GDT: Games 82 Devils Vs. Capitals 7:00 PM - That's a Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
If we win division how are we playing Florida? Florida is behind Isles - wouldn't they play Boston? What's the seeding now - not 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc.?

View attachment 687437
For us to win division we need to jump over the Canes, Canes play Panthers tonight, So for Canes to lose means Panthers win and then the Panthers jump over Islanders.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Theres really no excuse for Blackwood starting

Sure hope he doesnt lay an egg because idt this team beats NY, sorry to say.

This game may determine if we hit round 2 or not and were starting our third string goalie lol

Reactions: glenwo2

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
For us to win division we need to jump over the Canes, Canes play Panthers tonight, So for Canes to lose means Panthers win and then the Panthers jump over Islanders.
iu

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Theres really no excuse for Blackwood starting

Sure hope he doesnt lay an egg because idt this team beats NY, sorry to say.

This game may determine if we hit round 2 or not and were starting our third string goalie lol
Florida is a tougher match up unless their goaltending completely no shows

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The Panthers arent nearly as good a team as the Rangers

Im all for being willing to verse anyone but theres certainly a difference in opponent after tonights outcome
Nah, the Panthers are probably just as good as the Rangers. Certainly better at 5 on 5 and if they can get respectable goaltending (big if — that we share). The Rangers are a tough out with their PP and if Igor is at his best. If they don’t get elite Igor, they aren’t very scary (and he hasn’t been as good as last season).

Reactions: Bleedred

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Nah, the Panthers are probably just as good as the Rangers. Certainly better at 5 on 5 and if they can get respectable goaltending (big if — that we share). The Rangers are a tough out with their PP and if Igor is at his best. If they don’t get elite Igor, they aren’t very scary (and he hasn’t been as good as last season).
Id have agreed with you last year on the 5v5 but Kane Tarasenko leaving the kids line in tact is an issue IMO, that depth beats out Florida's

PP is tough cause im not super confident in our PK; though the Rags only go for one-timers their PPstyle is super bland

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So we should sit guys tonight than? Try to lose?
Are we really sitting anybody? Or do we know if we're sitting anybody? Or are you just talking about Vanecek sitting for Blackwood?

Well, I really don't wanna get into that right now again, but this staff and organization might actually think more of Blackwood than we do and much more than they should. I'm sure they know Vitek is better by now, but we'll really know where the organization stands on Blackwood this summer, if they give him the Miles Wood treatment and give him his qualifying offer (or anything close to it like they did to Miles Wood) or not. That cringy quote from today adding his name after Bratt, Hischier and Hughes was kind of scary.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Are we really sitting anybody? Or do we know if we're sitting anybody? Or are you just talking about Vanecek sitting for Blackwood?

Well, I really don't wanna get into that right now again, but this staff and organization might actually think more of Blackwood than we do and much more than they should. I'm sure they know Vitek is better by now, but we'll really know where the organization stands on Blackwood this summer, if they give him the Miles Wood treatment and give him his qualifying offer (or anything close to it like they did to Miles Wood) or not. That cringy quote from today adding his name after Bratt, Hischier and Hughes was kind of scary.
I edited that post but i was simply saying how absurd it is, division on the line, to start Blackwood tonight

If they actually cared Vitek starts; hed still have four days rest afterwards.

But idt they do care which comes off as really odd, that theyd rather inflate the ego of a guy whos good as gone this offseason instead of secure a banner

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I edited that post but i was simply saying how absurd it is, division on the line, to start Blackwood tonight

But idt they do care which comes off as really odd, that theyd rather inflate the ego of a guy whos good as gone this offseason instead of secure a banner
The Blackwood lament is getting tired already.

Two goals against vs the best team in the league and 38 saves last time out.

Clearly he's the reason the Devils lost the game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

You better hope he's as good as gone this offseason. I'm not so sure he is. I can't wait to see who we don't bring back if we sign him for $3 million. You gotta figure someone like Tatar is almost definitely gone if he comes back at his qualifying offer next year. We're be cutting costs somewhere because of it.

I kind of expected him to play tonight. I do wonder if we would have played him if we lost to Buffalo and still didn't have home ice locked up? And we potentially had to win tonight or we start at MSG? Then I wonder if we would have started Vitek? I give up on trying to figure it out. Every time I try to figure out how this goalie rotation works, especially in regards to Blackwood, a wrench gets thrown.

It was always easy to figure out when Schmid was playing when he was up. It's become a little easier to figure out what games Blackwood gets and which games he doesn't get, ever since January, but I would have thought he would have played against Columbus last Thursday and then again tonight and not against Boston.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I was reading through the Rangers board a few days ago to see their thoughts on the potential matchup and it seemed as though around 75% of people who mentioned the topic would rather a Canes first round matchup than a Devils first round matchup. Those who voted that way said they thought the Rags match up way worse against the Devils because of our speed being way too much for them to handle a lot of the time.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Id have agreed with you last year on the 5v5 but Kane Tarasenko leaving the kids line in tact is an issue IMO, that depth beats out Florida's

PP is tough cause im not super confident in our PK; though the Rags only go for one-timers their PPstyle is super bland
Patrick Kane stinks and I couldn’t care less about the kid line.

Not sure why you wouldn’t be confident in our PK, it’s been quite good.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My only quarrel is not starting our best tender - not that Blackwood is terrible or anything
No, no, no, no, he IS terrible or anything.

I don't think that poster can see what I say, as they never respond to any of the posts when I call out shit like that, and they've also said something implying that they have me on their list.

Using a one game sample to rationalize that he's not is pretty disingenuous, especially when his last 76 games say he is terrible. He did the same thing with David Rittich after he had one strong game last year.

• Love

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
My only quarrel is not starting our best tender - not that Blackwood is terrible or anything
Appreciate your point. Think it's far more important to be ready for the playoff games; especially keeping all the players properly recovered and in the regular routines that have worked for much of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad