Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Finally got around to starting Octopath Traveler. About 10 hours and its way better than I saw most reviews gave it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Started up OOTP Baseball Perfect Team for the first time last night.

This is definitely my kind of game. My only complaint is that you’re not guaranteed coins after each game, just for completing achievements. That can be pretty frustrating to lose a few games in a row, but have no way of improving the team because you don’t get any coins. Still very addicting though. I also wish games started every 15-20 minutes rather than 30, but I just flip to the offline mode while I wait so it’s not too bad.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
After many months of struggling to enjoy playing games for more than a few moments at a time, I finally got the itch/joy back about a week ago. Currently I'm really enjoying a Warhammer Mortal Empires playthrough as the High Elves; I get very annoyed by the Chaos Puppet's unlimited spam playing in my area of the map so I'm doing a normal campaign difficulty with hard battles (and my own guardrails to make the campaign a little harder, like limiting myself to an amount of armies even when I can afford more). Once I am able to make my way over to the real chaos invasion and stop it (to stop the puppet spam), I'll switch back to Hard/Hard.

Next up is to finish RDRII then try Horizon Zero Dawn again. After that, it'll probably be time for cyberpunk at the rate I play games. That or I'll finally give Zelda another shot.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Going way back with Forza Motorsport 4. Visuals still look sharp nine years later, gameplay is obviously great. Don't feel like doing a review for a game that will take so long to beat, all I will say is that it still scratches my car sim itch to this day (despite further iterations and other series coming out since).

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Going through a list of 40 games (more will be added to the list later when I clear some of these out) that I never finished or never started that I own.
I put them all through a randomizer, and Moonlighter came out on top. It's pretty fun overall, but I've had it crash SO many times on me it's unreal.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm currently playing Nier Automata and finding it equal parts addicting and mind-blowingly frustrating. I'm playing towards the C ending and although I feel like I've gotten good at hacking, I just spent basically an hour stuck trying to do a hack only to have a boss beat me and cause a game over. I'm 50/50 on putting it own indefinitely, which seems like a relatively common occurrence for people.

I want to like the game more and I appreciate a challenge, but in the post A/B endings, it feels like the difficulty spike just gets erratic at times.

Reactions: tealhockey

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Finally finished Octopath Traveler. Onto Luigi's Mansion 3.

I'm almost there. Haven't found any of the advanced jobs yet though.

Currently fighting Redeye and he's a pain in the ass. I only have 1 accessory that prevents unconsciousness so I think I need to leave and find 3 more.

One of the best RPGs I've played. Music is amazing, I love that Primrose theme.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm almost there. Haven't found any of the advanced jobs yet though.

Currently fighting Redeye and he's a pain in the ass. I only have 1 accessory that prevents unconsciousness so I think I need to leave and find 3 more.

One of the best RPGs I've played. Music is amazing, I love that Primrose theme.

Some of them are pretty well hidden. Your best bet is to comb the map. The bosses are difficult but there are many strategies you can abuse, especially once you find the hidden classes.

Also, assuming you plan on completing the game, make absolutely sure you're prepared for the final battles. And keep your entire party appropriately leveled. I nearly rage quit but pulled through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kid Icarus

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I'm currently playing Nier Automata and finding it equal parts addicting and mind-blowingly frustrating. I'm playing towards the C ending and although I feel like I've gotten good at hacking, I just spent basically an hour stuck trying to do a hack only to have a boss beat me and cause a game over. I'm 50/50 on putting it own indefinitely, which seems like a relatively common occurrence for people.

I want to like the game more and I appreciate a challenge, but in the post A/B endings, it feels like the difficulty spike just gets erratic at times.
I really loved this game but I totally feel you, I almost just watched it on youtube or something because it was taking so much time that I didn't have. I find that the most frustrating when games make you feel like you've wasted so much time, as if playing games doesn't take an insane amount of time to begin with

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I really loved this game but I totally feel you, I almost just watched it on youtube or something because it was taking so much time that I didn't have. I find that the most frustrating when games make you feel like you've wasted so much time, as if playing games doesn't take an insane amount of time to begin with

Yeah, I decided to just double down and push right back after it yesterday, and was able to surge through the half in maybe half the time as the first time, and then actually beat the boss with relative ease. The downside is that I think I'll be finding myself saving a little more obsessively as I keep moving, but that's not a huge deal. I'm hooked to at least see this C ending through, and as far as I can tell without tapping too much into spoilers, it seems like I will want to keep playing through the D and E endings afterwards, with the remainder of the endings being more collector items...

Reactions: tealhockey

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Recently went on a ROM download craze and buddy of mine told me about a game called Terranigma for the SNeS. Action-RPG game apparently never released in North America.
So much fun so far!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Recently went on a ROM download craze and buddy of mine told me about a game called Terranigma for the SNeS. Action-RPG game apparently never released in North America.
So much fun so far!

I just googled it and it looks intriguing. A lot of similarities to a Link to the Past (dungeons/puzzles, similar textures and music, and even some of the enemy sprites looked nearly identical like those red circle things). A Link to the Past is my GOAT, so I'll definitely need to check this out at some point. Let us know how you enjoy it.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I just googled it and it looks intriguing. A lot of similarities to a Link to the Past (dungeons/puzzles, similar textures and music, and even some of the enemy sprites looked nearly identical like those red circle things). A Link to the Past is my GOAT, so I'll definitely need to check this out at some point. Let us know how you enjoy it.
Do it!
Story so far is pretty cool too

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Finally finished Octopath Traveler. Onto Luigi's Mansion 3.

Did you end up beating the final boss in the post-game dungeon?

I played against him once and got wiped. I just don't think I have the patience to level up all my characters to max/close to max.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Started playing Forager on the Switch the other day. Holy shit it’s addictive.

Literally hours can fly by and you’re just like “I gotta get more stuff, more technology, gotta expand”

lots of fun

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Playing through the Cindered Shadows DLC in Fire Emblem. Fun, but holy heck those battles last forever.

Also back into Frostpunk. The new scenarios are great fun. This game just keeps getting better in my mind.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Currently playing the hell out of Satisfactory. I played it for 4 months when it came out then got super busy at work and finally decided to get back to it when the latest update came out last week. Love games like this, love figuring out how to optimize all the processes. I have a binder full of calculations and designs.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Playing AC Origins.
Had it since release, never touched it. 200+ games on Steam does that, along with having 60-70 installed. I spent more time deciding what to play than actually playing.
So, my hdd crashed and I decided to just keep a maximum of two games installed. It has helped me a lot lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad