GDT: Game X Pens vs Sharks: Were gunna have a good day

Who has a bigger game today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It'd be damn near insulting for the team to use an early November game as a catalyst to fire Sullivan at this point. :laugh: Like @BlindWillyMcHurt alluding to scratching Carter, it'd be the correct choice and needed, but at this point it's like, what the f*** took you so long? This team's about to be six years removed from winning a playoff round, and with no worthwhile, NHL ready prospects and a team smattered with 36 year olds--again, feels insulting almost. Performative bullshit. :laugh:

But I think Sullivan's at least got the rest of this season before the team evaluates what to do.

The team should have been putting serious consideration into reducing Jeff Carter's role on the team several seasons ago. You know... right about when they were subbing him in on the top line in place of Sid flippin' Crosby during the Rangers series.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The team should have been putting serious consideration into reducing Jeff Carter's role on the team several seasons ago. You know... right about when they were subbing him in on the top line in place of Sid flippin' Crosby during the Rangers series.
Several seasons ago he was a half decent player we were worried about losing over McCannon

• Haha
Reactions: wgknestrick

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Penguins gonna match that Sharks tank in the sharktank....

Just the Moriarty of the subject....

Hoooooo.....!
3c45ee764b56897efe5b0b016fe26aa5_w200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'll die on the hill that protecting Carter was just absolutely bat-shit insane. Even then. He was never gonna be taken, even if left exposed, and while I'm no McCann apologist, it gives you more time to find a trade that wasn't just "Here's an asset that scored 14g and 32pts in 43 games for free". :laugh:

We all hate Sullivan as a coach--well, the majority of us around here. But to brush aside the GMing and ownership decisions, from multiple regimes, over these last 5 or 6 years is silly. It's been shit, top to bottom, for a very long time. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If anyone can make these goalies look like the next Vezina winner, it’s the Pens…so kudos to him for winning the lottery in coming up for this opponent lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm gonna go with a little twist... the Penguins light Blackwood up in the first period and chase him only for whoever TF Chrona is to come in and stonewall them the rest of the way for a comeback win.
We’ve seen it so many times this is easy peazy to predict lol…

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm gonna go with a little twist... the Penguins light Blackwood up in the first period and chase him only for whoever TF Chrona is to come in and stonewall them the rest of the way for a comeback win.
You forgot the classic Pens "get a 3-0 lead, then get a PP opportunity immediately after, only to watch the PP absolutely destroy momentum, then the opposition scores with 15 seconds left in the period to begin the comeback".

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I got a long-game upsetti spaghetti for you; this game's gonna haunt the team when San Jose finishes one point below the Pens for last place, and best odds at the #1 overall pick. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Is there a game that screams Pens loss more?
The quintessential loss for the post-Cup chapter of this team was getting blown out in regulation to a Hawks team that was unabashedly tanking, in a do-or-die situation with the playoffs on the line. :laugh: Nothing's ever gonna top that one, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad