GDT: GAMEDAY: Tue. Dec 4 - Senators @ Canadiens - Bell Centre - 7:30pm - TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I was disappointed that Batherson did not drop his gloves with Domi when Domi attacked him. He was probably surprised but he should have done it anyway, although Ottawa did get a PP out of it, however, the PP sucked again last night. Mistakes cost them the game at inopportune times & the Habs as always seem to get all the breaks.

I was hoping they would have played a lot more physical against the Habs last night, but as always they just don't keep it up. Hopefully, they will ratchet up the physical play in Ottawa.
Don't think Batherson is a fighter?

Doubt he could hold his own against Domi

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Don't think Batherson is a fighter?

Doubt he could hold his own against Domi

Batherson has had a few fights in junior, he's bigger than Domi, he should have done it anyway. Maybe next time.

Half of the residents in this city take pride in not cheering for the Sens.

I'm really not surprised to see that amount of people that don't care if the Sens are at Lebreton or not.

I've said it numerous times, there are a lot of people in this town who are not hockey fans but prefer theatre, concerts, movies, dining out, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, football, skating on the canal, there are literally all kinds of other things to do in this town that is not associated with hockey. I have worked with & know dozens of people who could not care less about hockey & don't spend a dime on it. The little they know about the team & owner comes from the 6:00 news. The vast majority of francophone people I know who are hockey fans, are Habs fans & have been all their lives & they are brain washing their children to also be Hab fans. That hasn't changed in 25 yrs, I doubt it will change with an arena downtown. Same applies for Leaf fans & every other NHL team who has fans in this city.

I've had parents tell me that their kids would rather stay home & play video games than go to the arena to watch hockey. I'm not surprised people don't care if there is an arena downtown or not, makes no difference to them either way. I know people who live in the west-end who won't go downtown to watch games if the team leaves Kanata. I also agree that there is a very large contingent of fans in this town who are not Sens fans. I was in Sportchek doing some Xmas shopping & noticed all the Leaf & Hab stuff on sale, they had as much of those teams stuff as they did the Sens. One guy told me they sell more leafs stuff than Sens stuff here. They don't call Ottawa a small market for nothing.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Batherson has had a few fights in junior, he's bigger than Domi, he should have done it anyway. Maybe next time.

I know Tkachuk is playing really well and producing and could of have a few more goals, but I am still very concern with him showing zero puck handling skills or unable to make any high-skill plays, as yet, more than Batherson not dropping the gloves lol!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I know Tkachuk is playing really well and producing and could of have a few more goals, but I am still very concern with him showing zero puck handling skills or unable to make any high-skill plays, as yet, more than Batherson not dropping the gloves lol!

We've seen your assessments before.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

If you are expecting Elias Pettersson like plays, sure you will be dissapointed but that doesn’t mean he’s not making high skill plays. There’s little to be concerned about regarding Tkachuk.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Have you not been watching games this yr? Tkachuk has made numerous great plays & passes around the net & seems to be as good a passer as he is a finisher & he has been in a couple of fights. I don't expect him to carry the puck that much but when he does he is fine at it but his strength is causing havoc in front of the net.

I assume you are trying to make a comparison between the two players in that Batherson has made some high skill plays which I agree with, but so has Tkachuk which you seem not to agree with. That's fine, that's your opinion, maybe you didn't notice that Tkachuk is second in rookie scoring & made the team out of camp in his first yr after being drafted. Watch again, he has a lot more skill than most people ever gave him credit for before he was drafted & most of them have said so since.

Reactions: Cosmix

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Have you not been watching games this yr? Tkachuk has made numerous great plays & passes around the net & seems to be as good a passer as he is a finisher & he has been in a couple of fights. I don't expect him to carry the puck that much but when he does he is fine at it but his strength is causing havoc in front of the net.

I assume you are trying to make a comparison between the two players in that Batherson has made some high skill plays which I agree with, but so has Tkachuk which you seem not to agree with. That's fine, that's your opinion, maybe you didn't notice that Tkachuk is second in rookie scoring & made the team out of camp in his first yr after being drafted. Watch again, he has a lot more skill than most people ever gave him credit for before he was drafted & most of them have said so since.

really? That is soooo amazing! Thanks for pointing this, MAN!

Maybe you didn't notice that I already pointed that out. The concern I raised has nothing to do with his production. But, again, how will you notice it? As soon as you saw someone question Tkachuk, you felt offended like he's the second coming of Mcdavid, and can't be criticized.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I was disappointed that Batherson did not drop his gloves with Domi when Domi attacked him. He was probably surprised but he should have done it anyway, although Ottawa did get a PP out of it, however, the PP sucked again last night. Mistakes cost them the game at inopportune times & the Habs as always seem to get all the breaks.

I was hoping they would have played a lot more physical against the Habs last night, but as always they just don't keep it up. Hopefully, they will ratchet up the physical play in Ottawa.

MONTREAL out-worked, out-hit, out-skated and as a result out-scored the Senators last night. It was an atrocious game effort by the team. The two on one against a Ceci was unbelievable. They had what seemed like 10 seconds to do their work without any other Senators on the scene. Just brutal!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Reminds me of that poster (the saurus fellow) who swore that White had no upside because he didn't score flashy goals :laugh:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I've had parents tell me that their kids would rather stay home & play video games than go to the arena to watch hockey.

I don't know how meaningful that statement is, you let a kid go far enough down that road and they'd rather sit at home and play video games than literally anything else in the world.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Reminds me of that poster (the saurus fellow) who swore that White had no upside because he didn't score flashy goals :laugh:

If anyone thought we were getting Paul Kariya when we drafted White, they only have themselves to blame.

White is showcasing the exact slills we were expecting from him when we drafted him. This is who he's always been.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He just didn't play like that in a Senators uniform until this season.

You could say that about the relative development of like 90% of all prospects that eventually make the NHL, though. Across the league.

"This prospect wasn't ready before, but he is now".

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You could say that about the relative development of like 90% of all prospects that eventually make the NHL, though. Across the league.

"This prospect wasn't ready before, but he is now".

Sure, but I really didn't know what kind of player we were going to have until I saw him making plays this season.

That's what I find interesting.

Most of them are pretty generic "don't make a mistake" players when they first enter the league.

I also think Boucher taking the reins off early this year and allowing them to play a little run and gun and make mistakes has also brought out the individual skills in our prospects.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He just didn't play like that in a Senators uniform until this season.

No doubt he's improved some. Confidence is a big factor with most young players. IMO he focused on being a safe defensively reliable player for a coach that valued that in a player. He was seldom used with offensive line mates until a couple games with Duchene where he looked better last year, and then again this year when he had some chances up in the lineup. A little success has gone a long way with him this year and its a credit to him and the coaching / management to give him the chance... That said we can still see where Boucher leans when he wants to shorten the bench. I do think Dorion has sent a message that way though and the kids are being given a chance to see what they can do. He started last year with an injury, and slowed his start.. Similar to Chlapik this year

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Boucher has always like White and has given him a lot of chances to show his stuff. He even threw him up on the top line at the end of last year to get reps in.

White is just developing as any other player is. You can tell Boucher has always liked him cause he was constantly been given an opportunity to make it.

White has just developed and has proven he deserves more ice. Some nights he might look like a 4th liner and be put down in the lineup but thats part of development

Reactions: thinkwild

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boucher has always like White and has given him a lot of chances to show his stuff. He even threw him up on the top line at the end of last year to get reps in.

White is just developing as any other player is. You can tell Boucher has always liked him cause he was constantly been given an opportunity to make it.

White has just developed and has proven he deserves more ice. Some nights he might look like a 4th liner and be put down in the lineup but thats part of development
Do you think he looked like a 4th liner vs the Habs the other night?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Do you think he looked like a 4th liner vs the Habs the other night?
Didn't have a chance to see the game. But he had a game where he looked to be slowing down and Boucher gave Tierney a chance up the lineup.

White has looked okay since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad