Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
*puts on flame shield gear*

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Edit: Also, Tekken 7, but I don't play it nearly as much as the former.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Playing This is the Police II and Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story on Switch.

Revisiting Alan Wake and playing some ESO on PC.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I'm very curious to hear how you feel about it. Like you, I don't play many racing games, but I've been hankering for one for a while & this one caught my eye; I'm just not ready to pull the trigger yet.
Well I finally got some time into the game and I like it quite a bit. I love all of the different cars you can collect and really like the difficulty modifiers. Every race you get to set your own difficulty and there are tons of different adjustments you can make to make the game as difficult or easy as you would like. I appreciate that because I'm not any good at racing games, so I can tailor the perfect challenge for me without getting frustrated. I definitely have not been disappointed yet.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Well I finally got some time into the game and I like it quite a bit. I love all of the different cars you can collect and really like the difficulty modifiers. Every race you get to set your own difficulty and there are tons of different adjustments you can make to make the game as difficult or easy as you would like. I appreciate that because I'm not any good at racing games, so I can tailor the perfect challenge for me without getting frustrated. I definitely have not been disappointed yet.
Awesome, thanks. Going to grab it tomorrow & enjoy it on my day off.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Awesome, thanks. Going to grab it tomorrow & enjoy it on my day off.
I played it even more today and it’s awesome. Unlocking cars is fast enough so as not to get frustrating, but not so fast that it gets old. Still loving the difficulty modifiers and all the various races and activities.

The game has crashed on me a few times and I’m not sure what to make of some of the microtransactions but other than that I love it. I’m still not super deep into it but I look forward to the next time I get to play.

Reactions: Bocephus86

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Anyone messing with Assassins Creed Odyssey? I see it has gotten outstanding scores across the board, but Im not ready to fork over €100, when I have Red Dead coming in a couple of weeks. I will be picking it up eventually, since I am Greek, but Im going to wait until there is a sale going on.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So trying to get my backlog cleaned up for SSBU... I've been playing all the Megaman games as part of the Legacy collections. I need to go back and beat 7-10, but I've beaten 1-6, and X1-5, working on X6 currently... That game is a kick square in the nuts.

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
still taking my time with shadow of the tomb raider but picked up doom bfg edition cheap so having a blast and enjoy seeing the evolution of doom...

edited to add that i found doom 1 and 2 way more challenging than 3 lol..i didn't start gaming hard until 5 years ago so maybe im just used to the modern gameplay/controls

Last edited:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Just bought DMC Collection for PS3. Hack & Slash games are what I always equated console gaming with since I only played sports games with bad graphics on the PC growing up but the only PS3 ones I have atm are GOW 3 and Metal Gear Rising so this will be a nice addition hopefully.

The PS3 actually has far too many shooters and JRPGs in comparison to hack & slash stuff.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
There aren't many of them, I still need to play the older Devil May Cry games, I only played the newest one. I've also played Metal Gear Rising (which is my favorite of all the spectacle fighters I've played) and Transformers: Devastation.

I actually came on here to say I started playing Bayonetta for the first time. I'm loving it so far. Platinum makes the best spectacle fighters, I just need to play all of them. On top of it, the genre is so thin, I'm always excited to hear about a new one coming out. I'll definitely be picking up Bayonetta 3 and the new Devil May Cry games once they come out unless there's some huge issues with them.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Football Manager 2018.

Before that, more than 100 seasons in Eastside Hockey Manager.

And here and there World of Tanks.

Tried it wit Mass Effect Andromeda, but with such limited time i have for games, it is un-enjoyable.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
finally getting round to playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. its really good so far. will also be starting Forza 4 when my new controller arrives tomorrow

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I tried Madden 19 PC out, and woof. I haven't played a sports game in a while, I forgot how far behind basically every other type of game they are gameplay wise.

ME Andromeda is really enjoyable so far. If I had to bet, I'll probably have a similar experience that I had with ME3: play it after they've released stuff to fix the biggest complaints, have very low expectations of the plot, and overall be pleasantly surprised.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I tried Madden 19 PC out, and woof. I haven't played a sports game in a while, I forgot how far behind basically every other type of game they are gameplay wise.
I can't blame them. People keep buying the games every year just to get roster updates. Why bother making any effort to make things better when not only will people keep paying for the game, but when you paid for exclusive rights to not even allow competition.

My main problem with sports games is there's pretty much that one play that always seems to work. NHL has that play that you score on like 80% of the time. Madden has that one passing play that can never be defended and guarantee you yards. I admittedly never played many baseball or basketball games but I suspect there's something similar in those as well.

I just wish more people would make spin off style sports games. The NFL Blitz or NHL Hitz games were great. NBA Street was a ton of fun too. Somebody needs to make arcade-y sports games again. I don't even care if you don't use real rosters, I just want fun gameplay. Make teams up and make up fun names for players. Someone made Mutant League Football earlier this year or maybe last year and the teams were spin offs of NFL teams with player names similar to the real rosters but fitting more to the theme. I had a lot of fun with it, it was different and fun.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Bunch of Resident Evil games are on sale on PSN for PS3, got Resident Evil 4 HD for $5 with a PSPlus trial giggidy.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I can't blame them. People keep buying the games every year just to get roster updates. Why bother making any effort to make things better when not only will people keep paying for the game, but when you paid for exclusive rights to not even allow competition.

My main problem with sports games is there's pretty much that one play that always seems to work. NHL has that play that you score on like 80% of the time. Madden has that one passing play that can never be defended and guarantee you yards. I admittedly never played many baseball or basketball games but I suspect there's something similar in those as well.

I just wish more people would make spin off style sports games. The NFL Blitz or NHL Hitz games were great. NBA Street was a ton of fun too. Somebody needs to make arcade-y sports games again. I don't even care if you don't use real rosters, I just want fun gameplay. Make teams up and make up fun names for players. Someone made Mutant League Football earlier this year or maybe last year and the teams were spin offs of NFL teams with player names similar to the real rosters but fitting more to the theme. I had a lot of fun with it, it was different and fun.
Agreed all around. I tried the mutant league football demo for a few minutes then got hooked on another game and forgot about it. I'll have to give it another shot. Half of the fun of sports games to me is the franchise mode aspects so hopefully MFL has some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad