GDT: Game X Pens vs Sharks: Were gunna have a good day

Who has a bigger game today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Because it'd create more wins in the long run and make this team more fun to watch. We watch to be entertained, primarily.
How is the Team you root for losing make it better................... oh nevermind It will get Sullivan fired Hate to break it to the voices in your head Sullivan is not getting fired & who would take his place ????????

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I actually think this is a good chance of win. Karlsson and Sid will have big games.
Which is somehow even worse. Losing to the Sharks would actually be enough to get major changes.

There's no way I am staying up late to watch this game, but I guess it's nice I will either be waking up to a win or a new coaching staff.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
How is the Team you root for losing make it better................... oh nevermind It will get Sullivan fired Hate to break it to the voices in your head Sullivan is not getting fired & who would take his place ????????
Boudreau, perhaps. One of the best regular season coaching records in the salary cap era. Offensive coach. Would be great for the room.
I could definitely see him getting more wins than Sullivan the rest of the way, while making the team more exciting to watch for the fans.

As for Sullivan being locked in here no matter what...I'm not sure about that. Sullivan may accept failure easily these days, but Dubas does not. Dubas just got a 7 year deal. He's the President and GM. FSG is giving him control of the ship.
He'll be pissed if they lose tonight. I could at least see the assistants being fired.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I know rooting for your team to lose is a bit backwards... but it's come to that level with boring hockey and terrible powerplay and first rounds exits. They won't get exciting tough gritty fight and battle it out players and even if they did the coach wouldn't use them correctly.
It's down to one option really... root for loss. I'm in that boat too.
What else can you do to get out of this boring funk.
Yes... penguins have always been the non-gritty less hitting and more speed / finesse / passing team... but still they had plenty of rough and tumble gritty guys... so... yeah I want the coach out, now. So it is rooting for change through losing. They won't even get rid of the guy for pathetic post season efforts... now I hope for missing the playoffs since they don't have a chance in the world if they do get to the post season.
:dunno:

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I know rooting for your team to lose is a bit backwards... but it's come to that level with boring hockey and terrible powerplay and first rounds exits. They won't get exciting tough gritty fight and battle it out players and even if they did the coach wouldn't use them correctly.
It's down to one option really... root for loss. I'm in that boat too.
What else can you do to get out of this boring funk.
Yes... penguins have always been the non-gritty less hitting and more speed / finesse / passing team... but still they had plenty of rough and tumble gritty guys... so... yeah I want the coach out, now. So it is rooting for change through losing. They won't even get rid of the guy for pathetic post season efforts... now I hope for missing the playoffs since they don't have a chance in the world if they do get to the post season.
:dunno:
Soooooo Sullivan is Responsible for Pathetic Postseasons, Is Sid & company have any blame at all

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Which is somehow even worse. Losing to the Sharks would actually be enough to get major changes.

There's no way I am staying up late to watch this game, but I guess it's nice I will either be waking up to a win or a new coaching staff.
marvel-is-it-though.gif

First game on a west coast swing, sharks played desperate after an embarrassment last game, lots of built in excuses to not do anything.

Reactions: Sideline

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Boudreau, perhaps. One of the best regular season coaching records in the salary cap era. Offensive coach. Would be great for the room.
I could definitely see him getting more wins than Sullivan the rest of the way, while making the team more exciting to watch for the fans.

As for Sullivan being locked in here no matter what...I'm not sure about that. Sullivan may accept failure easily these days, but Dubas does not. Dubas just got a 7 year deal. He's the President and GM. FSG is giving him control of the ship.
He'll be pissed if they lose tonight. I could at least see the assistants being fired.
BBQ Bruce has won exactly what ??

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
There's 73 games left. The idea is to get the most out of them that you can, not just win the one right in front of you vs a doormat team.

It's not a stretch at all to think a random coach could best this washed version of Sullivan.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
There's 73 games left. The idea is to get the most out of them that you can, not just win the one right in front of you vs a doormat team.

It's not a stretch at all to think a random coach could best this washed version of Sullivan.
YES, YES It is a Humongous Stretch

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
At some point, the "no, but, for real--*this* loss is gonna be the straw that breaks the camel's back" will be right, even if we've all been saying it for a decade by the time it becomes reality. :laugh:

Our stick-to-itiveness is exemplary!

Reactions: FlyingPenguin

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
A f***ton of regular season games. Considering we need to play like a 102 point team to make the playoffs from this point on, it would seem to address a core need.
Is there some kind of advantage to keeping Sullivan? Is the team trying to win 1st place in expected goals?
Wake the Kids he has won a f***ton of Regular Season Games & has how many SC's ?

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Our 4th line will score and we win handily tonight! Sully will save the season.

The times they aren’t a-changin’

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Nah, the dude just missed the playoffs with a fully healthy top-six.
He's 3-6-0 with a fully healthy team.

You don't gotta be prime Scotty Bowman to top this guy.
& Pants Shitters like you have ripped ripped the bottom 6 & Most of the Defensemen

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Wake the Kids he has won a f***ton of Regular Season Games & has how many SC's ?
The team can start worrying about Stanley Cups when they start qualifying for playoffs again. Let's not put the cart before the horse here.

Can you explain what you think there is to gain by keeping Mike Sullivan? Like, what do you think is actually gonna happen this season if they do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad