TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VIII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My wife loves Cersei. Always has.

Cersei's biggest motivator has always been her love for her children. Hard not to relate to that on some level if you're a mother, too.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Her children are her motivator so she can kill how many innocent people as a result? No.

I don't really see a big plan for Jamie. He goes to join his brother in Winterfell and help.

He could still somehow end up killing Mad Queen Cersi.

Also theres no way NK would make a deal with anyone... although the whole Cersi gives him her baby is intriguing. We've seen the NK turn a baby before but I don't think thats their big quest.. to find babies.

Yeah, but like I said last night, why would they ever trust Jaime? Even if he tells them Cersei's plan, how do they know he's telling the truth until it happens? They have no reason to trust him until he joins them fighting the White Walkers. How do they get there though? Even still how do they trust him afterwards? Just not realistic for me.

It's always been soft support. They were going blame him for Lysa Arryn's death before Sansa stepped in. He was named Lord Protector of the Vale in a marriage agreement with Lysa. He retains that title even though she died, but he was never popular in the Vale even being from there. Is he popular anywhere really?:laugh:

No one in that entire room but Littlefinger looked surprised when Sansa said his name. They had to all be in on it and know what he was being accused of already.

They were going to blame him? Why didn't they do it then? What were they waiting for?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think it's likely that he told Cersei to just tell Daenerys/Jon what they wanted to hear, and Tyrion knows she is going to betray them but he went along with it. It's a pretty big stretch to suggest Tyrion is plotting to kill one of Daenerys or Jon though...

It's possible she made Tyrion some other promise or deal. What benefit is it for Tyrion to have Dany and Jon get what they want to hear if he knows it's not true.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They were going to blame him? Why didn't they do it then? What were they waiting for?

They were interrogating him. They had assumed he shoved her out the moon door, but Sansa's testimony convinced them otherwise.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's possible she made Tyrion some other promise or deal. What benefit is it for Tyrion to have Dany and Jon get what they want to hear if he knows it's not true.

Daenerys goes to help fight the army of the dead. That entire meeting wasn't about getting Lannister troops, that would be a bonus, it was about Cersei standing down so Daenerys could leave and head north.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sad we probably won't see wild fire used on the army of the dead. Of course after that ridiculousness where the polar bear was on fire but not affected it probably doesn't matter.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
As for Tyrion, when he was watching Jon go to Dany's room, I think in part it was because he like everyone else didn't know Jon had bent the knee to Dany until he revealed it in the dragon pit.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Anyone else think that Melisandre (the red priestess) will be back for Season 8?

I hope so.

I would like to find out why she knew about "You know nothing Jon Snow", or do we just assume she saw it in the fire or something?

We also need some king of explanation of how the Lord of Light magic even works, since presumably that god doesn't actually exist in that world.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As for Tyrion, when he was watching Jon go to Dany's room, I think in part it was because he like everyone else didn't know Jon had bent the knee to Dany until he revealed it in the dragon pit.

He was really pissed he did that, and I think it is safe to say he partly did it because he was in love with her.

This long thing caused people to make rash choices and he knows it.

I do think he promised Cersei something. She wanted something out of Tyrion, or why even bother meeting him? He rightly pointed that out too.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Isn't it going to be pretty easy to kill NK's dragon. Get some Dragon Glass spears or have Dany's other two dragons burn it. Ya know since Fire and DG kill wights

Well dragons are immune to fire so I think a dead one would be pretty hard to kill.

Littlefinger's story arc has left me a little unsatisfied

He was supposed to be a cunning strategist who's always a few moves ahead of his opponents

So, as someone said earlier, why would he allow himself to be vulnerable in Wintefell when he could hangout in the Vale?

The only explanation is that he really did love Sansa and thought he had a shot with her, which ultimately clouded his judgment

But even then, as Sansa said, he betrays those he loves if it means gaining greater influence, so it's hard to believe he would've thought the risk/reward with Sansa was worth it

Littlefinger hasnt had much screen-time since he left Kings Landing. His character was just butchered.

As previously mentioned, Jaime is almost certainly going to run into Melisandre as he heads north. I don't think he qualifies as having "king's blood" running through his veins, so I'm not sure what exactly their connection will be. Perhaps she'll have him see something in the fire that causes him to go back to King's Landing. This could tie into my earlier theory of Cersei making a pact with the Night King which somehow involves their child

I would bet big money that the Night King unfortunately never makes it as far as Kings Landing where Cersei will be staying for the rest of the show.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I thought this was one of the worst GOT episodes I've seen.

I can't really describe it, but there's just something about the dialog and the way the the story flowed. It's been like that for the past few episodes but this one was the worst offender.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Littlefinger hasnt had much screen-time since he left Kings Landing. His character was just butchered.

Agreed, LF was a great character when he was dwelling in King's Landing in the middle of main politics, the same can be said for Varys. As soon as they left KL their characters were indeed butchered.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Anyone else think that Melisandre (the red priestess) will be back for Season 8?

Yes. She hinted strongly to Dany she would be back. I think she's gone back to Volantis to recruit an army of Red Priests to fight in the War for the Dawn (which every one of them has constantly told us is the only war that matters)

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Agreed, LF was a great character when he was dwelling in King's Landing in the middle of main politics, the same can be said for Varys. As soon as they left KL their characters were indeed butchered.

Nah he was fine in the Vale, but his arc went straight down the drain in Season 5 and they never were able to salvage it.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Pretty sure that this will end with someone killing the Night King and thereby killing off the entire army of the dead.

They good guys probably get their ***** handed to them on the battlefield , ice dragon eating all the Dorthraki and unsullied ect. And then Jon/Aegon hands out a desperate challenge for some dragon rider on dragon rider combat?

Or Arya going faceless as a wight and sneaking up and putting a piece of dragonglass in his back?

Anyways, the night king dies and the entire of the army of the dead crumbles and Cercei attacks with the golden company and Jamie slays her.. after she has given birth. Also the hound the comes a long and somehow kills his brother.

Jamie then marries Sansa so she gets her golden prince and an adopted Lannister baby.

The end, roll credits.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is Viseryn a wight or a dragon White Walker?

It's appearance changed a lot. Seems to have turned black with blue spikes. Obviously he shoots Blue fire. He also appeared to be much faster in the air.

We also know that touching children is how the NK makes new White Walkers. He touched Visyrian to bring him back, instead of the usual arm raising trick.

I ask because if he is a Walker, he would retain his immunity to fire.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Wasn't Littlefinger specifically the Lord of the Vale? Wasn't it Littlefinger specifically that brought the Vale to the North? Why would the knights of the Vale just trust that Bran can really see through time?

Would have been a cool scene, is all I'm saying. Instead of the Arya vs Brienne scene, just use the trial by combat as a way to show how badass Arya is.

We've seen trial by combat used a few times to get people out of jams. Couldn't we say the same about Tyrion when he was a prisoner in the Vale? "Who on earth would have fought for Tyrion against the best Vale knight?"

He wasn't liked by his knights, I know in the books he is under suspicion of being behind the death of Lysa Tully and John Arryn, I don't remember if it was addressed in the show though.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Man, so much stuff to tie up but they just didn't bother.

Like:
- Payoff for Sam stealing the Tarly Valerian steel sword? Randyll didn't even seem to notice. Now Sam and Bran are this super "let's look up everything" service to the audience. Sword or Gilly don't matter.
- Elaria is in KL, left to die in a dungeon with her daughter. But what about Dorne? They still have an army, no? Who rules them? Why don't they matter for the the battle North?
- Arya kills the Freys. Who holds the Twins? They still have an army, no? Who rules them? Why don't they matter for the the battle North?
- Highgarden is destroyed / conquered by the Lannisters. Do they hold the Reach? Storm's End?
- Viserion: The NK reanimated him by touching him. We only see the NK do this once: With Craster's baby deep up North. It is believed this is how White Walkers are created. Meanwhile wights are created by just raising them, a power not only the NK but also the WW have. So is Viserion a WW? The baby turned WW was still alive. Viserion was dead. So is Viserion a wight? Or neither? How does he shoot icy fire? We don't hear the NK say "dracarys". :--D

I also smell a bad happy ending: The offspring of Dany and Jon will get married to Cersei's child, to "break the wheel" and "protect the realm". (Whether Cersei will still be able to witness this is still up.) You see, this gives a leading couple from the big three houses. Everybody's happy. Or let's just introduce democracy. ...Provided they manage to kill the NK.

Speaking of the NK, I'm gonna root for this dude. Maybe he's even Azor Ahai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad