Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
XCOM: Chimera Squad (PC) - Really enjoying this one. And cheap! (Sale ends tomorrow)

Overcooked! 2 (PC) - Hilarious co-op game

Also, World of Warcraft again because....I don't know, felt like leveling a Kul Tiran.

Last edited:

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I just finished with the Final Fantasy VII Remake earlier this week and now I’m trying to make my way through Celeste after giving up on a previous play through. It’s a great game, but I’m pretty terrible at it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I watch Lirik a lot on Twitch and he's been playing Minecraft lately. I've been getting the itch. I haven't played Minecraft in like 7 years but I finally downloaded it again. I've been playing with a friend of mine and having a ton of fun. All we're really doing is building a small village but it's so relaxing and fun coming up with a plan for something and building it.

I also bought Filament, a neat yet incredibly challenging puzzle game. I'm having a lot of fun playing that as well. Definitely recommend it if you like puzzle games. You have to run a wire through a room while hitting all the pillars while avoiding hazards. You also can't cross the wire which really makes you have to plan ahead.

XCOM Chimera Squad is also great fun. Trouble is trying to balance all these at the moment. I'm still working through all this so I don't have tons of gaming time.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Going through my backlog of 100+ PS3 games? :thumbd:

Playing PS2 games on an emulator cos I bought a laptop last year with average specs? :thumbu:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
About 55-60% of the way thru Red Dead 2

Been working on Animal Crossing for a week or so

Downloaded Wastelanders and have started to give Fallout 76 a 2nd chance

Yeah even after the update FO76 is still garbage, hopefully this hasn't ruined the series for me as FO3 is an all time top 5 for me and I hold New Vegas and FO4 in pretty high regard also

Gonna play a little bit of Everybody's Golf, as well as Animal Crossing for a little bit, contemplating if I should jump into something new with Last of Us 2 getting so close

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Currently playing Snowrunner. It's both frustrating as hell and yet oddly addictive for me. Twice now I've driven halfway across the map just to roll my truck and have to go back to where I started. It's weird how addictive slogging slowly through mud with a big rig is. Normally I'm used to just driving vehicles like a mad man so it's kind of fun to have to actually take your time and drive carefully.

Reactions: Osprey
Sep 19, 2008
Yakuza 3 from Yakuza Remastered

I've recently discovered the pure joy of Offline Character Mods in GTA V

GTA V is still solid today. After watching someone download and play it on Twitch I was inspired to reinstall. The loading times are still a pain in the ass but the game has good content. Also, for online there are RP servers which I still need to get into but are good in theory.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just fired up Celeste for the first time and my goodness is it an amazing game! I have been wanting some fast-paced fun to mix it up since I'm mainly playing Animal Crossing and LA Noire. Celeste has enough meaning to it to feel invested in Madeline but it makes sure the main focus is the 2d platforming. The controls are tight and it's hard enough to make you really have to think on the fly! Overall just a really fun experience thus far!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Just fired up Celeste for the first time and my goodness is it an amazing game! I have been wanting some fast-paced fun to mix it up since I'm mainly playing Animal Crossing and LA Noire. Celeste has enough meaning to it to feel invested in Madeline but it makes sure the main focus is the 2d platforming. The controls are tight and it's hard enough to make you really have to think on the fly! Overall just a really fun experience thus far!

What console are you playing it on? I might pick it up on the Switch if it goes on sale. Is it much of a remaster (graphics/frame rate/resolution improved), or is it pretty similar to the original? I played the original on PC when it was released but never got around to finishing it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What console are you playing it on? I might pick it up on the Switch if it goes on sale. Is it much of a remaster (graphics/frame rate/resolution improved), or is it pretty similar to the original? I played the original on PC when it was released but never got around to finishing it.

I got it on sale for the PS4. The graphics are definitely better and the original but they are nothing too crazy for this generation. The facial stuff looks great and super odd at the same time, it's kind of hard to explain. Frame rate and resolution wise I have not had any issues per say, but again it;s nothing crazy in terms of improvement.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just bought Far Cry 5 a few days ago. So far, I have been attacked and/or killed by:
  • cultists
  • bears
  • cougars
  • buffalo
  • snakes
  • skunks
  • wolverines
  • wolves
  • cultist wolves
  • cultist planes crashing on my head
  • cultist planes shooting at me
  • cultist planes shooting at me then crashing on my head
  • cultist helicopters
  • random people driving down the street
  • random cultist patrols driving down the street
  • random cultist patrols spawning in the bushes
  • random cultist snipers who spawned five f***ing feet away from me
  • the guy with the rocket launcher who became my party member after we got a truck back for his dad then blew up the truck we were riding in the next mission
  • like f***ing everything.
Okay, I've been playing FPS games since they were invented. I realize my reflexes aren't what they once were, but...holy f***. I haven't played a game this frustrating in a long, long time. It likes to make you think you can stealth objectives...but you can't. Even a single headshot from a silenced rifle suddenly alerts like 10 other bad guys who all know exactly where you are and have unfailing aim. Drive down the street and stop to rescue a captured civilian? Oh, just wait for the five pickup trucks full of reinforcements to show up ten seconds later. Your sniper rifle tickles...their sniper rifles kill you dead and every f***ing NPC can spot you from behind cover from 500 feet away. Got up to the first boss battle...and I had to turn the difficulty down to easy. That's how hard it is.

The only thing that's kept me from putting my fist through the screen is knowing Best Buy isn't open.

Last edited:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Started playing Void Bastards, it's a roguelite FPS where you board abandoned space ships and fight aliens on each one as you scavenge for supplies to continue your journey. It's oddly addicting. I'm not a huge fan of roguelites, only a few seem to ever catch my interest, but this one is really fun so far.

Reactions: Osprey

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
bouncing around a lot right now, trying to not get caught up in anything long with the Last of Us 2 on the horizon

Animal Crossing

Control

Assassin's Creed 4 - picked up where I stopped a few years ago, took a bit to figure the controls out again

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Started playing Void Bastards, it's a roguelite FPS where you board abandoned space ships and fight aliens on each one as you scavenge for supplies to continue your journey. It's oddly addicting. I'm not a huge fan of roguelites, only a few seem to ever catch my interest, but this one is really fun so far.

I just started it. I, too, am not a huge fan of roguelites, but this one is fun so far. I like the limited oxygen, which requires you to not waste much time. Even after acquiring my objective, I'll hang around the ship to loot it as much as I can, sometimes cutting it a little close, like just now, when I made the exit with only 15 seconds left. Speaking of loot, that and the comic book graphical style remind me a lot of Borderlands. It's like a Borderlands roguelite in space. It's on Windows, XB1, PS4 and Switch. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I just started it. I, too, am not a huge fan of roguelites, but this one is fun so far. I like the limited oxygen, which requires you to not waste much time. Even after acquiring my objective, I'll hang around the ship to loot it as much as I can, sometimes cutting it a little close, like just now, when I made the exit with only 15 seconds left. Speaking of loot, that and the comic book graphical style remind me a lot of Borderlands. It's like a Borderlands roguelite in space. It's on Windows, XB1, PS4 and Switch. Thanks for the recommendation.
Yeah, the style is great. My only big complaint about it so far is the UI between levels. I hate how the buttons constantly move. For example, when you're on the construction screen and go to the map, you hit map in the bottom right. To go back, you have to hit the back button in the top left (instead of just having a construction button in the bottom right corner with all the other buttons) and then if you want to see what parts you can create you have to click the parts button in the top right corner. If you're in the star map, you have can't even go to the part construction screen without going to the weapon construction screen first so your mouse goes all over the place. It took me way too long to even set it in my mind where to go, I kept hitting the wrong buttons since the buttons will sometimes just say "Back" instead of "Weapons" or something along those lines.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have always been someone to only play one game at a time, especially when it comes to single-player games. Due to my extra free time throughout the pandemic I have found myself taking on many games at once for the variety.
Currently I have Hollow Knight, Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Borderlands 3, and now Gears 4 all on the go. It's a good mix of genres!

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Trails of Cold Steel (the first one), having a lot of fun with it, classic and fun JRPG where the combat is great. it is long, I'm like seven hours in but barely feel like I've scratched the surface and it is very easy to pick up, stop wherever

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Yeah, the style is great. My only big complaint about it so far is the UI between levels. I hate how the buttons constantly move. For example, when you're on the construction screen and go to the map, you hit map in the bottom right. To go back, you have to hit the back button in the top left (instead of just having a construction button in the bottom right corner with all the other buttons) and then if you want to see what parts you can create you have to click the parts button in the top right corner. If you're in the star map, you have can't even go to the part construction screen without going to the weapon construction screen first so your mouse goes all over the place. It took me way too long to even set it in my mind where to go, I kept hitting the wrong buttons since the buttons will sometimes just say "Back" instead of "Weapons" or something along those lines.

I agree about the buttons being all over the place. A central hub in the lower right corner would be ideal, I think. Since we have to deal with it, though, I've found that the Esc key is a bit helpful to go back.

The game is reminding me of a big reason why I dislike roguelites: going back to the beginning when you die. I don't want to have to keep looking for a line printer! :laugh:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Dead by Daylight (Pyramid Head from Silent Hill was just announced as the new killer. Pretty sick)
Final Fantasy 12
Persona 5 Royal

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I agree about the buttons being all over the place. A central hub in the lower right corner would be ideal, I think. Since we have to deal with it, though, I've found that the Esc key is a bit helpful to go back.

The game is reminding me of a big reason why I dislike roguelites: going back to the beginning when you die. I don't want to have to keep looking for a line printer! :laugh:
You keep all the items you returned to your ship with. One thing I didn't realize early on is that you definitely want to go downward consistently. You can easily blow past the items you need for objectives if you stick to just going mostly to the right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->