Post-Game Talk: Game XX Loss: OT like our PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
No way that goal is on Karlsson lol
He's the last man back and he's dicking around holding Oreilly's stick on the blueline. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. We saw these things from Letang for so long now that i expect a few of these games and Karlsson is well known for stupid defensive play as well so i'm not surprised. On to the next boys.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Karlsson did nothing wrong. His guy threw a pick that took two players out.
Funny how on this thread me and Trader seem to be only ones who see that it was Karlsson's bad play on ot but in main thread everyone is blaming Karlsson on it. Fanboying is strong here. Shiny new toy effect? On Toronto game EK was 1st star after costing two goals on first period because he scored one:D he's been good as well but last 4 games or so he has been terrible

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
No way that goal is on Karlsson lol
We were going to lose anyway but come on man. He was hugging ROR trying to force the offside. You're the only D-man out there on 3-on-3, play D. The loss is not on him but the OT goal is. And obviously EK65 knew it with his reaction.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Silly me to think that this team might have improved their OT performances, I guess that Kings game was an outlier in more ways than one. After coming from two goals down and seeing those final few minutes of regulation when Jarry stood on his head, one point feels almost like a victory. But hanging on for dear life in your zone against this Nashville team so much really doesn't bode well.

If the coaches don't care enough to do anything about the abysmal power play but briefly rearrange the chairs on the Titanic, I am starting to wonder why I should care that the team is the definition of mediocrity. At least it's been battling in the last two games but with this power play and Malkin's line struggling they need the goalie to perform miracles just to give them a chance to win.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Watching the replay over and over, the Preds player tried to toe the line and a pens player runs into him. To make that the crux of why they lost is ridiculous.

Being shit is why they lost.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If you went back in time 5 years and said a team with EK65, Malkin, Sid, and Jake on it would have one of the worst power plays in the league, you'd have been laughed off the site. It's amazing.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The power play should be the one place that a team full of aging stars who are slowing down is succeeding. If Sully and Reirden can't convince the team to play better on the man advantage, then a new voice is beyond needed.

Like even when Mario was toast that power play looked better than this, and it had Steve McKenna on it at one point!

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
100%. If this team had as good of a powerplay as they should have based on the talent, the Penguins are likely something like 14-7 on the year and battling for the top spot in the division.

Rierden sucks but it's inexcusable that a powerplay with Crosby, Malkin and Karlsson on it is this bad.
If they had even a middle of the pack PP, they'd be 6th in GF and 6th in GA.

It can't all be put onto Reirden, but this is Matt Canada levels. They need to make a change simply to break the fever.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
We got a point! I was almost convinced they were going to give up the winning goal in the last 3 min of the 3rd. I don't think Jarry had a difficult workload most of the game, but he had to be sharp in the last 5 minutes. This team plays as jittery as bunch of school kids going on a field trip.

The OT? Disappointment. I was looking forward to seeing EK/Letang in their element, oh well.

As for EK's fault...
I didn't see what was happening at the blue line. If EK was dicking around, then yeah it was on him.

Reactions: trader997

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I saw Karlsson holding the stick of O'reilly for 1-2 seconds instead of backing up and defending.

I saw Karlsson defending his guy. Had he backed up, it's a 2 on 1 and Crosby isn't back in time.

Damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Edit: Also, why is Sid taking a lazy skate backwards instead of switching and going forward to address Forsberg? He actually created the entire sequence. Between him and Guentzel they had him in a pincer.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Anyone want to do some stat digging in terms of how much the PP has cost this team?

Relevant stats would be 1 goal losses and going 0 for on the PP in that particular game.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Anyone want to do some stat digging in terms of how much the PP has cost this team?

Relevant stats would be 1 goal losses and going 0 for on the PP in that particular game.
I already posted about this, but by my count and removing EN goals, they've now lost 6 games by 1 goal (0-5-1) where they didn't score a PPG. I believe it is around 0-16 on the PP combined (although, 6 of those were in the Rangers loss).

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
15 points from the worst team to the best team in the east. 6 points from third place in division to first place (both east div) and a mishmash of teams in the middling in between.
Surprisingly tight that third place in the metro is 11-10-1 and the crusty old penguins are 10-10-1
New era of the nhl is upon... where most teams have a 50/50 shot at winning. Well.... the penguins have less :laugh: but generally speaking haha...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Nah, I’m completely fine with gambling. How is it any different from widespread alcohol use and promotion around sports?
You are reaching into dark corners mate... gambling is one thing, alcohol also, but alcohol is wildly wildly over consumed by people, regretfully too, IMO. Don't fall into propaganda is all I can say.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
The person with the hardest and most accurate shot should be the trigger man on the pens power play, which is Malkin. Why are we not utilizing that skillset of his on the powerplay. The pens are trying to play a finesse game on the pp, and to my recollection, there are only 2 forwards on the pens who have a finesse game. Malkin or Crosby. You need a trigger man, a passer, a net front big man presence to make an effective power play. What are the Penguins doing?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad