GDT: GAMEDAY: Tue. Dec 4 - Senators @ Canadiens - Bell Centre - 7:30pm - TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Didn't have a chance to see the game. But he had a game where he looked to be slowing down and Boucher gave Tierney a chance up the lineup.

White has looked okay since

Tierney has shown some flashes of being better than average and possibly second line center; but then he regressed recently and looks like a 3rd line center now and who knows which direction he will go now.
White appears to be rising; Tierney falling to me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Didn't have a chance to see the game. But he had a game where he looked to be slowing down and Boucher gave Tierney a chance up the lineup.

White has looked okay since
White hurt his hand/wrist in the Florida game, then played hurt and aggravated, scored and then had to miss a game .. that's why Tierney was moved up. He didn't do much with the opportunity.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
White hurt his hand/wrist in the Florida game, then played hurt and aggravated, scored and then had to miss a game .. that's why Tierney was moved up. He didn't do much with the opportunity.
I agree, I think White has shown he has more potential than Tierny at this point. Chlapik might have more offensive potential than Tierny too, he's cheaper & 3 yrs younger. While I doubt we will see it this yr, I think Chlapik becomes a full time member of this team at some point next season. IMO both Tierny & Pageau could be on the block next season, if these centre prospects begin to fulfill their expectations. I would have to think that Brown could be another centre who will push for a roster spot next yr. And then Norris should be only a few yrs away, if that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree, I think White has shown he has more potential than Tierny at this point. Chlapik might have more offensive potential than Tierny too, he's cheaper & 3 yrs younger. While I doubt we will see it this yr, I think Chlapik becomes a full time member of this team at some point next season. IMO both Tierny & Pageau could be on the block next season, if these centre prospects begin to fulfill their expectations. I would have to think that Brown could be another centre who will push for a roster spot next yr. And then Norris should be only a few yrs away, if that.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Pageau comes back. He was slotted to be a very important player .. Most likely 2C. I don't expect it to take long for White to get moved out of there for Pageau.
I'd like to see
Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Smith Pageau Ryan
Boedker Tierney Paajarvi

I don't think that Happens... but Pageau adds to the lineup and gives us a better 4 line team. I think Pageau is better than White at least for now, but I like the chemistry and the way Tkachuk and White compliment each others playing style. I am sure Pageau would have no trouble slotting in there but White would lose some effectiveness if they switch him in with Smith and Ryan. Regardless where they lineup we will see a drop off in icetime for White unless his production goes up

I can see Brown needing at least a full year in the AHL. . I think Norris will be ready inside 2 years from now. Chlapik needs to start to separate himself again but could be up at the TDL.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting to see what happens when Pageau comes back. He was slotted to be a very important player .. Most likely 2C. I don't expect it to take long for White to get moved out of there for Pageau.
I'd like to see
Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Smith Pageau Ryan
Boedker Tierney Paajarvi

I don't think that Happens... but Pageau adds to the lineup and gives us a better 4 line team. I think Pageau is better than White at least for now, but I like the chemistry and the way Tkachuk and White compliment each others playing style. I am sure Pageau would have no trouble slotting in there but White would lose some effectiveness if they switch him in with Smith and Ryan. Regardless where they lineup we will see a drop off in icetime for White unless his production goes up

I can see Brown needing at least a full year in the AHL. . I think Norris will be ready inside 2 years from now. Chlapik needs to start to separate himself again but could be up at the TDL.

Your 4th line is interesting, all guys I think that can be replaced internally. Brown will have one yr under his belt after this yr & IMO should be pushing next yr for a job. I agree Chlapik needs to make a move soon or could be a trade asset. You seem optimistic regarding Norris & I hope you are right, giving Ottawa another good young centre. But it clearly shows what I am saying & that is that they will have to make room on this roster for their good young prospects soon or move them. Next yr will certainly be an interesting yr again for this franchise.

Reactions: Cosmix

Another Mr Lizard

I heard he was Danish
Nov 19, 2017
May have already been mentioned but I heard that Domi was chanting “waiver, waiver, waiver” at Smith. What a classy little l twat he is...

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
sure and thats why White is back up there

The season is long and lines will change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad