GDT: Games 82 Devils Vs. Capitals 7:00 PM - That's a Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
waiting nervously for lineup updates. I hope Lindy doesn't punt
there isn't a lineup we can put out there tonight that shouldn't dominate an ovechkin/oshie-less Capitals team.

I won't mind if Lindy gives a couple of guys rest that need it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Some individual milestones to look out for tonight:

Jack Hughes:
3 points gives him 100 this season
2 assists ties him for 4th in single-season assists in franchise history
3 assists ties him for 2nd in single-season assists in franchise history
Currently on a 7 game point streak

Nico Hischier:
1 point gives him 80 this season
2 points gives him exactly one point per game
2 assists gives him 50 this season

Tomas Tatar:
3 points gets him to 50 points this season

Erik Haula:
1 point gets him 40 points this season

Yegor Sharangovich:
1 point gets him 30 points this season

Jesper Boqvist:
1 goal breaks his career high in single-season goals (currently 10)
3 points ties his career high in points (currently 23)

Miles Wood:
1 assist breaks his career high in single-season assists (currently 14)
If he is no worse than -2, it will be the first time in his career he finishes with a positive +/-

Dawson Mercer:
3 points gets him to 100 career points

Jonas Siegenthaler:
2 points gives him 50 career points

Jesper Bratt:
Currently on a 6 game point streak

Timo Meier:
Needs 0 shots to finish the season with exactly 69 shots as a member of the Devils (nice)

Brendan Smith:
1 goal breaks his record for goals as a Devil (currently 0)

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
If someone told me at the beginning of the season that we would be battling for playoff position in game 82, I would be f***ing overjoyed and thought we would be battling with someone for the final wildcard spot on the final day of the season. Maybe even a battle with Washington to determine who the WC2 is.

We are in game 82 with a chance at winning arguably the most competitive division in the NHL. We are in game 82 with a chance at ending 2nd place in the entire NHL with the biggest year over year points improvement in NHL history and a chance at the best regular season in franchise history. We have a certified superstar on our hands in Jack Hughes who just broke the Devils scoring record at 21 years old. We have the best young 2-way star center in the league in Nico Hischier who might put up 80 points while being at least a Selke finalist. Dougie just finished 2nd in the NHL in defenseman scoring and broke the franchise defenseman goals record. We have Timo f***ing Meier who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential with this core.

What a f***ing season. Unbelievable. It still doesn't feel real. 10 years of hardships, suffering, shit teams, bad coaching, and everything in between, and somehow, it seems like it was all worth it seeing the payoff right now. This is the beginning of a new era of Devils hockey. The first year of the future is here and I couldn't be more excited seeing the way this team has come to form.

It's game 82, and the season isn't over yet. LFGD!

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
If someone told me at the beginning of the season that we would be battling for playoff position in game 82, I would be f***ing overjoyed and thought we would be battling with someone for the final wildcard spot on the final day of the season. Maybe even a battle with Washington to determine who the WC2 is.

We are in game 82 with a chance at winning arguably the most competitive division in the NHL. We are in game 82 with a chance at ending 2nd place in the entire NHL with the biggest year over year points improvement in NHL history and a chance at the best regular season in franchise history. We have a certified superstar on our hands in Jack Hughes who just broke the Devils scoring record at 21 years old. We have the best young 2-way star center in the league in Nico Hischier who might put up 80 points while being at least a Selke finalist. Dougie just finished 2nd in the NHL in defenseman scoring and broke the franchise defenseman goals record. We have Timo f***ing Meier who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential with this core.

What a f***ing season. Unbelievable. It still doesn't feel real. 10 years of hardships, suffering, shit teams, bad coaching, and everything in between, and somehow, it seems like it was all worth it seeing the payoff right now. This is the beginning of a new era of Devils hockey. The first year of the future is here and I couldn't be more excited seeing the way this team has come to form.

1681399470640.gif

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017

Summed it up perfectly! LFGD let's keep this ride going!

Reactions: My3Sons

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I just want a win. I don't want to rely on Carolina/Florida game, but I also don't want Toronto or Vegas to pass us on the last day of the season (ignoring the meaningless games tomorrow). We've been top 3 pretty much all year, and I want to finish there.

Plus, momentum heading into the playoffs are a thing! We need at least a point to guarantee top 3 finish, which would be, after the last ten years, something amazing!

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I have a feeling it will be Blackwood in net tonight. I lament the fact that will sound off alarm bells!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad