Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I started playing Dex today. I bought it in the summer 2017 sale after hearing people talk highly about it on Reddit and it was only $4. I can't believe I waited this long to play it. I'm having an absolute blast. It's basically a 2D Deus Ex. The side stuff is a ton of fun, exploring is fun, the story is awesome so far. The combat is my only complaint, not that it's bad, it's just rather plain. I played for 10 hours today... I don't remember the last time I played one single game for 10 hours in a single day.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Red Dead Redemption II
MapleStory 2
Heroes of the Storm

These will be my go-to for the next while.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Got some $2 used PS3 games from EB from their used sale. Can't wait to dig into Killzone 3 cos I really liked 2, and Sleeping Dogs cos it seems like a good open world game.

Killzone 3
Sleeping Dogs
Max Payne 3
Resistance 3
Starhawk

Also ordered Injustice and UFC 2010, need to start playing some fighting games.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I can't imagine myself playing anything other than Red Dead Redemption 2 for quite some time.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I can't imagine myself playing anything other than Red Dead Redemption 2 for quite some time.
I can't imagine playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for quite some time... because I'm a PC gamer. I'm just starting on Grand Theft Auto IV. I seem to not play Rockstar games until they're 10 years old. Maybe, in 10 years, RDR2 will finally be out on PC... maybe.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sleeping Dogs is great, one of the few open world games I enjoyed and worth it to hunt down the collectables

That's funny, I put in over 20 hours and I just couldn't get into it.

I couldn't really get a good feel for the hand to hand combat maybe.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
That's funny, I put in over 20 hours and I just couldn't get into it.

I couldn't really get a good feel for the hand to hand combat maybe.

For me it was the driving mechanics. Any time you had to use a vehicle, I found it inconvenient.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
ME Andromeda is still pretty enjoyable. I wish I could save during priority missions, and the nomad was faster, but nothing too major. I think there might even be a mod for a faster nomad I may install.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Sleeping Dogs was one of my favorite open world games, everything felt really good in it. I especially loved the story and thought it was one of the best for any open world game and agreed, it was one of the very, very few games I went for all the collectables on because it was fun.

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 a lot in the past week. I loved the 1st one, never played the second because I didn't own a PSP and the 3rd never came to America. It's a ton of fun but it didn't seem to do much since the first one. Gameplay and graphics are about the same (anime aesthetic) and they only added an APC and one new class in all this time. If you enjoyed the first and want more, go for it. But there's not much reason to pay full price for this one and skip the original at a significantly lower price. I bet you can play them back to back and not believe that they came out 10 years apart. 4 seriously feels like an expansion pack, never mind a 3rd sequel...

That being said, it's still a very unique style game and it's a ton of fun so I'm still glad I got it and I'll play a ton of it. :laugh:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I sort of dismiss the driving portions in open world games, they are all varying levels of bad...of course, I haven't played a ton of the genre, maybe 8 or 9 if you count the GTAs, so there could be one with good drivibg mechanics that I don't know about

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
PC: Dragon Quest XI and House Flipper mostly. Some Vampyr sprinkled in.

X1: RDR2. Picked up FC5 from a Redbox sale and highly considering picking up SotTR and AC:O from the Newegg sale. I need to stop. I don't have time for one open world much less 3-4.

Switch: Starlink: Battle for Atlas, I Am Setsuna.

Haven't turned on my PS4 in months.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I got sucked into Forza Horizon 4 in a big way. installed it because I have Game Pass and expected to play it for a week or two and get bored but its all I want to play right now

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Just got Dynasty Warriors 7 and Blazblue Continuum Shift.

Also, just discovered that my library has a lot of PS3 games available nowadays that are above $8 on eBay, it's about to go down :hit:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I popped in Far Cry 5 just to check it out and I really like it. It's kept me from turning on RDR2 over the last couple of days

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Red Dead Redemption 2

Gets an unreal 11/10 for the honeymoon period

Drops to a 7/10 after

I'm really surprised to say I found both God of War and Spider-Man more fun. Especially after I had to stick with GoW for a bit before I "got" the combat.

Mucho love for Sleeping Dogs, that game was a BLAST. One of the few open world games I actually finished twice. Breaking enemies' legs is just so damn satisfying :laugh:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Playing the Sly Cooper PS3 collection, mainly Sly 2 because it's a loan and each game is fairly long so I'm only gonna do one.

Don't really like it. I like how the raccoon moves and stuff but I don't like platforming. I don't like figuring out how to get from point A to B, it's stressful rather than stress-relieving. It's like doing a badly made puzzle. There is some decent combat and whatnot but it's really really simplistic and childish and not enough to keep me busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad