TV: Game of Thrones | Series Finale - II

Did you like the finale?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's Sunday! Is anyone else tuning in for the Episode 7 that we should've gotten?

Seriously, HBO is showing a 2-hour documentary, "Game of Thrones: The Last Watch," in GoT's time slot, so that may ease withdrawal symptoms a little.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Other than that's where he wants to be anyways. The entire premise with the final meeting was beyond silly. Tyrion ran the show, Sansa pulls the North out and nobody cares.

Talk about a rigged game. Lol. It was s bunch of patsies with Tyrion and Sansa calling the shots. I did get s chuckle from Edmure though....

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's Sunday! Is anyone else tuning in for the Episode 7 that we should've gotten?

Seriously, HBO is showing a 2-hour documentary, "Game of Thrones: The Last Watch," in GoT's time slot, so that may ease withdrawal symptoms a little.

I do plan to watch it either tonight or tomorrow. Should be interesting considering they said this season was a nightmare to film.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Or it may piss people off even more.:laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I was talking about the finale with a few friends yesterday. The two guys in their 30s hated it, the 50-something guy and I liked it. Based on a sample size of four, I've concluded that the finale was written for a more mature audience.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was talking about the finale with a few friends yesterday. The two guys in their 30s hated it, the 50-something guy and I liked it. Based on a sample size of four, I've concluded that the finale was written for a more mature audience.

I'd like to learn the margin of error involved in that study (one person? half a person?), but, otherwise, it seems fairly conclusive. To add to that, I voted that I liked the episode and I happen to be one of the most mature people here, so that checks out ;).

Reactions: Lshap

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I can appreciate a sappy ending where things work out and the favorites get what they deserve. This wasn't billed as Stargate though. If everyone knew going in that this is what we could expect in terms of writing ability, pacing and story, there would be less criticism.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018

I agree, I think they were catering to the audience that has already forgotten seasons 1-6.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
What is everyone’s single favorite episode?

I think “Winds of Winter” is tops for me.

I do not have a favourite episode. A lot of really strong "fragments" scattered among many different episodes. Appreciate scenes with smart dialogue, guys like Varys, Tywin, Tyrion.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The showrunners wrote most of the Varys and LF stuff. It’s show original

Most of that was in the earlier seasons, which I don't think anybody has much of an issue with. I think most of my favorite episodes were in the first 4-5 seasons. The last few seasons have had some really awesome moments (Battle of the Bastards, the loot train battle, Tower of Joy, etc.) but the overall quality was more uneven than the earlier seasons.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Most of that was in the earlier seasons, which I don't think anybody has much of an issue with. I think most of my favorite episodes were in the first 4-5 seasons. The last few seasons have had some really awesome moments (Battle of the Bastards, the loot train battle, Tower of Joy, etc.) but the overall quality was more uneven than the earlier seasons.

A lot of people keep pointing to the show outpacing the books as the point where the overall quality dipped and I think that's true. Not having GRRM's narrative to fall back on put a lot on the shoulders of D & D and it was a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad