GDT: GAMEDAY: Tue. Dec 4 - Senators @ Canadiens - Bell Centre - 7:30pm - TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Fair, I just put him here because Boucher did.

I’d rather have Dzingel, particularly when he stepped up to protect a rookie and try to boost energy.
Oh I realize that.. sorry didn't mean to target you ... its a comment on Boucher.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Typical road game from us - didn't pressure the puck and the blueline was sketch city. Harpur looked like a CHL player on that 3rd goal, then we just took our foot off the gas and played shinny for a while.

Oh well. Nothing to do but hope we have a good response for the 2nd half of the back-to-back.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ppl shitting on Guy but this defense just isn't good enough. Once teams match up against us on the road its so noticeable

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ppl ****ting on Guy but this defense just isn't good enough. Once teams match up against us on the road its so noticeable

When your D sucks, you adjust. Guy's plan seems to be "nothing to be done about the D when we are on the road! Gotta score" which isn't encouraging when half the games played are on the road.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ppl ****ting on Guy but this defense just isn't good enough. Once teams match up against us on the road its so noticeable

I mean, with Falk and Harpur in at the same time, our D has some serious holes.

Would have loved for Wolanin to get the call up, but unfortunately he's hurt. I think he could do what Jaros did and make it impossible to send him down again,

Chabot-Jaros
Lajoie-DeMelo
Wolanin-Ceci

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Everyone wants to talk about how bad the defensemen are but the forwards are the most defensively irresponsible group I have ever seen. And it’s not becuase they are young, or inexperienced.

On the first goal, Dzingel who is above the cricles in the offensive zone decides to chase the puck instead of covering for the punching defensemen. He was in position and abandons it creating a 2 on 1. On the third goal. What should have been an easy 3on3 is actually a 3 on 2 because Stone for reasons I can not explain continues to chase Byron despite being a step behind and having a teammate in position to cover Byron. It’s not until Drouin drops the puck to Domi that he reacts. Those two goals are so preventable and should not be happening. Simple as that.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Everyone wants to talk about how bad the defensemen are but the forwards are the most defensively irresponsible group I have ever seen. And it’s not becuase they are young, or inexperienced.

On the first goal, Dzingel who is above the cricles in the offensive zone decides to chase the puck instead of covering for the punching defensemen. He was in position and abandons it creating a 2 on 1. On the third goal. What should have been an easy 3on3 is actually a 3 on 2 because Stone for reasons I can not explain continues to chase Byron despite being a step behind and having a teammate in position to cover Byron. It’s not until Drouin drops the puck to Domi that he reacts. Those two goals are so preventable and should not be happening. Simple as that.

I saw Dzingel and Tierney cheat quite a bit tonight. They both killed their lines.

They started off well, but simply fell apart. This team has a hard time recovering when the wheels fall off, sadly.

Ceci also let the team down . Chabot was a gamer but made some bad gaffes.

Have to give Montreal credit though. They capitalized on Ottawa's gaffes. Speed, slick plays and great shots. Ottawa had some golden chances but guys doubted their shots. The Price effect, maybe?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Yah I agree .. Harpur has to respect Drouin's speed there and has him wide ... He and Domi turned it into a 2 on 1 on that side down low, because no one picked Domi up. But hey Harpur gets hung for it. He can't really play that any differently than he did.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
When your D sucks, you adjust. Guy's plan seems to be "nothing to be done about the D when we are on the road! Gotta score" which isn't encouraging when half the games played are on the road.
It's hard to adjust when you defense is terrible. Bad defense will always kill you. Ask edm ask buffalo

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I mean, with Falk and Harpur in at the same time, our D has some serious holes.

Would have loved for Wolanin to get the call up, but unfortunately he's hurt. I think he could do what Jaros did and make it impossible to send him down again,

Chabot-Jaros
Lajoie-DeMelo
Wolanin-Ceci
It's just a revolving door of inexperienced defensemen

Until they bring in a legit top 4 guy it will be impossible to cover all the holes. It's so easy for other teams to match their best players and just go. In on our defense on the road

Reactions: Variable26

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Yep
The forwards as a group didnt have it tonight

Reactions: Tundraman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad