GDT: Games 82 Devils Vs. Capitals 7:00 PM - That's a Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Win-win tonight in my books. We either get the better stylistic matchup for round 1 or possibly get Alex Lyon. Kinda sad that the best regular season since I’ve been a fan is on game 82, but it just means playoffs are right around the corner on Monday or Tuesday for Game 1 in NJ.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
No reason to. VV's work load has not been heavy at all. You have an All-Star break equivalent this weekend. We know it's VV's crease going forward.

I think if they intend to start Vanecek in the playoffs, he should play tonight to continue his momentum.

I agree that he doesn't need the extra rest, given that the earliest possible game is on Monday.

But I can never predict how Ruff thinks, so we'll see.

Reactions: glenwo2

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
What a ride. Prob in the minority but I want the standings to stay exactly as they are. I want NYR first round for selfish reasons but also think they're the best matchup for NJD. Above everything else, just stay healthy!!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meant to post this in the GDT, but put it in the team thread instead.

For some reason I get the feeling that Florida and the Islanders would both LOVE to play Carolina right about now.

Their offense isn't any good, particularly with Svech out and nobody is f***in afraid of Freddie the fossil or washed up Raanta. Especially not after his last couple of games against the Rangers in the playoffs last year.

I don't think anyone is really sweating Carolina right now, other than the sites that still have them at 10% chance to win the cup. I'm not saying they'll definitely go out in round one, but I don't see why they have the best odds out of the east to win the cup.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we win but Carolina gets a point and loses in OT/shootout and we finish tied in points, I'm thinking Carolina has the tiebreaker over us?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This has been an incredible offensive year.

McDavid 152 points, 11 players currently over 100 points, 18 over 90

16 players currently over 40 goals, 52 players over 30 goals.

Just insane compare to 20 years ago.

Hell there is a Dman with 100 points this season.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

How many people forgot Jonathan Bernier is still part of the team?

Almost all these questions and more will be answered tonight.​

finally my wildest hf dreams become reality. i might take away the suspense by leaking this, but in the second intermission there will be a special with ken 'oh my' daneyko featuring daneyko's silver hockey stick, many hfb devils fans and two special guests.

the setup is simple. @Bleedred is the host, who asks each hfb devils fan - one be one - the same questions.

1) do you remember that bernier is still part of the devils?

this sounds pretty boring, as it's a simple yes or no question and you might wonder what ken daneyko has to do with this. the devils have another legend in chico, who better relates to the goaltender topic.

but the first question is just there to remind everybody that bernier still exists and to setup the second question.

2) who contributed more to the great devils season - jonathan bernier or mackenzie blackwood?

this is obviously a trick question as everybody knows bernier spent the whole season on ltir and played not a single minute for the devils. so the obvious answer will in most cases be

blackwood

wrong answer

and daneyko immediately responds with a few well placed light billys.

for those who paid just a little attention to bleedred's posting history and danyeko with his silver stick, while entering the room they might feel like

bernier

is the safer answer and they are correct.

but to make this perfect family entertainment some senseless brutality is absolutly needed and ken has in this case the pleasure to seek retiliation with some heavy sweezyes on the special guests

e75dca74-cc98-46d5-924b-90fcba3da230-jpeg.619151

265885.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

Very happy to see Mack Black starting tonight. FLA is a worse matchup for the NJD than the Rags, but it's really a pick your poison for us.

I think Rawly pulls out a W anyway, so we'll get the Rags. Fortunately, Mack Black could be the great equalizer for us tonight in helping us draw the Rags.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
finally my wildest hf dreams become reality. i might take away the suspense by leaking this, but in the second intermission there will be a special with ken 'oh my' daneyko featuring daneyko's silver hockey stick, many hfb devils fans and two special guests.

the setup is simple. @Bleedred is the host, who asks each hfb devils fan - one be one - the same questions.

1) do you remember that bernier is still part of the devils?

this sounds pretty boring, as it's a simple yes or no question and you might wonder what ken daneyko has to do with this. the devils have another legend in chico, who better relates to the goaltender topic.

but the first question is just there to remind everybody that bernier still exists and to setup the second question.

2) who contributed more to the great devils season - jonathan bernier or mackenzie blackwood?

this is obviously a trick question as everybody knows bernier spent the whole season on ltir and played not a single minute for the devils. so the obvious answer will in most cases be

blackwood

wrong answer

and daneyko immediately responds with a few well placed light billys.

for those who paid just a little attention to bleedred's posting history and danyeko with his silver stick, while entering the room they might feel like

bernier

is the safer answer and they are correct.

but to make this perfect family entertainment some senseless brutality is absolutly needed and ken has in this case the pleasure to seek retiliation with some heavy sweezyes on the special guests

e75dca74-cc98-46d5-924b-90fcba3da230-jpeg.619151

265885.jpg

This sounds fun. There will need to be some thinly veiled profanity if @Bleedred is discussing Blackwood. I'd have him speak with @Guttersniped so the two can compare how best to add asterisks to make sure we can all understand what they are saying without violating the terms of service.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
View attachment 687360
Very happy to see Mack Black starting tonight. FLA is a worse matchup for the NJD than the Rags, but it's really a pick your poison for us.

I think Rawly pulls out a W anyway, so we'll get the Rags. Fortunately, Mack Black could be the great equalizer for us tonight in helping us draw the Rags.
IMG_0978.jpeg
Mackenzie was unconscious against the Bruins after the first two goals, oh what a performance. NOW, with having said that. I’m sure Genucel has a solution to his eye issues. No more going to the bench for eye drops. Just like how I use Genucel’s facial scrub and cream for my now glowing skin. Oho, oh my, what a product.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think winning the division is a must, so I don't care that shit bag is in net tonight.

I'm bummed Ovechkin isn't playing, because first of all, it's an easy couple of goals for him, much like when we played them in our season finale in 17-18 and Cory got put in there after not playing for a few weeks.

And second of all, I don't have to see comments like ''THAT'S NOT A STOPPABLE GOAL BECAUSE IT'S OVECHKIN! THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A STOPPABLE GOAL ALLOWED TO OVECHKIN! HE SCORES ON 100% OF HIS SHOTS!''.

If anyone remembers the 17-18 regular season finale, I think Ovechkin scored 2 goals and one more would have given him 50. We were down 5-3 and could have pulled the goalie, but we didn't lol. It was like we were trying to deny him 50 goals.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I think we have more ROW which is first tiebreaker

Akschually...they switched it so that RW is the first tiebreaker now, which we're 1 up on Carolina. ROW is 2nd tiebreaker, which we own as well but is irrelevant as a RW by Carolina tonight gives them the edge on points anyway.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
As much as I may defend Blackwood, this is a completely boneheaded decision by Ruff. Devils will have 3-4 off days after tonight, which is plenty of rest for Vanecek. Plus, the Caps already lit up Blackwood this season with 5 goals on 18 shots before he got yanked, while VV has a 1.50 GAA and .952 SV% against his former team.

This makes no sense.

1681403485097.png

I expect 1st round ticket prices on the secondary market are going up with this news.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm guessing they just shut Ovechkin down for the year since it's garbage time and there's nothing to play for. No Ovechkin also helps the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad