TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VIII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyone else think something happened with Tyrion and Cersi. "You're pregnant" was the last line we heard before it cut away. Then we find out Cersi was going to help (but was really lying)

Maybe her and Tyrion made some sort of deal that Cersi will somehow twist into backfiring against Tyrion/Dani??

Rewatching the episode now. Between that scene and Tyrion outside Danys room on the boat, I think we might be about to see him betray Dany and join Cersei.

But I'm not sure where or what that does for Jamies story arc.

To add to Jamie. As much as I like his character and would have hated for it to happen, I really think the show should have had The Mountain kill him last night. Would have been a huge game change type of moment, and also probably the most unsuspecting major character death of the entire series.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Prediction time!

As previously mentioned, Jaime is almost certainly going to run into Melisandre as he heads north. I don't think he qualifies as having "king's blood" running through his veins, so I'm not sure what exactly their connection will be. Perhaps she'll have him see something in the fire that causes him to go back to King's Landing. This could tie into my earlier theory of Cersei making a pact with the Night King which somehow involves their child

Daario is going to pose as a solider in the Golden Company's army after he learns of their impending departure to Westeros and rightfully assume they're off to battle Dany

Or, perhaps he'll assemble a small team to take out as many soldiers and ships before he's ultimately captured and killed by Euron. It would be pretty cool to see what type of sick ways Euron has thought up to torture and kill people from his boat

Tyrion's look towards the end may have been one of regret since Cersei can't be trusted

Now that Cersei has an heir, he knows she'll do anything she can to ensure her child one day sits atop the Iron Throne

Oh, and is Jaime's gold hand going to be used for anything?

The only thing I can think of is it'll be used to push out the piece of dragon glass inside the Night King's chest

I could see also see Gendry removing the hand and rigging something up so Jaime can wield a blade with his right arm

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think Jamie meets up with Brianne and they head to Winterfell. That should be interesting in itself.

... and no way do i think Tyrion will betray Dany or go to the other side. He believes in Dany and knows his sister is a ****ing nut job psychopath that could kill him at any moment. He might of made some sort of deal...

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't really see a big plan for Jamie. He goes to join his brother in Winterfell and help.

He could still somehow end up killing Mad Queen Cersi.

Also theres no way NK would make a deal with anyone... although the whole Cersi gives him her baby is intriguing. We've seen the NK turn a baby before but I don't think thats their big quest.. to find babies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Just watched the finale, sorry if this has been answered already, but why is Viserys Targaryen actually Rhaegar Targaryen and Jon's father?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Isn't it going to be pretty easy to kill NK's dragon. Get some Dragon Glass spears or have Dany's other two dragons burn it. Ya know since Fire and DG kill wights

iVWgwoq.png

TctV1jM.png

Unless its somehow a WhiteWalker dragon, because NK turned him into a WW

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I got that impression too. Like Tyrion agreed to sacrifice himself or something. Like, come fight with us and once the war against the dead is done, I'll deliver myself back to you, for you to execute as you wish.

But then if she's immediately going back on that, that probably wasn't the deal. So, I dunno.

I think he told her to lie and he knows she is going to betray them all. The sad part is that I think he agreed not to tell his queen. He might even have agreed to be in on the betrayal.

He might have agreed to kill Jon.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think he told her to lie and he knows she is going to betray them all. The sad part is that I think he agreed not to tell his queen. He might even have agreed to be in on the betrayal.

He might have agreed to kill Jon.

Jokes on him, R'hllor will just bring him back again.:sarcasm:

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Just watched the finale, sorry if this has been answered already, but why is Viserys Targaryen actually Rhaegar Targaryen and Jon's father?

Not the same actor. I think practically everyone who did know about the casting also thought that was the same guy who played Viserys; they looked so much alike. The actor who plays Rhaegar is Wilf Scolding.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Isn't it going to be pretty easy to kill NK's dragon. Get some Dragon Glass spears or have Dany's other two dragons burn it. Ya know since Fire and DG kill wights

iVWgwoq.png

TctV1jM.png

Unless its somehow a WhiteWalker dragon, because NK turned him into a WW

He touches the WW's. He just raises his arms for wights.

So it would make sense that it is a WW.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
So if Jon doesn't get all jumpy about the threat beyond the wall, gifting the NK a dragon in the process, how would the NK bring down the wall? Seems to me that, despite the NK army, it wasn't that hard to defend from behind the wall.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Not the same actor. I think practically everyone who did know about the casting also thought that was the same guy who played Viserys; they looked so much alike. The actor who plays Rhaegar is Wilf Scolding.

Holy crap. Ok. They made him look exactly like that **** bird Viserys. I was completely fooled :laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's truly amazing that the guy who pushed Bran out of a window in episode 1 because he spotted him ****ing his sister is now one of the most noble and honorable people on the show. Jaime always had that hint of shame about his reputation and things he had done, but it never really emerged fully until the Brienne arc.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
It's truly amazing that the guy who pushed Bran out of a window in episode 1 because he spotted him ****ing his sister is now one of the most noble and honorable people on the show. Jaime always had that hint of shame about his reputation and things he had done, but it never really emerged fully until the Brienne arc.

Yep, that scene in the bath house was awesome.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL

I think his character evolution has been awesome. One of my favorite characters now. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is awesome

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Ned's disgust at Robert for still wanting to kill anyone with a Targaryen name even almost 20 years later has a lot of added weight with the revelations from the last two seasons about Jon and his parents actual story. " but yea can't get your hands on this one can yea?" has a whole new meaning when you know he's protecting one of them.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Prediction time!

As previously mentioned, Jaime is almost certainly going to run into Melisandre as he heads north. I don't think he qualifies as having "king's blood" running through his veins, so I'm not sure what exactly their connection will be. Perhaps she'll have him see something in the fire that causes him to go back to King's Landing. This could tie into my earlier theory of Cersei making a pact with the Night King which somehow involves their child

Daario is going to pose as a solider in the Golden Company's army after he learns of their impending departure to Westeros and rightfully assume they're off to battle Dany

Or, perhaps he'll assemble a small team to take out as many soldiers and ships before he's ultimately captured and killed by Euron. It would be pretty cool to see what type of sick ways Euron has thought up to torture and kill people from his boat

Tyrion's look towards the end may have been one of regret since Cersei can't be trusted

Now that Cersei has an heir, he knows she'll do anything she can to ensure her child one day sits atop the Iron Throne

Oh, and is Jaime's gold hand going to be used for anything?

The only thing I can think of is it'll be used to push out the piece of dragon glass inside the Night King's chest

I could see also see Gendry removing the hand and rigging something up so Jaime can wield a blade with his right arm

Interesting theory, and it would be some pretty crazy foreshadowing that the Kingslayer is the one who slays the Night King. It could be the only way that GRRM finishes the arc without sacrificing Jon Snow (although I still think Jon will ultimately die for Dany/Their child)

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
IF Tyrion is/has betrayed Dany, I think it's only so that he can betray Cersei even worse. "The ends justifies the means" type of thing, but he feels bad about having to do whatever he feels he has to do to Dany in the process. He knows the "good guys" are going to be pissed at him, but he has to sell it so he can get close enough to Cersei to kill her.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ned's disgust at Robert for still wanting to kill anyone with a Targaryen name even almost 20 years later has a lot of added weight with the revelations from the last two seasons about Jon and his parents actual story. " but yea can't get your hands on this one can yea?" has a whole new meaning when you know he's protecting one of them.

After all these years this is still one of my favourite scenes of the series. You can also see how uncomfortable need is when he lies to Robert about Jons mom haha.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Regarding the LF trial I believe it was more of a mock trial to lure LF there. Believing it would be Arya executed and a sign that he had gained a new puppet in Sansa, LF couldn't resist watching his handiwork being carried out. Before the trap for LF I think there was already a previous secret trial of Bran just blurting out what LF had been doing to the leaders of the bannermen in Winterfell (and Bran probably told them things that only they could know so they knew that Bran wasn't lying). That's why no one in that room wanted to hear LF's side as they already knew what he did. LF probably didn't fight back because he could tell everyone knew and that trying to lie his way out would have ended up with him being dead sooner. So he tried to grovel and beg hoping for mercy. Obviously didn't happen and it was a satisfying end for me, the one who looked most like Ned in the room ending his life with the same knife that sent Ned to the executioners block in Kings Landing.

Why didn't LF have a few people loyal to him in the room? Probably because Sansa played her part well in convincing him that he didn't need any paid off soldiers there just in case. He was so confident he'd be walking out of the room on the path to being the Warden of the North that he didn't have a clue everyone in there wanted him dead.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
IF Tyrion is/has betrayed Dany, I think it's only so that he can betray Cersei even worse. "The ends justifies the means" type of thing, but he feels bad about having to do whatever he feels he has to do to Dany in the process. He knows the "good guys" are going to be pissed at him, but he has to sell it so he can get close enough to Cersei to kill her.

Yeah, I think he betrayed Dany. I also think he is going to switch back somewhere later in season 8

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
So Arya has Littlefingers face now. Is she gonna use it and go back to Kings Landing? Because that would be kind of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad