GDT: GAMEDAY: Tue. Dec 4 - Senators @ Canadiens - Bell Centre - 7:30pm - TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Lajoie would be useful against the Domi-Drouin duo imo.

At one point Harpur and Falk were paired together... ouch. Opposing team’s matchup dream right there.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I definitely jinxed harpur last night... the second I say hes improved from last week I look up at the screen and hes like "what is puck?"

Reactions: Clayonator

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They better bounce back because they laid an egg yesterday. They had a bit of a slow start but they were taking the game over with a few minutes left in the first, then tied the game, and totally dominated the 2nd period until that breakdown (Chabot pass along the boards where White fell on his ass). Then they made more mistakes and totally handed the game to the Habs.

This team has serious problems with consistency but it's hard to understand how can they play so differently at home and on the road. Also, even at home, they always need to have one terrible period per game. Didn't have many exceptions this year but probably against the Rangers and Sharks (lately), although they turtled big time vs the Sharks in the 3rd period.

I just don't know why they don't try to play their game, dictate their own pace more often. This teams needs new coaching staff and a second good goalie like yesterday.

Oddly I thought Ryan looked pretty good.

Yeah true, he had 6 SOG and several great scoring chances (and Price robbed him a few times). Usually, he's more creating those chances for others but in this game I think he was like f*** off, my linemates are totally useless. I remember a sequence where he received a pass and then wanted to attack with a give and go but his linemate totally stopped skating. Several Sens looked like they partied all night the night before. If they spent the night in Montreal then that's totally Pejorative Slured and on the coaching staff.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
That's what I get for clearing the schedule and getting somewhat excited to watch a Sens game, I could take a loss no prob but it always seems we get blown out in anticipated/big games where your looking to turn it off halfway through...same old story again unfortunately!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Could someone not have fought Domi at least? Anyways looking forward to beating them at home on Thursday and sending all of their ugly fans home in their 1996 Eagle Talons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clayonator

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Lajoie is our answer to other teams top forwards we are in trouble
Atleast he can move the puck out controlled. Habs are a really bad matchup for the sens especially when they dress a d core like last night.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's what I get for clearing the schedule and getting somewhat excited to watch a Sens game, I could take a loss no prob but it always seems we get blown out in anticipated/big games where your looking to turn it off halfway through...same old story again unfortunately!
Fail safe way to avoid dissapointment and develop false hope is to only watch the sens at home haha.

Reactions: topshelf15

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Fail safe way to avoid dissapointment and develop false hope is to only watch the sens at home haha.

The road record is very alarming, I'm struggling to find any explanation other than possibly the team makeup is fragile, coaching is not adequate as the matchups are lost on the road or the players randomly all don't like to travel...likely a mix of the 3.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
we played bad but it should have been obvious that putting smith on the top line was not the answer. can't wait till we get a new coach who actually knows what he's doing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Breakdowns / Brainfarts leading to goals against.

1. Chabot pinched , lost the puck deep in the corner; no one covered his point; Dzingel came in deep; leading to a 2 on 1 Domi, Drouin vs Ceci, Ceci overplayed the puck carrier.

2. Chabot bad decision to rim a pass to White that was cut off by Drouin with lots of space after White fell. White looked like he was too high for that pass to ever connect. Drouin possibly clipped White on the way to jumping the pass.

3. Stone was the high man in the Ozone.. White and Tkachuk caught deep. White had the puck behind the habs net and tried to spin back , was pinned and lost the puck. Habs (Drouin, Domi) broke out on a classic 3 on 2 where they worked a 2 on 1 on the right side vs Harpur; No one picked up the trailer

4. Another 3 on 2. Pyatt had Lehkonen but lost him between the hash marks and the net. Falk allowed KK past him with a late turn above the circles

5. Demelo with a ton of time and an open man for an outlet, tries to force it up the middle; pass was picked off; Harpur recovered and Tatar using his skate tripped Harpur on the boards giving him lots of room to make a play to Gallagher.

Every goal was preventable and were caused by one or more mistakes.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Missed Opportunities early last night... Cashing on a couple of the Grade A chances would have gone a long way.

hkn-senators-canadiens-20181204.jpg

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Missed Opportunities early last night... Cashing on a couple of the Grade A chances would have gone a long way.

hkn-senators-canadiens-20181204.jpg

Price was very good gotta give him credit. We had at least 5 grade A opportunities like this one that were missed. Ryan had another two, Tkachuk had a post (two?), etc.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Breakdowns / Brainfarts leading to goals against.

1. Chabot pinched , lost the puck deep in the corner; no one covered his point; Dzingel came in deep; leading to a 2 on 1 Domi, Drouin vs Ceci, Ceci overplayed the puck carrier.

2. Chabot bad decision to rim a pass to White that was cut off by Drouin with lots of space after White fell. White looked like he was too high for that pass to ever connect. Drouin possibly clipped White on the way to jumping the pass.

3. Stone was the high man in the Ozone.. White and Tkachuk caught deep. White had the puck behind the habs net and tried to spin back , was pinned and lost the puck. Habs (Drouin, Domi) broke out on a classic 3 on 2 where they worked a 2 on 1 on the right side vs Harpur; No one picked up the trailer

4. Another 3 on 2. Pyatt had Lehkonen but lost him between the hash marks and the net. Falk allowed KK past him with a late turn above the circles

5. Demelo with a ton of time and an open man for an outlet, tries to force it up the middle; pass was picked off; Harpur recovered and Tatar using his skate tripped Harpur on the boards giving him lots of room to make a play to Gallagher.

Every goal was preventable and were caused by one or more mistakes.
Agree

Chabot Stone and to a certain extend Demelo will always make up by scoring points
Pyatt is useless if he can't even be rely on to tie a stick up
Hope he at least said to Daddy guy he is going to get the garbage out for the next month

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
We should not use Harpur against teams like Montreal. He doesn't have the foot speed. Habs have one thing we lack compared to them and thats speed.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Could someone not have fought Domi at least? Anyways looking forward to beating them at home on Thursday and sending all of their ugly fans home in their 1996 Eagle Talons.

I was disappointed that Batherson did not drop his gloves with Domi when Domi attacked him. He was probably surprised but he should have done it anyway, although Ottawa did get a PP out of it, however, the PP sucked again last night. Mistakes cost them the game at inopportune times & the Habs as always seem to get all the breaks.

I was hoping they would have played a lot more physical against the Habs last night, but as always they just don't keep it up. Hopefully, they will ratchet up the physical play in Ottawa.

Reactions: branch

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We need to play physical big time against them
And score 1st
They make it hard to make a comeback once they have the lead and they get cocky as f... too

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad