Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
God of War, top 3 PS4 game, easily
I feel like I'm the only one that didn't like God of War, the story seemed super interesting but the combat felt so bland/boring to me that I put it down after 2 hours and returned it. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime down the line when its like $20, set the difficulty to absolute easiest, and go through just for the story/visuals.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I feel like I'm the only one that didn't like God of War, the story seemed super interesting but the combat felt so bland/boring to me that I put it down after 2 hours and returned it. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime down the line when its like $20, set the difficulty to absolute easiest, and go through just for the story/visuals.

The moves are limited in the beginning but the combat skills you buy with xp open it up later on, plus the variety of enemies and the ways needed to take them down varies and keeps the fighting fresh.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

Also, I too quit playing around the two hour mark and I left it alone for a few months, tried it again and once you get to the Lake of Nine the world opens up and it's a blast from there

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Cookie Clicker. I'm currently making 3.175 million cookies per second, and saving up for a portal to the cookieverse.

Send help.
The hard drive on my PC failed last August and I lost about four years' worth of progress

I'm currently making 116 billion per second and have 132 sugar lumps and this is the first I've opened it in months. I just don't care enough to get to the point I was at before again.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The hard drive on my PC failed last August and I lost about four years' worth of progress

I'm currently making 116 billion per second and have 132 sugar lumps and this is the first I've opened it in months. I just don't care enough to get to the point I was at before again.
:laugh:

Up to 2.59 billion per second. I now have 17 portals to the cookieverse, 4 time machines, and an exasperated wife.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Switch: FFX/X2, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Steamworld Quest

PC: Vampyr, Citizens of Earth, Sekiro, Assassins Creed: Odyssey and Mafia III

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Devil May Cry 5 - Awesome action game. Really enjoying it despite not at all understanding what is happening.

Borderlands 2 (co-op) - First time playing again since the early days, where I didn't enjoy it all that much. Really enjoying it now that I've made a few tweaks to minimize motion sickness. Still holds up pretty darn well.

One Finger Death Punch 2 - Fun little game, if you want to feel like a badass with just the mouse.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I left the brutal world of Kenshi and returned to Path of Exile after a long hiatus. Still fun and its so well made for being f2p.
I think I played it for 16h last week which is the most I have played a game in a week for a long time.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Played through the entirety of Katana Zero last night. Short game for ~$15, but totally worth it IMO.

Bizarre but interesting story, fantastic game play.

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
I started playing War Thunder again. Like clockwork every few months I will watch some WWII movie/documentary and want to play some planes and tanks and fire up War Thunder until I get pissed off at the ridiculous grind and stop playing.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Started Vampyr. Lots of dialogue and seems like a bit of a slow paced game but I am thoroughly enjoying it thus far, and am only in Chapter 2. I am impressed with the world they created and all of the character back stories and whatnot. I am definitely invested.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Finally getting around to Horizon: Zero Dawn. Beautiful game, not entirely sure I'm sold on the combat yet but I'm pretty early in.

After that, I plan on doing another playthrough of the Witcher 3 and finally getting around to the Blood and Wine expansion.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'm playing all the awesome, AAA action shooter and sports games I can get my hands on! Like a man!

....okay, fine, I'm actually hooked on Stardew Valley again....

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
sitting here waiting for the Sea of Thieves servers to go back up for the Anniversary Update. my crew got back into it this week after seeing all the stuff theyre adding and its been a blast. you can really make your own fun in that game alot of the time

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Finally getting around to Horizon: Zero Dawn. Beautiful game, not entirely sure I'm sold on the combat yet but I'm pretty early in.

After that, I plan on doing another playthrough of the Witcher 3 and finally getting around to the Blood and Wine expansion.
Weird, the combat was one of the best parts for sure.
I'm playing all the awesome, AAA action shooter and sports games I can get my hands on! Like a man!

....okay, fine, I'm actually hooked on Stardew Valley again....

SDV is an amazing game. One of my favourites this gen. I have like 150 hours in it, and counting.

Pretty much just playing AC: Odyssey a bit, been a slow grind but it's a good game. Some Borderlands 2 and Sea of Thieves a little bit also.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The combat in Horizon is similar to that in God of War in which in the beginning you're learning the controls and what works against what enemies, then they give you a whole set of new moves to use throughout the game and since you got the basics down, it's extremely fun.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
SDV is an amazing game. One of my favourites this gen. I have like 150 hours in it, and counting.

Pretty much just playing AC: Odyssey a bit, been a slow grind but it's a good game. Some Borderlands 2 and Sea of Thieves a little bit also.

I love it. Such a fantastically simple game. To me, it's the video game version of comfort food.

Borderlands 2 is fun to go back to.

I really want to boot up Sea of Thieves again. It was such a barebones game but was fun in a ridiculous way.

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
i don't know whats wrong with me but i have 3 games on the go...rdr2, metro exodus and far cry new dawn...i used to only play 1 game at a time...i would invest completely, now as soon as i get a little bit bored/frustrated i switch...not sure if i've evolved and this is normal for gamers or i'm getting too picky/critical...i'm still enjoying the experiences but in a different way...i just haven't been "hooked"..honestly the last game I couldn't put down was dying light...are there too many good games or not enough??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad