Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
w=498

vs

baby-shark-fish.gif

dwminxmnywq4vaugydv3.jpg

The Penguins hit the road for a three-game road trip to California as they take on the San Jose Sharks at SAP Center tonight at 10:00 PM ET.

The game will be available to watch on SportsNet Pittsburgh and ESPN+.
Fans can listen to the game on the Penguins app and on 105.9 the X.

Team Records:
PIT (3-6-0)

SJS (0-9-1)

giphy.gif

Game Notes

The Penguins have wins in back-to-back visits to SAP Center. A win tonight would give them their first three-game winning streak in San Jose since Nov. 10, 1995-Oct. 22, 1997 (3-0-0).

Erik Karlsson returns to San Jose for the first time to play the team that hosted his talents for the past five seasons. In 293 games with the Sharks from 2018-23, Karlsson recorded 243 points (52G-191A) and led all Sharks defensemen in goals, assists and points. During his tenure in San Jose, Karlsson ranked first in assists, sixth in goals and fourth in points.

Karlsson led San Jose in assists in 2019.20 (34) and 2022.23 (76) and led all Sharks in points in 2022.23 (101). Karlsson was a two-time All-Star in San Jose (2018.19 and ‘22.23) and was named to the NHL First All-Star Team in 2023. He also won his third Norris Trophy as the NHL’s best defenseman after wrapping up his final season in a Sharks sweater last year.

Tonight, Sidney Crosby is set to appear in his 1,200th NHL game. In doing so, Crosby will become the first player in franchise history, 10th active player, and 129th player in NHL history to reach this milestone. Through 1,199 games, Crosby has recorded 1,512 points (555G-957A). Only four players in NHL history have more points than him at the time of their 1,200th game: Wayne Gretzky (2,543), Marcel Dionne (1,723), Jaromir Jagr (1,536), and Phil Esposito (1,526). Former Penguin and Hall-of-Famer Mario Lemieux recorded his 1,723 points in 915 games played.

Bryan Rust has gotten off to a hot start through nine games. Rust is tied for first on Pittsburgh with five goals, and his seven points (5G-2A) are tied for fourth on the Penguins behind Evgeni Malkin (11), Sidney Crosby (10) and Jake Guentzel (9).

Jake Guentzel enters tonight’s game one goal shy of becoming the eighth player in franchise history to notch 200 goals. He’s looking to join Mario Lemieux (690), Sidney Crosby (555), Evgeni Malkin (476), Jaromir Jagr (439), Jean Pronovost (316), Rick Kehoe (312) and Kevin Stevens (260) as the only players to accomplish such a feat with Pittsburgh.

One of Pittsburgh’s offseason pickups, Matt Nieto, enters tonight’s game one point shy of 200 in his career. Last season, Nieto split the 2022. 23 campaign between the San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche, recording 12 goals, 12 assists, 24 points and two game-winning goals in 81 games.

P.O Joseph is looking to appear in his 100th career NHL game. Last year, Joseph set career highs across the board in games played (75), goals (5), assists (16), points (21) and plus/minus (+8).

Big game tonight for Sid and Erik.
Go Pens!

200w.gif

Sharks are winless and scoring 1 goal a game. So we either are going to have a good day or get smoked! :laugh:

200w.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Pens will likely make Blackwood look like the second coming of Brodeur…have no doubt we’ll put up like 40+ shots to about 20 for the Sharks lol…Granlund and Rutta revenge tour: they both get two points for the Sharks…Pens lose 2-1 for the sharks first win of the season lol..Sullivan says afterwards that he liked our game and we deserved better…

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The Pens will likely make Blackwood look like the second coming of Brodeur…have no doubt we’ll put up like 40+ shots to about 20 for the Sharks lol…Granlund and Rutta revenge tour: they both get two points for the Sharks…Pens lose 2-1 for the sharks first win of the season lol..Sullivan says afterwards that he liked our game and we deserved better…
I miss Rutta. Hes exactly what we need on the 3rd pair. :cry:

akapidots

Jul 3, 2023
They win convincely or we must think Sully will be, at least, on the hot seat, right?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Would like verification on the poll?
So... getting traded from a team to a team and playing against the team (not even the one that drafted him (or he played the longest) is an equal challenge to playing 1200 games for the same club? :huh:

add:
ahhhhhhhh I get it, who HAS a bigger game.... yeah def EK... or not, they probably liked him... so both have a higher than average game tonight but nothing crazy expected (at this sullied point in time). :facepalm:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
What are the odds on Draft Kings or whatever of Granlund scoring a goal?

Whatever they are, I'd put some money down if I was a betting man.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm just in it for the lols at this point anyway. Hard not to think this team's season is basically already over and it's barely begun. These guys can't even claw their way back down a goal... imagining them ripping off a like 12-3 run in the standings is downright hilarious.
But we know they will, somehow, because ending up barely missing again is the worst possible outcome this season could have. :laugh:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Would like verification on the poll?
So... getting traded from a team to a team and playing against the team (not even the one that drafted him (or he played the longest) is an equal challenge to playing 1200 games for the same club? :huh:
200w.gif

giphy.gif

oddball-negative-waves.gif

Reactions: LOGiK

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
But we know they will, somehow, because ending up barely missing again is the worst possible outcome this season could have. :laugh:

I don't think so, man. Not this time. These guys have already put themselves well behind the eight ball and have shown no signs of learning anything from literally years of the same problems, now. There is little room or even want to change and the very best guys they have down on the farm don't just mostly-suck but are now injured.

Maybe Blomqvist becomes a story this year what with Jarry looking like sautéed cat barf out there. That'd be cool to see.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think so, man. Not this time. These guys have already put themselves well behind the eight ball and have shown no signs of learning anything from literally years of the same problems, now. There is little room or even want to change and the very best guys they have down on the farm don't just mostly-suck but are now injured.

Maybe Blomqvist becomes a story this year what with Jarry looking like sautéed cat barf out there. That'd be cool to see.
Idk…I think sauteed cat barf is probably better but I’m just guessing …

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Oh, I agree. I just also think they'll even find a way to fumble losing correctly. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad