Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Pretty pissed off with war gaming right now. Their first ranked season on world of warships console, I got to rank 2. My prize?? 5 free daily crates.

FU wargaming.

Signed,
DeathmasonFU
That's games as a service at it's finest right there. Doing just enough to keep you playing. The game is specifically designed to reward you with garbage to keep you playing.

Which is fine, I play Apex which is the pretty much the same thing. The thing is you have to realize what they're doing, take a step back, and ask if you're having fun. If you are, keep playing and having fun. You're best off just completely ignoring all rewards a game gives you and just stop playing when it's not fun anymore.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
That's games as a service at it's finest right there. Doing just enough to keep you playing. The game is specifically designed to reward you with garbage to keep you playing.

Which is fine, I play Apex which is the pretty much the same thing. The thing is you have to realize what they're doing, take a step back, and ask if you're having fun. If you are, keep playing and having fun. You're best off just completely ignoring all rewards a game gives you and just stop playing when it's not fun anymore.
I hear what you are saying. A free game is a free game. But as a whole Wargaming has been pretty good with rewards. But playing ranked is the only way to get certain tanks/ships and thats what I expected. I wasted more boosters and flags etc that I saved just for this event to get 5 crappy crates.

(For context, starting at rank 10, each rank required two stars. A win got you a star and a loss removed a star. After rank 5 it required 3 stars to advance and after rank 3 it was 4 stars. So it was possible to drop ranks as well. I got to rank 2 and put the remote down thinking I was being smart and guaranteed a big prize...hence my saltiness)

Their black friday deals were amazing and im glad I saved my gold till then

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
thought i would try an assassins creed game and picked up origins...thoroughly enjoying it...has a bit of everything...my fav game is dying light and what made it so fun was the parkour...have played many games where the jump/mantle was so wonky , so climbing everything and running along the rooftops in origins is a treat:)

Reactions: Vikke

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Probably going to continue on with Borderlands 3 this weekend and also download Star Ocean: First Departure R for the Switch. One my favorite game series of all time so I am really excited to play this remaster.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Got into the Nioh DLC and...........it's weird. The main level design is pretty decent and, in many respects, better than the base game, but holy god are the boss fights an absolute garbage dump, either being too boring or unapologetically cheap. Hands of the Dragon has to be among the worst designed boss battles ever made.

Edit: I reviewed the base game a 7 out of 10, and I stand by it. The DLC so far would fetch a 5 at best. Levels and new enemies are mostly fun and a nice reprieve from the base game's repetitiveness. A lot of its extra content is based on fighting bosses, and thus far all have been horrid in design. Base game had some decent fights, including the first couple (which were very difficult but had fun mechanics to learn) and even the Obsidian Samurai, but it never came close to the highs of Bloodborne/Dark Souls/Sekiro while having a ton of duds. DLC so far only has the latter, in droves.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Fallen Order, which I find to be pretty good. Just bought RE2 (the demo sold me) and Days Gone (total impulse buy)...anybody have impressions on the latter?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Started replaying The Witcher 3 on the temptation following the release of the Netflix show. Still my favorite game ever but somehow I had forgotten just how good this game is. Might pick it up for Switch.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Started replaying The Witcher 3 on the temptation following the release of the Netflix show. Still my favorite game ever but somehow I had forgotten just how good this game is. Might pick it up for Switch.

I was actually thinking about picking up a Switch lite and TW3 for downtime at work. I watched quite a few reviews and apparently it does run pretty smooth on the switch, the graphics aren't as great and there is a bit of lag/clipping but overall it seems to run decently.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was actually thinking about picking up a Switch lite and TW3 for downtime at work. I watched quite a few reviews and apparently it does run pretty smooth on the switch, the graphics aren't as great and there is a bit of lag/clipping but overall it seems to run decently.
All I need is to immerse myself in the story and I'm good.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Got it about an hour ago. Definitely choppier and lower graphical fidelity but at the same time way better than I could have expected. Runs better than Skyrim did. This is definitely the game I love.

Now I can actually take time to play Gwent.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Looking for suggestions for a single player game. I’m on break for work for the next couple of weeks and have a lot of time on my hands, I just can’t seem to really get into a game.

My favorite games are Borderlands, Warframe Slay the Spire, Diablo series, and Nioh. I like strategy games and loot based games that can be played solo.

I have a PC, PS4, and Switch. Anything you guys have played recently that’s worth a look?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Looking for suggestions for a single player game. I’m on break for work for the next couple of weeks and have a lot of time on my hands, I just can’t seem to really get into a game.

My favorite games are Borderlands, Warframe Slay the Spire, Diablo series, and Nioh. I like strategy games and loot based games that can be played solo.

I have a PC, PS4, and Switch. Anything you guys have played recently that’s worth a look?
Have you ever tried Path of Exile?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Have you ever tried Path of Exile?
I have and I enjoyed it a bit, but I got so overwhelmed with the skill tree that I kinda gave up on it. I think I might jump back into it and follow a character guide because I've heard you can really f*** up a character if you don't know what you're doing, and I most certainly don't.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I have and I enjoyed it a bit, but I got so overwhelmed with the skill tree that I kinda gave up on it. I think I might jump back into it and follow a character guide because I've heard you can really **** up a character if you don't know what you're doing, and I most certainly don't.
Yeah, it can get a bit overwhelming.
I know its not strategy game or a loot game but I HIGHLY recommend the Resident Evil 2 remake. Any resident evil game tbh. I believe you can get re 4,5,6 as bundle for $23 dollars on PSN right now.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

If you like Nioh, Sekiro is probably on sale right now. Depends what you like Nioh for, though; if the loot is a big draw then you might not like Sekiro as much.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Been playing Max Payne 3 and.....the production value is terrific, the gunplay is flashy, but the experience is so goddamned linear I'm torn on how much I can recommend it to fellow late buyers.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Been playing Kingom under fire 2 along with Path of Exile recently other than me and my friend occasionally getting together for NHL, Madden, or NBA.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I started my RDR2 journey.

I'm probably in a unique situation, having just completed RDR for the first time, but the beginning of RDR2 is a little bit of a slog by comparison. The graphics are amazing, to be sure.

RDR immediately drops you into a bright, colorful world with an eminently compelling protagonist, and the controls are about as intuitive as it gets. RDR2 is a bit murky. But I have no doubt it will pick up.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Started State of Decay 2, story is very thin, even compared to the first one, but I enjoy the scavenging and survival parts so even though it's not terribly exciting it is still kind of addictive

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Outer Worlds on PC.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been a ****ton lately and I have killed myself trying to remember all these controls going back and forth.

- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep - Been playing with my friends whom some of them are off due to winter break.
- Spiderman - The game I am trying to beat the fastest, but I keep doing all the side crap and enjoying the hell out of it.
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Just started and finally got to my third temple. The game is killing me due to the muscle memory that is required for the controls.

After I am done with Spiderman - which I am about 75% - I still have the DLC to play as well, I am going to return to Nier: Automata and finally beat that. I think I am 3/4 into it, but hit a wall since I gotta get my level up in that game before continuing. It's hard to play with all the endings though and sort of killed my interest and why I found myself playing Spiderman.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00