TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part X -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He very well could have, but that quote is pretty ambiguous. And wouldnt he have told him before he ran into a bunch of white walkers?

I'm sure Benjen swore not to tell anyone - including Jon - so I'm not sure what White Walkers have to do with it

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I'm sure Benjen swore not to tell anyone - including Jon - so I'm not sure what White Walkers have to do with it
I mean when Benjen saves Jon in season 7 before he runs into a horde of zombies presumably to his death, he doesnt spill the beans then? Like a deathbed confessional. But hes dropping hints in episode 1?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
For what it's worth, I do believe Ned told Benjen about Jon's lineage

1:26 "You might, if you knew what it meant"

I'd say it's more of a he always suspected but never needed to ask thing. Ned-Lyanna-Benjen were siblings and grew up together, they'd know each other better than anyone.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Everyone seems so sure Sam is gonna live because he will write the history of everything that happened, but what are the odds he gets killed over what he knows? Like Dany and Jon kill the Night King and kill Cersei and have a kid and everyone is happy and the kingdom is at peace and Sam shows up with the incest news and Tyrion or Varys offs him to keep the peace.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Isnt it official that the ending will be bittersweet? People keep bringing up happy ending possibilities but I thought that was a 0% chance thing

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Isnt it official that the ending will be bittersweet? People keep bringing up happy ending possibilities but I thought that was a 0% chance thing
Bittersweet means there will be happy parts of it though, it's just that it won't be all happy. People bring up happy ending about specific characters, which surely some characters will be better off than others.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I've always kind of thought it would end with the "good guys" winning, but taking such heavy losses that by the end they're completely broken.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Bittersweet means there will be happy parts of it though, it's just that it won't be all happy. People bring up happy ending about specific characters, which surely some characters will be better off than others.

Correct it does mean it wont be a happy ending, hence the why all the happy endings

For the record, a couple of people dying in victory is not bittersweet

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Correct it does mean it wont be a happy ending, hence the why all the happy endings

For the record, a couple of people dying in victory is not bittersweet
No, but for example Jon and Dany both surviving and ending up ruling Westeros at the cost of a devastated Westeros where most of the main characters have died would be. That's a "happy ending" because the good side won and an outcome people want happened, but at the same time is sad because of what it cost to happen. Bittersweet means a mix of happy and sad parts.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I mean when Benjen saves Jon in season 7 before he runs into a horde of zombies presumably to his death, he doesnt spill the beans then? Like a deathbed confessional. But hes dropping hints in episode 1?
Lol you mean when he literally just says, "Go!" or some such and then fights the horde 1.5 seconds later.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014

Pretty much, what I have read but its HBO and Hollywood. Can guarantee a white guy wont sit on the thrown since Hollywood is still hamfisting woman empowerment. They cut out book subplots to get a dickless guy laid if you need any proof. Got a couple predictions on how the show will end my self and a woman does "win" the "game of thrones".

Daenerys will be queen but Snow will die in a self sacrificing way. Thus losing her true love and goes on to be the mad queen.

Cersei will miscarry and blame "Tyrion" for ripping the family apart in her last moments. Dies shortly after due to medical complications. Thus fulfilling the prophecy in a GRRM type of way. This will be during or after the big battle.

Tyrion will betray Snow and Daenerys somehow and be exiled after the big battle by the mad queen, with lots of wine.

Arya will get Sansa killed accidently and truly become faceless.

Hound will die trying to save a Stark girl.

Theon will be warden of the North. But his sister and uncle die in the process and wont be able to produce and heir.

Jamie Lannister will kill the night king while dying in the process. He will be remembered fondly as a king killer instead of a bad light.

Brann will live but be stuck in the tree as the 3 eyed crow.

Sam will live with Gilly but never makes it in time to tell snow his true name. Only Brann knows and keeps it a secret.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Pretty much, what I have read but its HBO and Hollywood. Can guarantee a white guy wont sit on the thrown since Hollywood is still hamfisting woman empowerment. They cut out book subplots to get a dickless guy laid if you need any proof. Got a couple predictions on how the show will end my self and a woman does "win" the "game of thrones".
Women in place of power or becoming powerful has been part of GOT since before it was a TV show.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Only a few days away, so for fun let's see who everyone thinks will survive Season 8. We can look back after and see who was right.

Live or die:

Jon Snow:
Sansa Stark:
Arya Stark:
Bran Stark:
Lyanna Mormont:
Brienne of Tarth:
Davos Seaworth:
Podrick Payne:
Meera Reed:
Gendry:
Tyrion Lannister:
Cersei Lannister:
Jamie Lannister:
Bronn:
Qyburn:
Gregor Clegane (The Mountain):
Sandor Clegane (The Hound):
Daenerys Targaryen:
Jorah Mormont:
Varys:
Grey Worm:
Missandei:
Daario Naharis:
Theon Greyjoy:
Euron Greyjoy:
Yara Greyjoy:
Robin Arryn:
Edmure Tully:
Samwel Tarly:
Gilly:
Baby Sam:
Tormund Giantsbane:
Melisandre:
The Night King:

