GDT: Games 82 Devils Vs. Capitals 7:00 PM - That's a Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 687360
Very happy to see Mack Black starting tonight. FLA is a worse matchup for the NJD than the Rags, but it's really a pick your poison for us.

I think Rawly pulls out a W anyway, so we'll get the Rags. Fortunately, Mack Black could be the great equalizer for us tonight in helping us draw the Rags.
I knew DD liked Florida, but never thought I'd see him say they're better than the Rags and a worse matchup for us.

I call bullshit on this post, that ain't the REAL DD.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I'm guessing they just shut Ovechkin down for the year since it's garbage time and there's nothing to play for. No Ovechkin also helps the tank.

From what I'm seeing, Ovechkin is a game time decision.

Caps have the 8th worst record but could jump to 11th with a win tonight and losses by Detroit, Vancouver & St. Louis.

But if OV wants to play, not sure the coach will keep him out. He's chasing the goals record and facing Blackwood helps the cause.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
View attachment 687362
Mackenzie was unconscious against the Bruins after the first two goals, oh what a performance. NOW, with having said that. I’m sure Genucel has a solution to his eye issues. No more going to the bench for eye drops. Just like how I use Genucel’s facial scrub and cream for my now glowing skin. Oho, oh my, what a product.

Loool the unconscious bit is so good. I feel like he just started saying that this year

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
If we win but Carolina gets a point and loses in OT/shootout and we finish tied in points, I'm thinking Carolina has the tiebreaker over us?
We have the tie breaker.

I'm guessing they just shut Ovechkin down for the year since it's garbage time and there's nothing to play for. No Ovechkin also helps the tank.
Thay can't fall into the top 3 in the lottery?

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Caps have the 8th worst record but could jump to 11th with a win tonight and losses by Detroit, Vancouver & St. Louis.

But if OV wants to play, not sure the coach will keep him out. He's chasing the goals record and facing Blackwood helps the cause.
Ah, okay. I thought I saw somewhere he was already out or maybe I saw something that caused me to assume that.

I don't see why he wouldn't wanna play one last game if he is a game time decision? I think he's sat the last 3 or 4 games? He last played a week ago today.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
B2ACB766-45C6-4188-8652-43F26E9B7508.jpeg

LGD.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

Ight Lindy

I thought that this was going to happen. I had it in my original post about it. But, for a change, I do agree that it's the right move to start Blackwood. Vitek has never played this number of games in a season before and there's no reason to add another game. Whatever happens, happens.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
If I'm a Caps fan I want to see Ovie play. 90% of the fans in attendance will be Caps fans. Even if he's not 100% put him out there on the PP.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m fine with Blackwood starting . If VV started and got hurt….it would be devastating. I know the chances of that happening are slim to none , but we all know how shitty our luck has been with goalie injuries ( last season) .

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
11-7 + Blackwood actually resulted a win earlier this year against the Islanders but please let’s not tempt faith with the former since the latter is probably locked in with the goated TG saying MB29 is the starter.

Reactions: Bleedred

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
As much as I may defend Blackwood, this is a completely boneheaded decision by Ruff. Devils will have 3-4 off days after tonight, which is plenty of rest for Vanecek. Plus, the Caps already lit up Blackwood this season with 5 goals on 18 shots before he got yanked, while VV has a 1.50 GAA and .952 SV% against his former team.

This makes no sense.

View attachment 687368

I expect 1st round ticket prices on the secondary market are going up with this news.

Someone here did make the point about worrying about injury or in case the Capitals completely blow up Vanecek tonight.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
One game isn’t going to make or break the record chase but if he wants the record he’s going to have to play in even meaningless games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Florida is better than they've shown this year, but their goaltending is a huge question mark. Doesn't mean they can't beat us, but you got Bob, who has the worst regular season to play ratio of all time. Not to mention he's old and has been mediocre at best for 4 years now.

Then they have an AHL lifer having a mini Andrew Hammond run.

I do think they underachieved this year though. They probably should have been in a playoff spot the entire year. Instead they've needed a repeat of their 2018 second half run to get in, only this time they actually made it and they also didn't need as many points to make it either. They're gonna finish with at least 2 fewer points than they did that year.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I personally wish we'd go all out tonight to try and win the division + get another banner up in the rafters... Worst case scenario in the playoffs is we lose round 1, but if we win the division for the first time in forever at least we can celebrate that. Obviously this season has already been a win for development and future promise, but it'll take another year just to hopefully get back to this position. I'd like to guarantee we walk away with something now and then see how the playoffs shake out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad