TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VIII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Ayra would tear him up.
No one would fight in his honor.

Even if there was someone in that room who would fight for him, and that's a big if since he isn't well liked, who would volunteer to fight the assassin who was beating Brienne of Tarth in a sparing session?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Even if there was someone in that room who would fight for him, and that's a big if since he isn't well liked, who would volunteer to fight the assassin who was beating Brienne of Tarth in a sparing session?

How many people saw Arya sparring with Brienne?

It actually could have been a pretty good scene if Littlefinger demanded a trial by combat, then Sansa appointed Arya as her champion, and then many people laughed and some Vale knight fought for Littlefinger, then Arya killed him in a nano second.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

It actually could have been a pretty good scene if Littlefinger demanded a trial by combat, then Sansa appointed Arya as her champion, and then many people laughed and some Vale knight fought for Littlefinger, then Arya killed him in a nano second.

Why would a Vale knight even fight for Littlefinger? They follow Lord Royce who I'm sure was quick to support Sansa as soon as he was told this trial was going down.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Ayra would tear him up.
No one would fight in his honor.

I thought maybe he'd pull one more trick out from his sleeve with maybe being able to find someone to fight for him.

But i'm happy with this death. LF finally got GOT!! his reaction upon realizing it was over him was fantastic

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Ned's disgust at Robert for still wanting to kill anyone with a Targaryen name even almost 20 years later has a lot of added weight with the revelations from the last two seasons about Jon and his parents actual story. " but yea can't get your hands on this one can yea?" has a whole new meaning when you know he's protecting one of them.

Maybe my favourite character on the show still, his story-line was just perfectly executed. He was basically the hero you would expect in this type of story: honorable, brave and just. But those things don't keep you alive in this world and his death sent the perfect message about what this show was going to be.

Of course it's harder to do have characters story-lines work out so well when they span across many seasons, but I don't think many characters on the show have been so flawlessly portrayed (Oberyn was pretty damn good though).

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Maybe my favourite character on the show still, his story-line was just perfectly executed. He was basically the hero you would expect in this type of story: honorable, brave and just. But those two things don't keep you alive in this world and his death sent the perfect message about what this show was going to be.

Of course it's harder to do have characters story-lines work out so well when they span across many seasons, but I don't think many characters on the show have been so flawlessly portrayed (Oberyn was pretty damn good though).

It really helps as well though that Ned had as much screen time in one season than most characters except the core main cast have had in the entire show. Before season 6 he was still 5th or 6th in screen time.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

Would have been one more toetag for Ayra,then kill LF lol

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I thought maybe he'd pull one more trick out from his sleeve with maybe being able to find someone to fight for him.

But i'm happy with this death. LF finally got GOT!! his reaction upon realizing it was over him was fantastic

His snot nose crying was sweet music to my ears..
I'd have liked a trial by battle just to see Ayra tune up someone and kill LF too.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Why would a Vale knight even fight for Littlefinger? They follow Lord Royce who I'm sure was quick to support Sansa as soon as he was told this trial was going down.

Wasn't Littlefinger specifically the Lord of the Vale? Wasn't it Littlefinger specifically that brought the Vale to the North? Why would the knights of the Vale just trust that Bran can really see through time?

Would have been a cool scene, is all I'm saying. Instead of the Arya vs Brienne scene, just use the trial by combat as a way to show how badass Arya is.

We've seen trial by combat used a few times to get people out of jams. Couldn't we say the same about Tyrion when he was a prisoner in the Vale? "Who on earth would have fought for Tyrion against the best Vale knight?"

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It really helps as well though that Ned had as much screen time in one season than most characters except the core main cast have had in the entire show. Before season 6 he was still 5th or 6th in screen time.

Wow, I didn't realize that. Makes sense though since the cast was smaller and less spread out at that point than it ended up being after a few seasons.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I really enjoyed the scene of the snowflakes falling on Kings Landing.

I think it would have been a stronger ending to the season then the wall falling.

Apr 28, 2010
Hmm.. do you guys think maybe Tyrion knows exactly what he's doing when he proposed to bring the dead to Cersei? He knows Jon's character. He knows he would go there himself and not send people. Maybe he's trying out things to get him killed?

I also remember him trying to stop Dany from rescuing them.

Maybe thats why he had that look on his face when Jon/Dany were banging each other.

Dude's probably jealous af and is totally in love with the mother of dragons.

I feel like he's going to betray them and join his sister. He seemed different after he found out about his sister's pregnancy. They probably had a 'hey maybe this is not the end for the lannisters, lets build on this' kinda moment.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
You guys are funny,

One of the shows best and actually honest characters are going to turn on Jon and Dany. It would be as bad as Cersei playing nice with everyone.

People need to realize there are six episodes left. Not much time for this stuff and so many people to kill off.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Millions. It's a popular show.

Well what I don't get is the Vale's support for him in the first place. I mean they've supporter Littlefinger all this time and then all of a sudden they pull their support? I assume Sansa and Bran told Royce what the deal was and he bought it otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well what I don't get is the Vale's support for him in the first place. I mean they've supporter Littlefinger all this time and then all of a sudden they pull their support? I assume Sansa and Bran told Royce what the deal was and he bought it otherwise it doesn't make sense.

It's always been soft support. They were going blame him for Lysa Arryn's death before Sansa stepped in. He was named Lord Protector of the Vale in a marriage agreement with Lysa. He retains that title even though she died, but he was never popular in the Vale even being from there. Is he popular anywhere really?:laugh:

No one in that entire room but Littlefinger looked surprised when Sansa said his name. They had to all be in on it and know what he was being accused of already.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You guys are funny,

One of the shows best and actually honest characters are going to turn on Jon and Dany. It would be as bad as Cersei playing nice with everyone.

People need to realize there are six episodes left. Not much time for this stuff and so many people to kill off.

I think it's likely that he told Cersei to just tell Daenerys/Jon what they wanted to hear, and Tyrion knows she is going to betray them but he went along with it. It's a pretty big stretch to suggest Tyrion is plotting to kill one of Daenerys or Jon though...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think Jamie should've died and the final scene should've been snowfall on King's Landing. It would've been perfect. The NK dragon scene was awesome but I felt like the quiet, somber snowfall after all of that would've been a lot more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->