I think I got everyone of at least semi-importance. Feel free to say how you think they will die or what will happen to them. Some we may never know the fate.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Jon Snow: Dies saving Dany
Sansa Stark: Dies during the battle of Winterfell
Arya Stark: Lives
Bran Stark: Lives his life out as the 3 eyed Raven in a tree
Lyanna Mormont: Lives
Brienne of Tarth: Dies trying to protect the Stark girls
Davos Seaworth: Lives
Podrick Payne: Lives
Meera Reed: Don't see her again
Gendry: Dies in battle
Tyrion Lannister: Lives, but I think he will betray Dany in some way. At least one Lannister will survive
Cersei Lannister: Dies in the final episode by Dragon fire
Jamie Lannister: Dies as a hero doing something to sacrifice himself
Bronn: Lives
Qyburn: Dies painfully
Gregor Clegane (The Mountain): Dies fighting his brother
Sandor Clegane (The Hound): Dies fighting his brother
Daenerys Targaryen: Lives to rule the 7 kingdoms
Jorah Mormont: Dies protecting his queen
Varys: Lives
Grey Worm: Dies protecting Missandei
Missandei: Lives
Daario Naharis: Not sure how much we'll see of him but lives
Theon Greyjoy: Lives
Euron Greyjoy: Dies
Yara Greyjoy: Dies
Robin Arryn: Don't know if we see him again, but if we do he dies
Edmure Tully: Don't think we'll see him again
Samwel Tarly: Lives
Gilly: Lives
Baby Sam: Lives
Tormund Giantsbane: Dies helping Brienne
Melisandre: Dies, maybe taking her own life
The Night King: Jon Snow will take him down

I think ultimately Dany ends up in Kings Landing and kills Cersei.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Only a few days away, so for fun let's see who everyone thinks will survive Season 8. We can look back after and see who was right.

Live or die:

Jon Snow: Live
Sansa Stark: Live
Arya Stark: Die
Bran Stark: Live
Lyanna Mormont: Live
Brienne of Tarth: Live
Davos Seaworth: Die
Podrick Payne: Die
Meera Reed: Die
Gendry: Live
Tyrion Lannister: Live
Cersei Lannister: Die
Jamie Lannister: Die
Bronn: Live
Qyburn: Die
Gregor Clegane (The Mountain): Die
Sandor Clegane (The Hound): Die
Daenerys Targaryen: Live
Jorah Mormont: Die
Varys: Die
Grey Worm: Die
Missandei: Live
Daario Naharis: Live
Theon Greyjoy: Live
Euron Greyjoy: Die
Yara Greyjoy: Die
Robin Arryn: Live
Edmure Tully: Die
Samwel Tarly: Live
Gilly: Live
Baby Sam: Live
Tormund Giantsbane: Die
Melisandre: Die
The Night King: Die

I think I got everyone of at least semi-importance. Feel free to say how you think they will die or what will happen to them. Some we may never know the fate.

Reactions: Tuggy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Live or die:

(I put N/A where I didn't think they would appear at all. Assume they will live I guess.)

Jon Snow: Dies. Some kind of last stand where he saves a bunch of guys by remaining behind.
Sansa Stark: Lives. She is the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.
Arya Stark: Dies. After Jamie is presumed dead, he appears but it's really Arya and she assassinates Cersei. Maybe she's in a bed or something where her height doesn't matter. She is then killed by the Mountain, who is later killed by Sandor.
Bran Stark: Lives.
Lyanna Mormont: Lives.
Brienne of Tarth: Lives. Serves as the Commander of the Queensguard.
Davos Seaworth: Lives.
Podrick Payne: Lives.
Meera Reed: Lives.
Gendry: Lives but has no interest in being King.
Tyrion Lannister: Lives. Serves as Queen's Hand.
Cersei Lannister: Dies. Killed by Arya in Jamie's face.
Jamie Lannister: Dies.
Bronn: N/A
Qyburn: Dies. Burns to death in green fire. Maybe related to Clegane Bowl and Sandor's fear of fire.
Gregor Clegane (The Mountain): Dies. Clegane Bowl.
Sandor Clegane (The Hound): Dies. Clegane Bowl.
Daenerys Targaryen: Dies heroically on the back of her dragon avenging Jon.
Jorah Mormont: Dies. Earlier, saving Dany.
Varys: Lives.
Grey Worm: Dies.
Missandei: Lives.
Daario Naharis: N/A
Theon Greyjoy: Dies. Kills Euron but gets killed.
Euron Greyjoy: Dies. Gloats and dies at Theon's hand.
Yara Greyjoy: Lives.
Robin Arryn: N/A
Edmure Tully: N/A
Samwell Tarly: Lives.
Gilly: Lives.
Baby Sam: Lives.
Tormund Giantsbane: Dies. Some battle.
Melisandre: Dies. Gruesomely somehow.
The Night King: Dies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Like some other's, I believe the show is symbolic for our main current issue, the white walkers represent the climate change which we humans/all the current and passed GoT players in theory assisted in creating. I also believe that greed and selfishness will win out over common sense and good (as we see routinely these days) in the real world and in GoT
so I expect the current GoT players to continue to backstab each other, not being able to come together as they should with inevitably the white walkers taking care of everyone...a symbolic world reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad