TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VIII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Man, so much stuff to tie up but they just didn't bother.

Like:
- Payoff for Sam stealing the Tarly Valerian steel sword? Randyll didn't even seem to notice. Now Sam and Bran are this super "let's look up everything" service to the audience. Sword or Gilly don't matter.
- Elaria is in KL, left to die in a dungeon with her daughter. But what about Dorne? They still have an army, no? Who rules them? Why don't they matter for the the battle North?
- Arya kills the Freys. Who holds the Twins? They still have an army, no? Who rules them? Why don't they matter for the the battle North?
- Highgarden is destroyed / conquered by the Lannisters. Do they hold the Reach? Storm's End?

I also smell a bad happy ending: The offspring of Dany and Jon will get married to Cersei's child, to "break the wheel" and "protect the realm". (Whether Cersei will still be able to witness this is still up.) Provided they manage to kill the NK.

Speaking of the NK, I'm gonna root for this dude. Maybe he's even Azor Ahai.

Randyll is dead
Dorne army was lost when Euron's fleet attacked I assume
Tully's are likely to take control of the Riverlands I imagine with the Freys out of the picture.
Yes

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This pretty much confirms that the Night King is a greenseer just like Bran right? His plan from day 1 of this series has always been to get a Dragon to take down that wall. And he knew exactly when and where he was going to get that dragon.

Yeah there are pretty big hints that he is. Bloodraven, Bran and him are the only ones we see be "active" in a vision. Bran created the Hodor mess and we see him scream "father" at young Ned and Ned turns. The NK turns his head during a vision, starring at Bran. His entire army turns at the same time. He even touches Bran in the vision. Later the NK breaks Bran's control over the raven flock flying over his army.

We all were wondering why the wights didn't throw spears or rocks at the Fantastic Seven trapped on the island in episode 6. Well, it seems like the NK was waiting for Dany to arrive to get his dragon. So he's either a tremendous strategist and/or has visions too.

There is a theory on the NK (I'll put in spoilers just to be safe):
[spoil]... that the NK is a greenseer turned NK to control the WW. So the CoF created the WW with magic to protect themselves against the humans. Later the CoF and humans made a truce but the WW were still roaming and killing. So they created the NK with dragonglass in order to have him control the WW and end the war a couple thousand years ago. Now he's back for whatever reason. Running from something himself? Or maybe he thinks it's his time now? Azor Ahai hype?[/spoil]

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Anyone else think that Melisandre (the red priestess) will be back for Season 8?

I think this is pretty obvious. In a scene with Varys at Dragonstone she said something like "I leave now but will come back one more time because I have to die here, same as you" if I remember correctly.

She'll probably play a role against the NK and sacrifice herself.

Don't think though that Jamie will run into Melisandre on his way to wherever. Why should he? She's on another continent right now.

Also: Does someone know if anything season 8 related has been leaked so far? Sometimes you stumble upon things and I wonder if they could possibly be based on reliable sources or if everything you read currently must be pulled out of someone's ass?

I managed quite well to get around the S7 spoilers (aside from a few as "theories" disguised spoilers like the wall coming down at the end of the season but then again this was quite predictable even without any theories or spoilers...) and don't want to her anything about S8 for as long as possible.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Pretty sure that this will end with someone killing the Night King and thereby killing off the entire army of the dead.

They good guys probably get their ***** handed to them on the battlefield , ice dragon eating all the Dorthraki and unsullied ect. And then Jon/Aegon hands out a desperate challenge for some dragon rider on dragon rider combat?

Or Arya going faceless as a wight and sneaking up and putting a piece of dragonglass in his back?

Anyways, the night king dies and the entire of the army of the dead crumbles and Cercei attacks with the golden company and Jamie slays her.. after she has given birth. Also the hound the comes a long and somehow kills his brother.

Jamie then marries Sansa so she gets her golden prince and an adopted Lannister baby.

The end, roll credits.

I think youre mostly right here except I dont see the baby playing a role. I cant see season 7 lasting more then a couple months. The NKs army is on the move south. They can walk to Kings Landing in that time, which is where I see the climax happening.

The unborn baby may play a role in Jaimes decision on what to do about Cersei though. Thats a wrinkle I had not anticipated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->