got round to it yet. likely will buy the two Kiwami's too

If you want to go through all the quests it'll take time but if you just raise money and upgrade your character you should be able to finish it rather quickly. 0 is one of the best games i've played, followed closely by Kiwami 1.

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
I play APEX Legends, love this game. Want to improve my skills and take part in pro tournaments on apex esport platform in the near future. There I can find all info about best teams and pick up new players. It's gonna be awesome.

Last edited:

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Finally got around to playing Inside. IGNs "best xbox one" list reminded me I wanted to give it a go. I can't believe how overrated that game is. I mean, it was enjoyable, but ratings of 10/10 and reviewers calling it a masterpiece is crazy imo.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
None. Still on shock deprivations bcs of all the renovations that have made a mess of my surroundings all year. Did dload warships for ps4 tho to be ready if I get a chance.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I started Creed Rise to Glory for PSVR this weekend. No, it’s not realistic and the tracking can be a little iffy if I get carried away with quick jabs but it’s still a fun work out and has actually made me break a sweat on multiple occasions. I’d strongly suggest it to any VR enthusiast whether you’re a Rocky fan, boxing fan or even neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad