LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
200w.gif

giphy.gif

oddball-negative-waves.gif
I added clarification as my morning brain can't quite read yet =]

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is tonights slogan, 'a clash of losers, one old, one young(er)...' who can pull off the better hockey..

Pretty crazy to think average NHL age of team youngest age is 25, and the oldest is 30...
That is pretty old isn't it?
I suppose 25-30 is prime age though 20-30 imo. not even 30, 18-27/28.
Going to check avg age per team per sport..

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Average age of nfl is 25 - 27 yo.
Average age of football (soccer) world cup (32 nations) is just about 27.
Average age of NHL would be 27ish.
Average age of baseball club is roughly 28 yo

Pretty much all I looked for...

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Average age of nfl is 25 - 27 yo.
Average age of football (soccer) world cup (32 nations) is just about 27.
Average age of NHL would be 27ish.
Average age of baseball club is roughly 28 yo

Pretty much all I looked for...
And average age of the Pens is nearly 31…lol

• Wow
Reactions: LOGiK

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
A predictable game. Somehow going to score 2 goals max. Might be enough to win still, but if they win they won’t look good doing it which would be the worst possible outcome.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sullivan " we are not satisfied"
Ha! Ya don't say. You telling the league last place in your division is unsatisfactory. LOL

Sully starts talking talking tough right before playing the worst team the league has seen in decades. Sharks have 0 wins.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I wonder their mindset tonight, either...

OK! Last place team, can't be humiliated! PLAY HARD!
Well, last place team with no wins, we got this!

Pretty funny when the team themselves are also on the bottom...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not joking when I also say I want them to lose, but even so, I'd be surprised if even this Penguins team managed to biff a game against this Sharks team.

Man I dunno. This team plays down to it's competetion and SJ has no wins. They have ex-Penguins on their team. It's a West coast trip where they always perform terribly and SJ's goaltending is awful. Seems like an auto-loss to me.

This is me trying to watch Penguins games the last couple of seasons:

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Pens win either 2-1 or 3-2, possibly in OT or shootout. It will be one of San Jose's best games of the year up to now (talk about a low bar) but the Pens probably won't be able to find a way to lose although they may appear to be trying to do so.

SJ is obviously not trying to compete this season, not that they have much choice in that matter, but their players can't possibly have enjoyed getting embarrassed by VAN the other night and will at least find a way to keep this one respectably close.

Unless they really ARE as hapless as they appeared to be in that 10-1 farce.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Man I dunno. This team plays down to it's competetion and SJ has no wins. They have ex-Penguins on their team. It's a West coast trip where they always perform terribly and SJ's goaltending is awful. Seems like an auto-loss to me.

This is me trying to watch Penguins games the last couple of seasons:

Yeah, I mean, I don't think any game is a guarantee in today's parity-driven NHL. I'd just be surprised (impressed, tbh) if they managed to lose.

But again, I'm rooting for it. I think it'd be the height of hilarity for where this team's found themselves to lose to a Sharks team that's been every bit as bad as their inaugural season's team was so far. :laugh:

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
But again, I'm rooting for it. I think it'd be the height of hilarity for where this team's found themselves to lose to a Sharks team that's been every bit as bad as their inaugural season's team was so far. :laugh:

Yeah but they'll put up a bunch of shots so that's a make-believe win which is something you can really hang your hat on. We'll get to hear more inspirational quotes about "trusting the process" and how the coach is so disappointed he might even scratch a fourth liner or go nuclear and swap Rust and Rakell.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
They lose in ugly fashion, heads will roll.

It’s honestly come down to an early November game against what may be one of the most historically awful teams in NHL history.

You have to think Sullivan knows this could be one of the bigger games of his career. It could be the beginning of the end.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
2 possible outcomes for this game :

1) They lose in regulation despite getting 50 shots on goal and a ton of PP opportunities
2) They struggle, look sloppy all game long, but somewhat get a lucky OT win

One things sure is, Sullivan doesn't get fired by any of these two outcomes

Reactions: Darren McCord

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It'd be damn near insulting for the team to use an early November game as a catalyst to fire Sullivan at this point. :laugh: Like @BlindWillyMcHurt alluding to scratching Carter, it'd be the correct choice and needed, but at this point it's like, what the f*** took you so long? This team's about to be six years removed from winning a playoff round, and with no worthwhile, NHL ready prospects and a team smattered with 36 year olds--again, feels insulting almost. Performative bullshit. :laugh:

But I think Sullivan's at least got the rest of this season before the team evaluates what to do.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens at 3-6 need to get in a couple wins here. Just sense they know they are not playing up to standards and also know Dubas even with cap space limitations will make deals to get things turned around. If Pens are in last place in the metro by the 20th game, Dubas will make a couple major moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad