Games you are currently playing - Part 7

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I've started playing OOTP Baseball 21. This game is a stat nerd's wet dream. I just love it every year. Their Franchise Hockey Manager is pretty good as well, but not nearly as well developed as OOTP. Perfect team is especially fun. It's their take on the Ultimate Team mode, but you play week-long leagues against other users and it's a ton of fun.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I've kind of hit a rut with games. I was heavy on Modern Warfare, but they took out Shoot the Ship which was honestly the only reason I was playing, so that's slowed down a bit. Been trying to finish off the Platinum on God of War but that's about it.

Ready for RE3 to hit.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I've kind of hit a rut with games. I was heavy on Modern Warfare, but they took out Shoot the Ship which was honestly the only reason I was playing, so that's slowed down a bit. Been trying to finish off the Platinum on God of War but that's about it.

Ready for RE3 to hit.

I was the same way until I actually started playing my Switch instead of letting sit there collecting dust.

So many good games on it.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Was getting burnt out on Zelda so I started Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 yesterday.

So far so good. Tons of characters and abilities to upgrade, infinity trials are awesome and great for grinding.

The camera can sometimes be beyond terrible. I don't like that "tap A" to get a special attack in when your teammate is doing one. It's a great idea, but you never know when you can do it unless you're just staring at your character icons in the corner. They needed to put a prompt over your character when its available. Kinda dumb.

Currently running Wolverine, Venom, Deadpool, and Thor.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I started playing Bridge Constructor Portal to play something that I don't have to focus too much on and I'm having a blast. There's no penalty for using too much money and there's only 2 types of materials which makes it feel fairly casual in comparison to Poly Bridge but adding portals and gel to surfaces makes it equal parts puzzle solving as it is engineering. It's a great blend. I started playing Wednesday night and already have 10 hours in it. :laugh: I might actually just buy the DLC at full price, which is really rare for me, because I only have 5 more levels of 60 to go. The DLC adds another 30 and I don't want it to end.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Started the replaying the Uncharted series with PS4 remakes. Uncharted 1 feels so strange for some reason.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I started the Metro Exodus DLCs the other day. I wasn't impressed with Two Colonels at all. I thought it was really weak and if anyone is on the fence about getting the season pass, I would skip the season pass. I did start Sam's Story and it feels much more like the base game. If you want more Metro Exodus, just go straight for Sam's Story and save your money over the season pass.

That being said, I forgot how beautiful Metro looked. It's still pretty easily the best looking game out there. Even after I just finished Doom Eternal as well as some other recent AAA titles, Metro Exodus' graphical fidelity is so much better than anything else I've played.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Just started a game called Mercenaries Wings. Good turn based game similar to a fire emblem game. Honestly pretty much a knock off fire emblem but I love those games so I’m happy. Not very far into the game but so far so good. Would love there to be more characters but that’s not a big deal.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Got Doom Eternal and best it in 3 days. I liked it more than the 2016 version, they added more to your arsenal of firepower - meat hook is amazing, and new enemies and glory kills were also very good. Lack of ammo is a thing, but you're supposed to use your chainsaw like non stop which drops a lot of ammo, like every place where there's a battle happening there's fuel laying around.

And got Persona 5 Royal, so far so good. Lots of new improvements and additions and I'm still early into it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
While you fancy folks play DOOM Eternal, I'm playing DOOM 64, the 1997 game that was ported and released for PC/XB1/PS4/Switch this month alongside 'Eternal'. This is my first time playing it because I never played on the Nintendo 64. Besides running on modern systems, it's been updated a little to support high resolutions (plus a few graphical enhancements) and, on the PC port that I'm playing, mouse and keyboard. The gameplay is similar to DOOM II, except that the level design is quite a bit more complex and dynamic. For one, walls and other structures can be triggered to move up and down, so you get elevators, ceilings that can crush you and new parts of the map can be opened up. All 32 levels are completely new, so it's not just an N64 version of either of the first two DOOM games. That's the main reason that I'm playing through it. It's like playing a professionally-made mission pack for DOOM II that I've never played before. When it came out, I would've scoffed at it because everything was already quite dated (particularly because Quake came out on PC the year before), but, now, I'm able to enjoy it for the classic DOOM nostalgia. It's only $5 or so and has 32 levels that take about 15 minutes each to beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmalady

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Played a round on The Golf Club 2019 yesterday it looks and plays well enough, it is pretty dry though

Also played a few hours on Train Sim World 2020 as well, both on Xbox Gamepass, the Train Sim was actually pretty fun or at least kind of addicting somehow, I was just trying it basically as a joke and it was a lot better and held my interest a lot more than I expected

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One of my rules for gaming is to only play 1 story based game at a time. However the ongoing apocalypse have found myself with much more time. Finally got around to starting Fire Emblem and have it going alongside the Uncharted Collection. So far Three Houses is really good, I'm not fully sure why it took me so long to get around to this one...

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm really enjoying Dark Souls: Remastered on the Switch. The Switch port isn't great (audio quality is bad...especially when you smash pots or break items; doesn't appear to run at 60 FPS like the other console versions), but it doesn't matter - the original game is a masterpiece so nothing can really detract from that much.

I'm at the end of the Tomb of Giants. Was struggling to beat Gravelord Nito, but just picked up Astora's Straight Sword to hopefully help with the regenerating skeletons. I haven't played a game this rewarding and satisfying in a very long time, maybe Celeste?

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I'm thinking this might be the perfect time to give The Last of Us another try. I bought a used copy like 5 years ago and I've started it around 3 times only to peter out and give up.

But that's exactly what happened to me with Read Dead Redemption for years and when I finally did get some momentum I couldn't stop until it was done.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Monster Sanctuary (PC) - Very interesting Early Access title. Strange Metroidvania/Pokemon hybrid. I really like it.

Bridge Constructor Portal (PC) - Still had some time on my Xbox Game Pass subscription from playing Ori, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. Pretty neat little puzzle game. Recommend from me, even though it's a little jank.

Persona 5 Royal (PS4) - Persona 5 is one of my top games, and this is more of that. I've barely scratched the surface, but it's just an incredible game. Weird as hell, but incredible.

Final Fantasy VII Demo (PS4) - Played through the demo, and it was fantastic. Looking forward to the full release once I blast through the way too many games I've got right now. :laugh:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - I see the appeal, but it's really not resonating with me personally...at least not yet. I can't recommend it at this time.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Don't know if I should get a Gensis Mini console or the Genesis Collection for the Xbox One

The latter is much cheaper but I prefer the forner'S lineup

The Genesis Mini has Thnderforce 3, Megaman, Castlevania, Contra, Ghoul's'Ghost, the Xbox collection doesn't

Also, if you change the Gensis Mini language to settings to Japanese, you get even more games

Neither has Suoer Monca GP and Super Hang On (Winning Run soundtrack FTW)

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So I've put some time into Cloudpunk and.......let's just say the game is gorgeous:

ss_3518c119a27a5c76ace47280a3ab2ba6578e5251.1920x1080.jpg

Sadly, I also find the voice acting off, the dialogue and story uninteresting, and the themes more played out than Maroon 5. I'm all for minimal gameplay should everything align, especially with a world as good to look at/explore as this one, but the other elements detract from the experience.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Been playing a buttload of games because of the lockdown

- FF7 Remake: awesome game. On Chapter 17, kinda don’t want to finish it.

- Fire Emblem Warriors: Good ol hack n slash fun. Like mostly all warriors game’s, you can play this forever.

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Just started it. Haven’t been able to do the purple drift boost yet. The battle mode is atrocious now.

- Mario Party Switch: Only played one match and it was sloooowwwwwww. I don’t remember the old ones being like that.

- The Messenger: Reminds me of shovel knight. I hope there’s more upgrades you can buy because I only played for like an hour or more and I’ve bought almost everything. Games great though.

- Picross S: love the Picross games. So addictive.

Might start Trials of Mana or another Switch game tomorrow.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Epic Games is offering the game For The King for free right now. A few friends and I picked it up to play together online and I gotta say its really, really fun. Turn based RPG with an overworld map that you and up to two friends take turns navigating. If you're looking for something to play online with a few pals over discord this is a good, free pickup that is worth a try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad